First (Official) Date

The Boys

Author’s POV

 

Yoona ran downstairs to the kitchen. Opened the fridge and took the orange juice. She sat on the table, took a bread and the strawberry jam. She ate the bread like she hasn’t eaten for many days.

“Yoona, are you a glutton?” Yoona’s eomma who’s cleaning the stove shook her head seeing her daughter’s behavior.

“I’m in a hurry, Eomma. I’m late for kids’ event today!”

“If you have known that you have event today, why did you sleep so late last night? And when did you come from yesterday, huh?”

“Just need some fresh air, Eomma!”

Yoona continued munching her bread. Yoona remembered she slept around 4AM. After she got home from the shining stars park; Yoona calls that park like that from now on; she couldn’t sleep. All she did was smiling, giggling, and remembering what Kyuhyun just said at the park. And just like Yoona, Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep too. He called Yoona and they talked a lot by phone until they didn’t realize that they’ve talked for more than 3 hours. They talked like they didn’t meet for ten years where the fact was they just separated for one hour. They made an excuse that they needed to talk a lot because they can’t have date today due to Yoona’s event. Once in a month, Yoona joins to help the kid’s event in her neighborhood. Too bad for the newest couple, that event for this month is on the day when they suppose to have their first date.

Yoona startled when her eomma handed her a tissue. “Wipe your mouth. How come you eat like a choding? When will you get a boyfriend if you keep like this?”

Yoona choked. She wanted to laugh but she decided not to talk about Kyuhyun and her. At least not now. Yoona gulped her orange juice and ready to go. “Eomma, I’ll be going. See ya!!!”

____________________

 

Finally Yoona arrived to the kids’ event. She panted after running from her home to this place. Today’s event is planting the trees in front of kindergarten school. The kids will be learnt that they have should make their environment green and how important the trees for this earth.

Yoona could see some kids were bringing shovel, plumber, the plants, and other gardening tools.

“Ohh…Yoona noona is coming!!” A little boy suddenly running to Yoona and made the other kids looked upon her.

“Noona!!!”

“Unnie!!!”

The kids ran to Yoona, some of them even tried to hug her. “Omo~~ Kids!!! How are you all? Sorry, I’m late. Wait..where’s Mr. Kim?”

“He’s there, Noona!”

“I’ll meet him first. Come on kids, continue what you’re doing! I’ll help after this. Fighting!!”

“FIGHTING!!!”

The kids ran back to this activity. Yoona walked closer to Mr. Kim, one of the three committees of this eventYoona felt guilty because she came late, the three should be worked harder for the past one hour.

“Emm.. Mr. Kim, annyeonghaseyo!” Yoona bowed to him.

“Oh Yoona, you came!!!” Mr. Kim poked Yoona’s shoulder and smiled brightly

“I’m sorry I’m late!”

“No, it’s okay. Your friend told us that you’ll be late!”

“My friend?” Yoona widened her eyes.

“Morning Miss Im Yoona!” someone called Yoona behind her.

Yoona turned her body. She jumped out backward with open mouth. “Kyuhyun!! What are you doing here?”

“Mr. Cho told us that he wanted to help us. Let’s call him our volunteer for today!” Mr Kim gave an explanation.

“Thank you, Mr. Kim, for this chance!” Kyuhyun bowed to Mr. Kim.

“No problem, I like a young man who full spirit like you. Oh..I have to check the kids behind!!” Mr. Kim excuse himself, leaving smiling Kyuhyun and clueless Yoona.

“Why are you looking me like that?” Kyuhyun folded his arms, bit his lower lips to not laugh when he’s seeing how cute her girlfriend’s expression.

“Actually, what do you want here?”

“I just wanna help them. Because I guessed you’ll be late. And I was right! You are one hour late!”

“Because you called me last night, I couldn’t sleep!”

“That’s not an excuse, Yoona! Look at me, I woke up as usual. You’re the one who’s sleepyhead!” Kyuhyun pushed Yoona’s forehead gently.

Yoona chuckled. “I know you’re here, because you wanted to see me. Are you missing me that much, Cho Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun moved his face closer to Yoona’s, then he whispered “Of course I miss you!! How can I not miss my cutie girlfriend huh?”

The way Kyuhyun responded to Yoona’s teasing question made Yoona’s heart thumps. She expected Kyuhyun will back, but his answer successfully gave butterflies in Yoona’s stomach.

