Almost

The Boys

Author’s POV

A red Ferrari is on its way along Apgujung street. The two people are inside it, the driver, Kyuhyun of course, with Yuri beside him. Yuri asked him to accompany her to buy something in Co-ex Mall. And now she’s busy checking her belongings. Kyuhyun just makes glances to Yuri and shakes his head. Girls are always like this when it comes for shopping.

“Kyuhyun, look!!!” Yuri is showing a male’s jacket with a sweet smile. “What do you think about it? Donghae will like it?”

Kyuhyun looks at the jacket. Nice jacket. Sure, it’s chosen by Yuri, the fashionista in his campus. “He will love it!”

“I hope so!” Yuri giggles and looks so satistified with her choice.

“Why did you buy it for him? He said he doesn’t want anything?” Kyuhyun asked while still focused look at the front.

“He gave me a gift for my birthday. So I should give him something too tomorrow!” Yuri uttered. Then she back to busy again checking her other things.

The red light. Kyuhyun stopped his car. He just realized that his car in front of CN Cinema, his favorite place to watch movies. He peeked to see the billboard movies to know what movies that currently showing. He saw the billboard of some Hollywood movies, the newest Jang Dong Gun’s movie, and some of Hong Kong’s movies.

Kyuhyun unconsciously looked at cinema’s parking lot. He felt that he recognized a girl who’s just went out from a car. He tried to look clearly then he’s sure it’s Yoona.

Yoona walked towards someone who’s waiting for her in the other edge of a car. And it doesn’t need a long time for Kyuhyun to notice that he’s Siwon. Siwon looked so happy with a wide smile. The two then walked together to go inside the cinema. Even though, they’re not walking hand in hand but they looked so match. The people surely will conclude that they’re a couple. The perfect couple exactly.

“Kyuhyun, it’s green light!” Yuri patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

Kyuhyun back to his senses. He could hear loud horns from cars behind. He hurriedly drove his car again. He made glance to Yuri and he saw Yuri is now busy with her phone. Somehow, it made him relieve because he doesn’t in a good mood to talk. His mind is full with the scene that he’s just seen in CN Cinema’s parking lot. A lot of questions also crossed his mind ‘Are they dating now?’ ‘Why Yoona never talk about it?’ ‘Since when they became that so close?’ and other questions with no one who can’t answer.

 

***

 

Yoona’s POV

Here we are. Inside the CN Cinema. I looked at Siwon sunbae beside me. He smiles at me and I bow my head to hide my blushing cheeks.

I make sight seeing. So many movie posters hang on the wall. How long I haven’t watched here? I try to remember. Oh it’s two months ago, when Sooyoung and I watched Son Ye Jin’s comedy romantic movie. Then I realized again. It’s already a long time I haven’t watched movie here with Kyuhyun. CN Cinema is Kyuhyun’s favorite cinema. He rejected if I asked to watch in other cinemas. I don’t know why he loves this place so much. Well maybe, it’s cozy here and the popcorn is the best. That’s my opinion.

I’ve always watched movie here with Kyuhyun in high school time. Sometimes with our friends from choir club, but most of time just the two of us. I never rejected when he asked me to accompany him. Why? Because I love movies and Kyuhyun always treat me. We never missed to watch Harry Potter series, Hollywood and Korea movies box office before. Kyuhyun likes drama which always makes me to by calling him DramaKyu. I think the boys should love action and horror movie, yes Kyuhyun loves that kind of movies too, but I just can’t believe he also loves drama even though after we’ve watched it I’m the one who often cried in the end and made him tease me back by caling me crybaby.

“Omo!!!” I said unconsciously after I saw the long queue in every ticket lockets. Not only long queue, but also so many people here today.

“Sunbae, it’s too long!!” I said to Siwon sunbae beside me. Which made me surprise, he kept calm.

“Don’t worry Yoona. Look at this!!” Siwon sunbae took something from his pocket. And abracadabra a pair of tickets is waving in front of my face.

