Just Like This

The Boys

Yoona’s POV

I’m alone here at bus stop. Sooyoung has already gotten her bus. And no other people here. So weird. This is the first time of my life I’m all alone in bus stop and where the hell my bus? Luckily I have tteobokki in my hand. I’ve bought it before in cafeteria with Sooyoung. At least, I can consider these delicious tteobokki as my friend who accompany me now.

A car stopped in front of me. When I noticed whose car it is, I feel uneasy. The window in driver seat runs down then the owner of the car gives me a sweet smile. Handsome as always, Siwon sunbae.

“Yoona, are you gonna go home?” he asked me, still with that dimple smile.

I stood up and bowed to him. “Ah yes, Sunbae!”

“Get in!” Siwon sunbae tilted his head towards passenger seat beside him.

I dumbfounded. Should I get in to his car? We haven’t talked since that night ‘incident’. I’m little afraid when I remembered that. If I have a choice, maybe I pick to go home by bus.

“Yoona, come on!”

I gazed him. It’s not a good manner if I refused his offer to ride me home. Siwon sunbae is always kind towards me. I walked towards his car, opened the door, and sat beside him.

Almost a half on the way to my home, we didn’t talk. I could feel, he also still awkward because of that ‘incident’. I feel more comfortable to call it as ‘incident’.

All I can do is eat my tteobokki, while he drives his car slowly.

“What do you eat?”

Siwon sunbae broke the silence between us. Suddenly I felt embarrassed; I only eat without payed attention to him.

“Tteobokki!”

“Where did you buy it?”

“Cafeteria. Their tteobokki is the best.” I chuckled awkwardly.

“Really? I haven’t tried it!”

“Really? Do you wanna try?”

“Okay..Feed me please! I’m driving!”

For a moment, I regretted what I’ve said. Did he really want me to feed him? It won’t be funny. But in the end, I took one tteobokki with stick and put it in front of Siwon sunbae’s mouth.

“Here it is, Sunbae!”

Siwon sunbae looked at me first! “Thank you, Yoona!” He ate that tteobokki and chewed it happily.

“Wooww…it’s really delicious!!”

I couldn’t help but laugh seeing his weird expression when he said ‘delicious’. This gentleman also can do an aegyo.

SIwon sunbae’s car stopped in front of my house. But which surprised is, before I said thanks he already got out from his car, and opened the door for me. He treated me like a princess, but it made me feel more awkward.

“Thank you, Sunbae!” I got out his car with coyly smile.

“Hey Yoona!”

“Yes….”

Suddenly, Siwon sunbae’s rubbed my cheek. Made it blush and made my heart jumped. What is he doing?

“There’s sauce on your face. You eat like a kid!” He chuckled.

I smiled awkwardly. And hurriedly rubbed my cheeks too, to make sure no more sauce on it!

“Don’t worry the sauce is already gone!”

We laughed together. Then I heard sound of car. I tilted my head to look at it and my eyes became wide when I saw a red Ferrari behind Siwon sunbae’s car.

This is really something! All what Siwon sunbae has done made me awkward, and now Kyuhyun has come too? What is this about? My heart is really beat faster. At this moment I hope I have ability to be invinsible.

Siwon sunbae seemed notice too that someone has come. He turned away. And we both saw Kyuhyun who’s just got out from his Ferrari and showing his grin.

Kyuhyun walked toward us. I looked away. I don’t have dare to look at him.

“Annyeonghaseyo Siwon sunbae!” Kyuhyun bowed to Siwon sunbae.

“Oh Kyuhyun annyeong! Long time no see!”

“Yes! Emm..am I bothering you too?”

Kyuhyun’s question made me gaze at him. I saw his teasingly smile. I dont know why but his question made me wanna punch him.

Siwon sunbae chuckled. “I just sent her home. And I’ll leave after this. And… what are you gonna do here?” Siwon asked back. He sounded interrogate Kyuhyun.

“I have business talking with Yoona. You don’t have to worry, I won’t steal her from you, Sunbae!” Kyuhyun giggled.

WHAT? What did he say? Business talking? Won’t steal me from him? Cho Kyuhyun, I don’t understand what you said. I really think what he said is not funny at all.

“Ah you..what are you saying!” Siwon sunbae beamed and punch Kyuhyun’s arm softly. “Okay, it’s time for me to go home. Yoona, I’ll be going. Kyuhyun, see you!”

