Under The Shining Stars

The Boys

Author’s POV

It’s already 2 weeks and the conference of Youth Energy Summit Asia in Jeju has ended. Kyuhyun already back to Seoul and arrived at his house around 5 PM. After took a rest for a while, he wanted to do something.

Kyuhyun ran on the downstairs hurriedly. It made her eomma who’s watching TV in the living room a liitle bit annoyed.

“Kyuhyun, where will you go? You just came. You should take a rest!”

“I’ve got enough rest, eomma! I miss Seoul so much. I’ll just hang around for a while, okay?”

Kyuhyun’s eomma sighed. “But don’t be too late!!”

“I won’t! Bye, Eomma!!” He kissed his eomma’s cheek and ran. His eomma just smiled seeing her precious son.

___________

Yoona’s POV

It’s already 9PM. And he hasn’t called me. He’s not back yet from Jeju? But the news said the conference was ended at 12 AM. How come he still not calling me until now? Should I call him? I shook my head. No..no..he promised he will call me. He has to fulfill his promise. Or he will regret it for the rest of his life.

I stared at my phone. I looked at my wallpaper screen. His pic that he sent to me, one day he went to Jeju. “Don’t smile at me like that!!!” Then I threw my phone harshly. Where in the world he is right now? Does he forget me because he met beautiful foreigners? Or something wrong happened to him? Oh please, come back soon Cho Kyuhyun.

My phone was ringing. Slowly, I peeked to my phone screen to know who the caller is. I felt my heart melt, when I saw ‘Evil Kyuhyun’ is on my screen phone.

I took my phone and smiled as bright as ever before I picked it. “Helloooooo!!!!” I said loudly. Like usual I talk to him on the phone.

Grandma, I’m back!!!” He chuckled.

“You’ve got the wrong number. I don’t have a grandson!!”

I hung up the phone and laughed. He deserved to get punishment after he called me late and call me grandma again.

As expected, he called again. I laughed more and guess what? Yess, I’m soooooo happy.

“Who is it?” I made my voice as cold as I could.

Amazing Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Who’s that? I don’t know him!!”

Get out from your house then. And you will see him!”

I widened my eyes. “Are you in front of my house? Now? Really?”

I heard him laughed. “Just go out now, Yoona. I’m waiting!”

He hung up the phone. Is he really in front of my house? Really? My heart beat really fast. I jumped from my bed. Checked my face in the mirror and brushed my hair. One more thing that I just realized, everyime I’ll meet Kyuhyun or when he came to my house, I made sure that I looked okay. I smiled when I realized it.

I grabbed my cardigan. And got out from room happily. I walked out from my house secretly, I don’t want my parents or Heechul oppa caught me. I took a deep breath before I opened the fence. I pulled the fence slowly and there he was. Standing and leaning on his Ferrari.

He tilted his head when he noticed the fence was opened. And he smiled when he saw me. I couldn’t help but gave him a smile too. All my worries gone when I walked towards him.

“Hey!!”

“Just hey? You didn’t meet me for two weeks! I deserve to get more than just ‘hey’!”

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want?”

“A hug or a kiss sounds good!”

I slapped his arm. “Dream on!!”

“Aishh I’m just kidding, you know!!!”

“Why are you here? Are you missing me so much?” I back.

He chuckled. Then ruffled my hair. Doesn’t he know that I just brushed my hair? Lucky him, I love the way he ruffled my hair.

“Ah..I know! You came to give me souvenir from Jeju?”

“Nope. I don’t have time to buy it!”

I sighed and looked away. “Then why are you here?”

“Let’s have a walk! I need some fresh air”

“Where?”

“Go to the park there!”

He pointed to one direction. I knew what he meant. The park near my house. Before I said yes, he’s already walked then I didn’t have another choice. I walked behind him.

“Kyuhyun, how was the conference? Did you meet beautiful girls?”

He laughed. “One of Japanese representatives is so cute. But the most beautiful is Vietnam’s representative!!”

I rolled my eyes. I clenched my fist and pretend to punch him from behind. How come he said that to me?? As long as the way to the park, we didn’t talk. He’s busy doing whistle.

We already have arrived at park. The most surprising, he pulled my hand and then made me sat on the swing.

_______

Kyuhyun’s POV

We already arrived at the park. I pulled Yoona’s hand and she looked so surprised. I dragged her towards the swing and pushed her to sit on it.

I stood right in front of her. I folded my arms. I could see how confuse she is and it made her cuter.

“Yoona. I will tell you a story. But you have to promise, before I finish tell this, don’t interrupt me!!”

“What story are you gonna tell?”

“Just listen! But remember, don’t say anything, even just a word! Understand?”

“I understand, Cho Kyuhyun Seonsaengnim!!” She chuckled.