“Moreover, I don’t wanna miss our first date. And in such event, don’t you think how noble our first date is?” Kyuhyun ruffled Yoona’s hair.

Yoona smiled sweetly to Kyuhyun. “You’re cheesy. But I like it!”

 “Go help the kids. It’s not the time for lovey dovey, Grandma!!” Kyuhyun poked Yoona’s head gently then walked away.

Yoona pouted when she eard the word ‘grandma’, but it fastly changed with a smile. Yoona still stood at her spot. She really didn’t imagine that Kyuhyun would come here. And it made her like a crazy girl again. ‘Is it love this beautiful? Or is it because of Kyuhyun?’

“Noona, help me please!”

That kid made Yoona back to the real world! “Yess Yoogeun, Noona is coming!!!”

__________________

 

Kyuhyun and Yoona were planting side by side. Yoona was helped by two little boys while Kyuhyun was helped by one little girl.

The girl who helped Kyuhyun suddenly asked, “Oppa, why are you so handsome?”

That question made Yoona laughed. Even little kid knows that her boyfriend is handsome.

“Don’t know. Oppa’s already handsome since the day Oppa was born!”

“Liar!” Yoona responded quickly.

“We don’t need your opinion, Yoona noona!” Kyuhyun and stucked his tongue.

The little girl asked again, “Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?”

This time, that question made Yoona waited Kyuhyun’s answer excitedly. Would Kyuhyun said yes?

“No, Oppa doesn’t have a girlfriend!” Kyuhyun glanced to Yoona who glared at him.

“Really, Oppa?”

Kyuhyun whispered to the little girl and the little one giggled. “Oppa will take water first, okay?!” Kyuhyun ruffled the little girl’s hair then stood up.

Yoona looked to his boyfirend until he’s out of sight. She moved closer to the little girl. “Dayoungie, what that oppa whispered to you?” Yoona asked carefully.

The little girl named Dayoung giggled first, “Oppa said he doesn’t have a girlfriend, but he said he has Yoona unnie!!”

“Really? He said that?”

Dayoung nodded happily. Yoona back to her spot and giggled too.

“Noona, why are you smiling alone?”

“Nothing! Let’s work again!!” Yoona said cheerfully.

______________

 

Yoona was out from the rest room when she noticed a little boy tried to carry the tree on the pot.

“Omo~ Kyungsan!! Why don’t you ask your friend to help you? It’s too heavy for you!” Yoona then kneeled down. “Let noona bring it!”

“Thank you, Noona!” The little boy the pecked Yoona’s cheek.

“Eh?” Yoona widened her eyes.

“Yaaaaa~ little boy!!! What did you do huh?” Kyuhyun, out of nowhere, suddenly came and yelled with anger all over his face.

Yoona stood up and Kyungsan hid behind Yoona. “Kyuhyun, why did you yell? Kyungsan, go to your friends. Don’t worry, noona will handle this Hyung!”

Kyungsan peeked to Kyuhyun first then run as fast as he could.

“I don’t like seeing he kissed you!”

“He’s just a little boy! 5 years old!!!”

“But he’s still a BOY!!!” Kyuhyun emphasized the word ‘boy’.

Yoona sighed. Then she handed a pot of tree to Kyuhyun. “You better plant this tree than jealous to little boy like this. You’re not funny.” Yoona folded her arms, she really couldn’t believe Kyuhyun just jealoused towards 5 years boy.

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona. But then he realized, it didn’t make sense jealous towards little boy. “Alright then. Where should this tree is planted?”

“Over there.” Yoona pointed the direction behind her.

Kyuhyun carried the tree and walked to the Yoona’s direction. “Hey Yoona…”

Yoona turned around to face Kyuhyun but then………Kyuhyun pecked her cheek and made Yoona motionless. Yoona looked at Kyuhyun with wide eyes but Kyuhyun just gave her wink and continued walking. Yoona turned around again and touched her cheek that been kissed by Kyuhyun. She smiled unconsciously.

“Stupid Kyuhyun!!” Yoona giggled but then she wandered around to make sure that no one saw when Kyuhyun pecked her cheek.

______________

 

The plant trees event has ended. Now all the kids and the committees with the one volunteer were gathering in the park. They all sat on the grass.