“Oh!!!! Sunbae! How come you get it?”

“Magic!!” He laughs. “I’ve already ordered since yesterday.”

I nodded. He’s full with preparation.

Siwon sunbae looked at his watch. “15 minutes more. Yoona, let’s get in to the studio. You’re surely don’t want to miss the movie any single minute of it, right?”

I haven’t answered Siwon sunbae’s question yet, when someone bumped me from behind. Too fast to realize, all I know I’m already on the floor.

“Omo Omo, I’m sorry.. I’m sorry!!!” A woman around 30s, who’s just into bumped me, helped me to stand up.

“Are you okay, Miss? Do you feel hurt?” That woman checked my hands and my legs after I got to stand.

I looked at her. Her face is so regretful. “I’m okay. Don’t worry, Ahjumma. And I don’t feel hurt at all”

“Are you sure??? Omo~ I’m so sorry!!!” The ahjumma kept saying sorry.

“Really. I’m okay!!” I gave her my smile because yess I don’t feel hurt at all, maybe I just feel a little embarrassed because a lot of people are looking at me.

The ahjumma held my hands tightly. “I hope you’re really okay. Once again I’m sorry!!”

The ahjumma then continue walking again. And I still keep looking at her.

“Glad that you’re okay. Come on Yoona, let’s go!!” I heard Siwon sunbae’s voice.

I turn away. Siwon sunbae walks towards the studio. But I keep standing in my place and watching Siwon sunbae’s back. Then I remember a moment…….

 

~~Flasback~~

We kept walking. There is a boy behind us who’s running fast and bumped into me. I almost fell because I’m not ready to balance my body. Kyuhyun caught me so that I didn’t fall on the floor. The boy who’s just bumped me just bowed to say sorry then running again.

Kyuhyun kept looking the running boy with his death glare. “What’s on that boy’s mind?”

“Kyuhyun, don’t worry, I’m okay!” I tried to make Kyuhyun, who pissed off, to be calm.

Kyuhyun helped me to stand. “Are you sure you okay? Aisshhh…why so many people had traveled today?”

Kyuhyun dragged me to be in front of him. He put his hands on my shoulders and held them tight.

“You walk first. I’ll walk behind you!” Kyuhyun whispered right in my ear. “Come on!”

~~Flashback end~~

 

It was almost the same situation. In a crowded place, someone bump into me from behind. The differences are:  Kyuhyun was there and caught me so that I didn’t fall. Kyuhyun looked so worried then asked me whether I’m really okay or not. Kyuhyun was mad at someone who almost made me hurt. Then Kyuhyun protected me by holding my shoulders so no one’s will bump into me again.

It doesn’t mean that I expected Siwon sunbae to do the same thing. But I was really happy at that time when Kyuhyun did those things towards me. I miss to be protected by someone. I miss the moment when someone doesn’t want me to get hurt. And suddenly I feel like I miss Kyuhyun so much.

Aisssshhh Yoona, what are you thinking???

I look for Siwon sunbae. He’s walking. I guess he doesn’t even know that I’m still not making a move. But then he turns away and seemed look for me. I hurriedly run to him.

“Oh Yoona, I think you lost!” he giggled. “Wait here..I’ll buy the popcorn!!!”

He leaved me alone again. All I can see now only his back when he’s ordering for popcorn.

“Yoona here’s your popcorn. And this is your cola!”

He gave me a big popcorn cup and a cup of cola. “You bought two cups of popcorn?”

“Sure…should I buy three cups?” He laughed. “Come on, let’s get in..!”

I smiled awkwardly. Maybe Siwon sunbae thought I was kidding when I asked why he bought two cups of popcorn. When I watched movies with Kyuhyun, he always buy one cup. Aishhhhhh…. Stop thinking about Cho Kyuhyun, Yoona!!!!!!

We already sat in our seats. The movie also is currently playing. Siwon sunbae’s really know the best seat to watch movies. I can watch into the screen perfectly. I looked at him beside me. Siwon sunbae looked so focus at screen.

