A Confession

The Boys

Author’s POV

Yoona let out a deep sigh. Finally the boring class is over. She fixed her notebook and some papers from the table and put those to her bag. She bid goodbye to some of her friends around her and walked out from class slowly. Sooyoung didn’t come today, she said she has stomachace.

Walking alone like this made Yoona could think about everything without no one bothers. This week was one of harder weeks of her life. Many tests, many assignments, and much confusion in her heart.

First confusion is about Siwon sunbae. Along this week, Yoona and Siwon always text each other. Siwon also called Yoona only to say that he wanted to hear Yoona’s voice. Yoona admitted it that she’s flattered when Siwon said that. But, Yoona felt this is so awkward. And which made her confuse is sometime Siwon’s messages were very disturbing for her.

The second confusion is about Kyuhyun. After the weird backhugging, Kyuhyun disappeared. No text, no call. Well, this is not the first time Yoona and Kyuhyun have no contact for one week, but still it’s so different for Yoona. She feels Kyuhyun is avoiding her.

“Are you okay, Miss Pretty?”

Yoona stopped when someone blocked her way. And it’s Siwon sunbae and he just called her Miss Pretty.

“Oh Siwon sunbae, annyeonghaseyo!” Yoona bowed.

“Yoona, why are you still using honorific towards me? Don’t bow to me anymore, okay?”

“But, you’re my sunbae!”

“That’s right..but let’s use informal! It will be great!” Siwon gave Yoona a bright smile.

Without warning, Siwon suddenly held Yoona’s hand. Yoona looked at Siwon confusedly. She tried to let go of Siwon’s hand because she afraid her friends or her sunbaes will see this, but Siwon tightened his grip.

“Please follow me!”

“Eh?”

Yoona didn’t have choice. She followed Siwon’s steps. Some of students looked at them and made Yoona felt more uncomfortable.

Siwon went to upstairs. Yoona realized Siwon is going to go to the rooftop in that building of their faculty.

Siwon just realeased his grip from Yoona’s hand when he opened the door of the rooftop.

“This is my favorite place in our campus. Have you been here before?” Siwon asked when they walked toward the bench.

“Yes, sometimes.” Yoona said awkwardly. Somehow she still confuse why Siwon dragged her to here.

Siwon and Yoona sat on the bench. They didn’t have words for a while. Yoona peeked at Siwon. She saw Siwon was closing his eyes and lifted his head. Seemed like he’s enjoying the fresh air from that rooftop.

“Yoona!” Siwon called Yoona softly, still with closing eyes.

“Yes?”

Siwon opened his eyes slowly and looked at Yoona. “I think I’m in love with you!”

Yoona widened her eyes. She looked at Siwon with an unbelievable reaction looks. Many questions ran in Yoona’s mind. ‘Did he really say that he loves me?’ ‘Is he crazy?’ ‘Is it a joke?’ ‘Am I dreaming?’

Siwon could understand Yoona’s confusion. He held Yoona’s hand again. “Yoona, I love you! Would you be my girlfriend?”

Siwon sunbae, the perfect prince charming of Yoona’s beautiful dreams for many years is asking her to be his girlfriend! And it’s not a dream, it’s real.

“Hey..You have done well with your relationship with Siwon sunbae. I can’t believe you are not only his fangirl anymore but I can feel you’ll be his girl soon. Are you happy, right?”

Kyuhyun’s words at that time popped up in Yoona’s mind. Kyuhyun is right. She’s not a Siwon’s fangirl anymore. She’s just gotten a chanche to be Siwon’s girl because Siwon just confessed to her.

“Yoona, how? Would you be my girlfriend?” Siwon asked Yoona again. He could see Yoona’s mind is flying somewhere.

Yoona looked back to Siwon. Siwon was smiling to her, waited for her answer.

“Siwon sunbae… As for you know, I like you since we were in high school. Since the first time I saw you in our school’s field. You looked so dazzling and perfect in my eyes. I really wanted to be close to you since that time. But I had no courage to do that!”

Yoona sighed for a while then continued saying. “But then a miracle came to me when you bumped into me and asked me to accompany you at the bookstore that time. I can’t describe how happy I was when finally you know my existence. Everything’s happened so sudden for me. Until now, you still looked perfect in my eyes…”

Yoona stopped her words and her eyes started teary. “I should happy when finally you asked me to be your girl, but I’m sorry Sunbae, I can’t be your girlfriend.”

Siwon’s smile disappeared. The reaction on his face asked for explanation of Yoona’s rejection. He couldn’t understand, Yoona just said that she liked himself since high school but in the end she said she can’t be his girlfriend.

“I know I looked so complicated, but I think being friends is better for us. Though I know you for years but we still don’t know each other better.” Yoona said again.

Siwon looked away then chuckled. “Ahhh Im Yoona. You right. You really complicated. But…thanks for liking me. I respect your decision!” Siwon held Yoona’s hand tighter. “I hope after this everything’s between us doesn’t change. Okay?”

Yoona nodded lightly. “Thank you, Sunbae. Thank you!”

Yoona felt so touched with Siwon’s words. He didn’t get mad. He even still gave Yoona those dimple smiles again. Yoona felt so proud she met and know someone great like Siwon sunbae.

“Yoona..may I ask you something?” Siwon looked at Yoona again.

“What?”

“Do you love Kyuhyun?”

Yoona was dumbfounded. She’s never been asked this kind of question before. She got question about ‘Are you dating Kyuhyun?’ all the time but this is the first time someone asked her whether she loves Kyuhyun or not.

Yoona looked down at the rooftop’s floor. She doesn’t know how to answer it.

“I don’t know, Sunbae!”

Finally that’s Yoona’s answer. Actually Yoona has asked that same question to her own heart all these past weeks. But she always try to throw away that from question from her mind because she’s too cowardly to know what the answer. Moreover she’s afraid if she’s really in love with Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun doesn’t love her back. And thinking about that, made Yoona felt her heart is heavy and hard to breathe. She covered her face and started sobbing.

“Omo~ Yoona, are you okay?”

Siwon surprised why Yoona suddenly cried. But he realized the girl next to her was in her deep thinking. He regretted his last question for her. All Siwon do then is Yoona’s back to make her calm. Although he didn’t get it, he supposed to be the one who’s crying after got rejection. Girls are so unpredictable.


 

Sorry Sorry, no KyuNa's moment for this chapter ^^v