Mr. Kim was giving final speech. “We know that trees are our good friends. We have to keep & protect them after we planted it. If we all look for them with all our heart, it has same meaning that we look for our Earth. Because of that, we here special thank you to all of you kids. You all have worked hard to make our neighborhood green and clean. Promise you will look for the trees, okay??”

“Ne~~!!” All the kids replied happily.

“Also thank you too Mrs. Lee Shi Young, Mrs. Kim Na Young, Miss Im Yoona, and also to Miss Im Yoona’s friend emmm Mr. Cho. Sorry who’s your complete name?” Mr. Kim asked to Kyuhyun.

All the kids and other committees turned to Kyuhyun while Yoona elbowing him to answer.

“Cho Kyuhyun. And actually, I’m not Yoona’s friend but I’m her boyfriend!” Kyuhyun smiled widely.

Yoona slapped Kyuhyun’s arm with what-the-hell-did-you-say face. Kyuhyun glared at her and rubbed his arm with what-was-the-slap-for face. All the kids giggled and cheered for Kyuhyun and Yoona. The adults also smiled widely.

“Actually we knew it, Mr. Cho. We noticed it! But really thank you for your help. Alright, now before go home, let’s have lunch together. All of you already got the meal right? Let’s eat well and see you next month!!!” Mr. Kim uttered.

“Yeahhhhhh!!!!” All the people cheered, especially the kids who opened their lunch boxes happily.

“What was that huh?” Yoona whispered to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun said with the food in his mouth. “I just..want..all the people know that you’re mine!”

“But that’s so embarrassing!!” Yoona still whispered.

“So you don’t like that?”

Yoona glared at Kyuhyun then sighed. “Unfortunately, I like that!” Yoona then giggled.

“I know, now eat your lunch, Shikshin!!”

Yoona pouted. “I’m not a shikshin!”

“Fine…let’s eat, Cutie!!” Kyuhyun pinched Yoona’s cheek softly and made it blushing.

__________________

 

Yoona and Kyuhyun were cleaning their lunch boxes and were about to go home, when suddenly Mrs. Lee, one of committees, approached them.

“Yoona, is your house close to Kyungsan’s, right?” Mrs. Lee asked Yoona.

“Ah yes Mrs. Lee.!”

“So would you help him? He’s aslept under the tree! Maybe you can wake him up and go home together with him!”

“Of course Mrs. Lee, I’ll wake him up after this!”

“Thank you then. I’ll go home first! Good bye!”

Yoona and Kyuhyun bowed to Mrs. Lee. Without wasted any time, Yoona dragged Kyuhyun along to go to three where Kyungsan was sleeping. When they arrieved there, they saw little Kyungsan was sleeping on the bench. He looks like little angel.

Yoona kneeled down then Kyungsan’s hair gently. “Kyungsan, wake up! Let’s go home!”

Kyungsan looked like in deep sleep. Yoona tried to shake his body slowly, but Kyungsan still not opened his eyes and gave no sign to be awaken soon.

Kyuhyun moved his body closer to Kyungsan and lifted his body slowly. “Let me carry him!”

Yoona widened her eyes. Kyuhyun successfully lifted Kyungsan. He leaned Kyungsan’s head on his shoulder and hugged his body. Seeing this, made Yoona smiled proudly. She couldn’t believe Kyuhyun will do it.

“I can’t believe I’m carrying my rival now!” Kyuhyun said after they got walk out of the kindergarten area.

“Aishh..stop your jealousy towards little boy!”

“Seriously, all the little boys really adore Yoona noona!” Kyuhyun sighed, showing his dislike.

“Then you should be proud that your girlfriend is loved by everyone! Hey, seeing you like this, you look like Kyungsan’s appa” Yoona chuckled.

“What?? Then you should become his eomma then!!”

Yoona laughed. “Should I???”

Kyuhyun laughed too, he even couldn’t believe what just he said. “Yoona, I know you like kids. But seeing you today, it’s kinda different. You look like a good eomma. How lucky the man who will be your future husband!!” Kyuhyun smiled teasingly.

“Indeed!! You want to be that lucky man, right??”

“Not really. But I don’t have any choice if God already destined me to be that man!”

Yoona laughed again after hearing Kyuhyun’s words. Somehow, she’s still not familiar with his cheesiness.