I eat my popcorn but then….. I feel lonely. I don’t like eating this popcorn alone. Maybe this is the reason why Kyuhyun only bought one cup of popcorn. I always as stingy because of it. But now I know, I love the time when we ate popcorn from the same cup. Fight to get more popcorn, with our hands battle inside the cup. Geeez…….I’m thinking of him again. Stop doing it Yoona!!!

Come on! Focus on the movie……………….

 

***

 

The movie has ended 15 minutes ago. Now I’m sitting on passenger seat beside Siwon sunbae who’s driving.

“What do you think about the movie, Yoona?”

CRAP!!!! I didn’t really pay attention to the movie. What will I answer if he asks more about the stars’ acting, the best scene, the editing, blab blab la the annoying Kyuhyun’s questions after we’ve watched movies.

“Ehmmm I love the ending. It’s happy…” I tried to giggle. I hope he can’t feel my awkwardness.

He nodded. “Agree. The ending is so touched!!”

I’m ready for his another questions, but he just keep silent. He’s so different with Kyuhyun. If I’m with Kyuhyun now, he’s surely will talk a lot about the acting of the stars, the sinematography, the best scene he thought, and so on which sometimes I don’t understand because I just pay attention into the story or the handsome actors. Kyuhyun also will nag if he watches movie that bad for him. He will say the director should do this or that, the screenwriter should’ve not made a boring scenario and etc.

And I miss that moment. The silence between me and Siwon sunbae now seemed so awkward.

“Do you mind if I play the music?”

“Just play it Sunbae. I love music too!!”

“You do, because you are a part of choir team!!!”

We chuckle together. He presses the music player. And then the song is playing……

My smile disappears. This song…………….

 

Isn't she lovely

Isn't she wonderful

Isn't she precious

Less than one minute old

I never thought through love we'd be

Making one as lovely as she

But isn't she lovely made from love

 

Great!! Why everything reminds me of Kyuhyun tonight???? Who’s making this conspiracy??

I look outside the car. I take a breath deeply. But I can’t stop thinking about him. The scene of Kyuhyun’s sweetness on subway that day is playing in my head. Okay, maybe I’ve seen him yet these days, so that I miss him and thinking about him tonight.

“Yoona, are you sure, you don’t want to have dinner?” Siwon sunbae’s voice startles me. Because of this song, I forget that I’m with perfect boy beside me, how can I think about another boy? You’re crazy, Yoona!

“Yes, Sunbae! I’m so sorry. My eomma surely wait for me!” I said. And yess, eomma gave me ultimatum to not go home too late because she needs me to make a cake for her friends who’ll come tomorrow.

“Okay let’s have dinner another time then.” He glances to me and smiles. I smile back and nod.

Not a long time, Siwon sunbae’s car stops in front of my house.

“Em….thank you so much for tonight, Sunbae!!!”

Unexpetedly, Siwon sunbae grabs my right hand and hold it tightly. I widened my eyes and I feel my heart beats faster.

“I’m the one who should thank to you, Yoona!”

The next thing I know, Siwon sunbae’s face is close to mine. He looks right at my eyes. God, what should I do??? Don’t tell me he wants to kiss me, I’m not ready for this!

But his face is closer, even I can feel his breath. Now his eyes turns to look at my lips. And of course his lips is close to mine too. It almost no gap between our lips.  Omo~~ help me…………

Drrrrrtttttttttttt Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt….

My phone vibrated. Siwon sunbae hurriedly back to his driver seat and looked embarrassed. I feel like I run out oxygen. I breath deeply before I pick my phone. “Oh eomma. I’m in front of our house now!!! Okay!” I hung up the phone.

“This is my eomma. I think…………….I should leave now! Em….once again thank you Sunbae!”

Siwon sunbae looks awkward. He even can’t look at me anymore. “Yes…. And good night!”

I bow to him then I open the car’s door in a hurry. Then I run to my house as fast as I can.