“Yes, Sunbae!” Kyuhyun and I said at the same time.

We both kept silent until Siwon sunbae’s car out of sight. Then I can hear Kyuhyun took a breath deeply.

“Let’s come in!” I said softly.

“No, it will be fresher here.” Kyuhyun then sat on stairs in front of my house’s fences. He tapped an empty spot beside him. “Sit here!”

I sat beside him slowly. Silence for a moment. I just hoped he won’t hear the beat of my heart.

“You know what I’m gonna say, right?” He said and turned away to look at me.

I know Kyuhyun, I know. You will talk about our kiss last night, right? But instead of saying those words, I just nodded and dare myself to look at him back.

 “About that kiss, I’m really sorry. I did that without any purpose. I just felt a little mad because you seemed like avoid me along Donghae’s party and plus I drank wine too much. So…I kissed you without my awareness. I’m really sorry, Yoona. Really sorry! Forgive me please?”

He looked at my eyes deeply. And I don’t know what to say. To be honest, I hate what he just said. I don’t know why but….oh wait, what I really want exactly? Of course he should’ve apologized because he made me thinking about him all night long.

“Yess..let’s just forget it!” I said. But…Yoona is it really what do you wanna say to him?

He smiled. Not a grin, not a smirk, but a simple smile. Very sweet, I never saw he smiled like this before. He broke our gazing and looked straight.

“Because of that, I couldn’t sleep last night! I guess you couldn’t too!” He chuckled.

“You made me insomnia!”

He laughed. “Oh..I made the sleepyhead insomnia? How great I am!”

I punched his back but it just made him laughed more. Kyuhyun then looked at me again.

“Hey..You have done well with your relationship with Siwon sunbae. I can’t believe you are not only his fangirl anymore but I can feel you’ll be his girl soon. Are you happy, right?” Kyuhyun ruffled my hair and gave me that simple smile again.

Am I happy? Am I really happy about that? I don’t even know if I’m happy or not right now.

“You too. You look so close with Yuri!” I uttered something that out of topic.

“I always that close with Yuri. But I’ve realized before, that Yuri is not right for me!”

I widened my eyes. “What do you mean?”

“She’s beautiful, y, friendly, fashionable, smart, and funny. All the normal boys will like her. Including me. But like is not always has same meaning with love. I like her as an ordinary boy who adores an almost perfect girl. I like her as a a boy who loves his good firend. But I don’t like her as a man who loves a woman that he will protect for all his life.”

I opened my mouth when I listened to Kyuhyun’s words. He’s really different today. Once again he made me speechless.

But Kyuhyun laughed when he’s seeing my open mouth. “Close your mouth Yoona, before flies, bees, and mosquitos come!!”

I pouted. Then he ruffled my hair again. “I’ll leave first!!! Bye Yoona” Kyuhyun stood up and walked slowly towards his car.

I saw his back which seemed further and further from me. A bad moment appeared in my mind.The day when I scolded him at Olympic Stadium and made him angry. That day all I can do was seeing his back and made me felt lost. I feel it too again right now. Lost. Emptiness.

I run slowly towards him and without thinking, I hug Kyuhyun from back. He stopped and I knew he startled with what I’m doing. I put my hands around his waist and rest my face on his back.

“Yoo-Yoona!!!”

“Are you okay?” I asked something that I’m sure will make Kyuhyun confused.

“What?”

“You seemed so different. Is there something which bothering you?”

We kept on that position for a while, without words. Kyuhyun with me who’s backhugging him, I don’t even care if there are people who’s seeing us like this. We’re busy with our each minds. If only I could read his mind.

Kyuhyun realeased my hands which surrounding his waist. He turned away to look at me who’s looking at the ground. He touched my chin to lift my face up. His face only few inches from mine.

“I’m okay. Why wouldn’t I?” He smiled at me.

“Are-you-sure?” I asked, slowly.

He nodded. “You weird as always. Now..get in to your house!” Kyuhyun pushed my forehead with his index finger softly.

“No, you’re my guest! So you have to leave first!”

“Is that so?” He nodded again. “Okay!!! See you Yoona! Take care of yourself!” He smiled then got into his car.

I saw his car leaved me slowly. And I feel like a part of my life is missing. “So…everything just stay like this……?”