“Kyuhyun, it’s funny for me. We supposed to be arguing all the time, but now all you said really so cheesy!!”

“What do you want exactly? Last night, you said I’m not romantic, now I’m trying to be more romantic but you laughed” Kyuhyun sighed. “Don’t worry, we can keep arguing! Though you’re labeled as my girlfriend now, I won’t let you win over me!!”

“I’ve never lost before!!”

“Oh really?”

Kyuhyun and Yoona glared at each other. The atmosphere of arguing battle is heating up.

“Oh well that’s Kyungsan’s house!!!” Yoona pushed Kyuhyun’s towards one house and saved them for the arguing.

Yoona pressed the doorbell. Not long time, a woman around 30s opened the door.

“Oh Yoona!! Omo…Kyungsan!!!” the woman surprised seeing Kyungsan was carried by a young man whom she never met. She took Kyungsan’s body slowly from Kyuhyun.

“He was aslept under the tree, and we can’t wake him up!”

“He’s so sleepyhead. But thank you so much, you two wanted to send his home. Emm…Yoona is this………?” The woman didn’t finish her question but looked at Kyuhyun instead then glanced to Yoona, waited for explanation whether what she’s thingking about what the man is, right or wrong.

Kyuhyun and Yoona looked at each other. They understood what the woman thought.

Yoona smiled sheepishly to Kyungsan’s eomma. “Yes, Ahjumma. This is my boyfriend!”

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona, surprised for awhile then smiled brightly. Kyungsan’s eomma chuckled. She could feel that the young couple in front of her was still in lovey dovey mode.

“Let’s come in and have tea!” Kyungsan’s eomma offered.

“Ah thank you so much, Ahjumma. But we have to go home!” Yoona rejected, politely.

“Is that so? But, once again thank you so much for sending Kyungsan home!!”

“No problem about that!” Kyuhyun finally said.

The couple bowed to Kyungsan’s eomma and excused their selves. And they walked again towards Yoona’s home hand in hand.

“Kyuhyun, you don’t bring your car?”

“Nope! I’m in a good mood to go by bus today!! Yoona, I’ve told my parents about us this morning!”

Yoona opened . “Really? Why?”

“I always tell everything to my parents! So yeah, they deserved to know who’s the girl that their son is dated!”

“Emmm…then what’s their reaction?” Yoona asked carefully. She wished she’ll get nice answer.

“My appa just congratulated me. My eomma, she’s so happy. She said that she wanted you to be my girlfriend from the the first time she met you. She even asked me to bring you to my home to have dinner together!”

Yoona couldn’t hide her happiness in her face. “Your eomma said that? It’s been long time I haven’t come to your home. The last, when you held a little party for your graduation I think!”

“I even can’t believe that my eomma is your fan too!” Kyuhyun laughed.

“That’s charming Yoona!!!” Yoona giggled.

“Then how bout you? Don’t you afraid about Heechul hyung? Maybe he will tease you more, if he finds out that what he’s suspicious all the time finally came true. Thinking about this somehow made me embarrass too!”

“A little afraid actually. But I have to face it. However I want him and my parents know about us! But….I’m still afraid and shy how to say it to them.”

They almost arrived at Yoona’s house when Yoona suddenly stopped. She faced Kyuhyun and held his both hands. They stood and looked at each other in front of the house right beside Yoona’s.

“Kyuhyun, I’m sorry. Our first dating is not really memorable.”

“What did you say? I really have so much fun today! Watching movies, hanging around to the mall, eating together, or playing to amusement park, we already done those events together right? It’s the first time for us, gardening!!”

Kyuhyun and Yoona chuckled together. Yoona agreed with Kyuhyun, though what they did today just gardening, but she’s really happy. How come she’s not happy if she always exchange glances with Kyuhyun all the time?

Kyuhyun poked Yoona’s nose and made her giggled sheepishly. They still faced each other and tightened their grips.

“YOONA?????”

The couple turned to the direction where the voice who called Yoona came from. They broke their grips in a hurry when they saw Heechul and his parents stood in front of their house. Kyuhyun and Yoona had no idea since when and for what they stood there.

What’s happening then are; Heechul and the parents saw at the couple with disbelief and curiousity looks. While Kyuhyun and Yoona saw them back with red faces and confusion, they didn’t know what they should do.