Brand New Starts

The Boys

Yoona’s POV

 

“Get out of my car now!!!”

“Psh…you don’t need to ask, Oppa!!! Fetch me at 5 PM okay?” I raised my voice, as always Heechul oppa made me piss off.

“No way. I have to accompany Jessica to buy a gift for her niece’s birthday! Just go home by bus as usual!”

I widened her eyes. What my oppa just said? He will accompany her girlfriend to buy a gift for her niece? It means that, he will accompany her to go shopping? Shopping!! One thing that he hates the most. He even always reject everytime our eomma asks him to accompany her. And I know, he often fights with his past girlfriends because of shopping thingy.

“You what?? Hey Oppa, you really love your new girlfriend huh? First, she made you did exercise. And now…you’ll accompany her to go shopping? Oh God!! When will you introduce me to her? I wanna know my sister-in-law-to-be who’s changed my oppa!!” I clapped my hands and said excitedly.

He flicked my forehead then laughed. “She’s so special you know. The girl who’s the most difficult to get by amazing Heechul. I definitely won’t let her go!!”

“What’s her name? Jessica? Just introdude me to her, Oppa!!!” I shook his arm.

“Next time. But now get out. I don’t want to be late at my campus!!” He shoo-ed me.

“Alright! Alright!” I opened the door, but before I closed it. “Oppa, say hi to Jessica unnie, from her sister in law!!”

“Psh…. Say hi to Siwon too from his gorgeous brother in law!!” He laughed then pulled the door.

I rolled my eyes as I saw Heechul oppa’s car leaved me. He still doesn’t know that now completely nothing happened between me and Siwon sunbae. But for what I have to tell him about it? He’s absolutely will laugh like there’s no tomorrow if he knows that I have feeling for Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun. Ah I remember him again. It’s already a week since he’s in Jeju. If any people ask me, do I miss him? I miss him like hell. I never felt like this before. Everything that I do always remind me of him. One week seems like one century for me. Everytime I watched the news about Youth Energy Summit on TV, I hoped I would see a glimpse of him, but he’s nothing to be sight.

“Yoona!”

I turned my body to see who called me. I felt my heart skipped a beat when I saw him. It’s already one week I didn’t meet and talk to him. It’s so surprised me.

“Oh Annyeonghaseyo, Siwon sunbae!” As always, I bowed to him.

He smiled. That dimples smile. I relieved he still gives me his perfect smile even after I declined him. “I told you. Don’t use honorific to me. Stop bowing like that!”

“Oh should I? It will be wakward to me!!” I chuckled nervously.

“You probably feel wakward after you rejected me. Don’t be. I definitely okay now! So please let’s pretend like there’s nothing happened in the past. Let’s start all over again. As a good friend. Or maybe as siblings!!” He smiled again.

I’m so touched with his words. He’s beyond perfect. He’s not mad at me. I admitted, for the last week I hope I didn’t meet him because I was afraid that he will change his attitude towards me. But I was wrong. He’s kind as always. I have no regret at all that I once fell in love with a perfect boy in front of me. And I’m so thankful that he still wants us to be friends.

“Sunbae, thank you so much. Of course, I want to be your friend. I want to be your dongsaeng too!”

“Good. If you want, you can call me oppa too!”

I widened my eyes. “Really? Can I?” I covered my mouth because I’m too happy. He wants me to call him ‘Oppa’.

“Sure you can, Yoona dongsaeng!!” He chuckled and made me chuckled too. “From now on, if you need help for study or something like that, just call me, this oppa will help you!!”

I laughed more. “Thank you so much. From now, everytime I need help, you’re the first person I call….Siwon oppa!!”

We laughed together. I’m so lucky. He’s definitely kind. I hope someday, he will find someone who will love him with all her heart. He deserves to get a perfect girl who’s better than me.

“Yoona. I go to my class now. Fighting!!” He poked my shoulder and excused to his class.

I smiled when I saw his back. In the past, when I saw him like this, I saw him with admiration, but now I see him proudly. He’s my brother now. My perfect oppa exactly.

I back to my senses, when I felf someone poked my shoulder afrom behind. Who’s now? I turned my body and my smile disappeared. Onew!!

“Hi Yoona!” He greeted me, looked awkwardly.

“Hi!” I greeted him back, coldly.

It’s been long time, I didn’t meet him, since that movie-invitation-incident in cafeteria. And yess, of course I avoid him all the time.

“You look good with Siwon sunbae. Are you….officially dating him?” He asked carefully.

I don’t know why, but after hearing Onew’s question, I wanted to laugh. It’s not the first time I got that kind of question. But it’s the first time I got dating-question with another else boy despite of Kyuhyun.

“No. I’m not dating him!” I shook my head lightly, and held to not laugh.

“Really? But I think you close to him!!”

“Yes, we’re close. But he’s just my oppa and I’m his dongsaeng. Nothing more than that.” I said proudly. Yess, I’m so proud to be Siwon sunbae oopss I mean Siwon oppa’s dongsaeng.

Onew nodded. “Yoona, you know that I like you, right? But I also know that you hate me!”

I was dumbfounded. I didn’t expect Onew will say like that. Everyone knows that Onew has one sided love towards me. It’s so obvious to notice. Onew, who always try to approach me, who will escape when I see him. But..what Onew just said made me felt a little regret inside my heart. Did I too mean towards him of all this time?

“Onew, I don’t hate you. I…I just tried not to give you a hope. Maybe that’s why I looked so cold or something like that. But I really really don’t hate you!”

Onew looked at me. “You serious Yoona?” Onew made eyesmile. “The fact that you don’t hate me is more than enough for me. I won’t bother you with my crazy stuffs anymore.”

I chuckled. He’s so cute. I even don’t understand why I didn’t  fall in love with a boy like him. Maybe I was too blind with Siwon’s perfection or my heart is already so full with Kyuhyun all of this time without I realized.

“Onew, let’s be friends!!!”

I offered my hand to him. He’s so surprised with my sudden action. I just figured out, how relieve I am after I fix my relationship with Siwon oppa. And it will be greater if I can fix my relationship with Onew too.

Onew smiled and shook my hand. “Thanks chinguya!!!”

“You’re welcome. Hey, I’ve heard about you with Luna.”

“W-what??? We’re just friend. Yeahhh I know she’s cute but really we’re just friend!!” Onew looked nervously and his face turned red.

“If you are just friends, why your cheeks turn red huh???” I chuckled. He looks cuter when he’s shy like this.

“Oh…no no…”

I laughed seeing Onew being so nervous.I guess, I’m not just got a new friend but also got another victim to be teased.

 

****

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I hate this. I really hate this. Why I had to pass in front of choir club just now? Why I offered to help Youngjin seonsaengnim to bring these music books? Why Youngjin seonsaengnim forgot to bring the key of choir club room? Why he also had a meeting suddenly? Why these books so heavy? Why Yoona had to leave earlier because her eomma called her? Why am I so stupid?

“Aaaarrrghhhh….” I fell and the books were so messed. “Oh God!”

I stood and picked the books one by one. Suddenly, someone came and helped. I turned to look at someone who’s helping me but it just made me fell again.

“Are you okay?”

How can I be so okay? I just got heart attack because of you, Hankyung sunbae!!

I stood up hurriedly and picked the books. I even took the two books from Hankyung sunbae. “Thanks for your help, Sunbae!” I bowed to him.

“Are you sure you bring those ten thick books by yourself?”

He’s just asked me? Is he worrying me?

“Y-yeah of course!! It’s not heavy at all…” I’ve just said that but the fact is I fell again. Choi Sooyoung, you just made yourself embarrassing in front of him!! I really really wanted to cry because of my stupidity and my clumsiness.

I heard his chuckle. He came towards me and picked the books. “Bring these. I’ll bring the seven books!!”

He just left the the thinner books for me to be brought. While he broungt the thickest books. I smiled unconsciously.

I picked the three books and stood up. “Thank you, Sunbae!”

“Where will you go with these books, Sooyoung?”

What? What just she said? He called my name? “Sunbae, do you…remember my name?”

He looked at me confusedly. “Yes. Why? Aren’t you Yoona’s friend?”

I nodded happily. “Yes, I’m her friend!!”

“So where will we go with these books?”

“Library, Sunbae!”

“Oh okay. Let’s go!!”

I can’t stop smiling. Thanks God you gave me idea to pass in front of choir club. Thanks for Youngjin seonsaengnim who brought these books, forgot to bring key of choir room, and got meeting immediately. Thanks to Yoona’s eomma who’s called her daughter to go home as soon as possible. Thanks to God, who’s created this kind and handsome boy who helped me to bring these stupid books.

We walked in silent. Come on Sooyoung, don’t pass this chance. Show your best.

“Sunbae…how is Siwon sunbae? Is he okay?”

“You mean after your friend declined him?” He chuckled. Oh God, he’s so handsome.

“Yess, I mean that!”

“He looked so down at first. But now, he’s already back to normal.”

“Good then. Sunbae, I heard you are a half Chinese. Is it true?”

“Yes, my eomma is a Chinese. How did you know?”

And our conversation continued. I just hoped the way to library is thousand miles. So we could talk a lot more, more, and more.