I cleared my throat. Then I forced myself to dare look at her doe-eyes.

“When the first time I saw you…..”

“You mean in that male restroom?”

“Yoona, I told you to not say anything before I finish!” Somehow she made me a little piss off.

“Oh okay okay, sorry!”

I took my deep breathly again. “When I first saw you, not in that restroom like you thought, actually I first saw you in your first day as a freshman in our high school. You didn’t notice me at that time. I was standing in front of the window in my class and looking at the basketball field. Then you were there, walked alone.”

I smiled when I remembered this. “The impression of you that I caught at that time is you’re so cute, lovely, and charming. And I had a lot of questions on my mind. Who is she? What’s her name? What class she belongs to? And many more. In short I wanted to know you more. After that, you’re so eye catching. Everywhere you went, you’re so easy for me to be found. Because you're so stunning.”

I paused for a moment. I glanced to Yoona. And she looked surprised. I continued what I’m gonna say. “And then…finally we talked! And yes, in that male rest room! Your loudy voice, your arguments, your confident really surprised me. I thought you’re a cool type, but you definitely  a talkative one. But it made you looked more attractive for me. Then I found out, you also in choir club. I teased you, I argued with you, I made you piss off, because it’s the only way I could do to get closer to you and had a reason to talk to you.”

I sighed and I look at somewhere. “Until I knew, you like Siwon sunbae. I didn’t really understand what I feel at that time, but I thought I was little disappointed when I knew this. But I realized, who doesn’t like Siwon sunbae? So, I offered you a help to get close to him, so that I could be your friend. And I made it. We’re being friends. And I have to admit, I’m so lucky to have a very good friend like you. I promised myself I will be your best friend forever.”

I turned to look at her again. She still looked serious. I couldn’t read what’s written oh her face.

“When I went into college, I met Yuri. The first time I saw her, I thought I saw you. In a glance, her face and yours are look alike. I was so surprised. After I got closer to her, it’s not only your faces, but her dork, her clumsy, her funny side, those all really like yours. Maybe that’s why, I thought I like her. Day by day, I knew, I just thought that I like her because I saw you in her. But I know, she’s Kwon Yuri not Im Yoona! Your face and your attitude maybe same with her, but what I feel for you two are not the same. You and Yuri are my friends, but chemistry in our friendship is much stronger than my friendship with her”

I saw Yoona bit her lower lips. She looked wandered around and not looked at me again.

“I always tell you to wait for your miracle to be recognized by Siwon sunbae. I swear, I really wanted you to get closer to him, because sometimes I felt you’re so pitiful when you were fangirling over him from a far. But when you finally got that miracle, I regretted what I said. I supposed to be happy seeing you got closer to your prince charming, yeah maybe I was happy but deep inside my heart, I was so hurt. Everytime I saw you with him, that’s the moment I figured out that my feeling for you never ends. Moreover I noticed that Donghae started had a crush towards you too. It made me uneasey. I realized how stupid I was. I hid my real feeling for you for all of this time. I even thought I deserved to get best actor award because I successfully fooled everyone and my heart.”

I chuckled to myself. Chuckled for how stupid I was.

“You still remember the day after I kissed you? Actually, I wanted you to know what I feel, but unfortunately I came in wrong time. I saw you with Siwon sunbae. And made me think that I definitely lost! That’s why, I told you something different with what I really felt. After that, I have planned to distant myself from you little by little. But I failed. When I got text from you, to meet you and Sooyoung, I didn’t think twice, I went straightly because I missed you so much. And thanks God, I got that news, that you declined Siwon sunbae.”

Smiled curved on my face as I remember the good news that told by Sooyoung in that fast food resto. Remembered, how happy I was at that time

“I took that as my chanche. A chance to not being stupid anymore. A chance to not wast time anymore. Just for you know, everynight before I went to sleep when I was in Jeju, I always think of you. I always think the way how I utter this feeling for you.”

I looked at Yoona deeply. She looked at me back with her doe-eyes that I adore since the first time I saw them.

“And now, here I am, right in front of you, I want you to know that……. I love you, Yoona!”

______

 

Author’s POV

“And now, here I am, right in front of you, I want you to know that……. I love you, Yoona!”

Kyuhyun and Yoona locked gazed. Suddenly Yoona covered her face with her both hands and started to sob. Kyuhyun, who doesn’t know why Yoona cried, kneeled down in front of Yoona so that he could face her.

Kyuhyun afraid that Yoona cried because she didn’t like what he just said. He poked Yoona’s shoulder. “Yoona, I’m sorry. If you don’t like what I said, just pretend I never said that!”

Magic. Yoona stopped crying then looked at Kyuhyun distinctly. “What? After you told me that you love me, you asked me to forget it?”

“So why did you cry?”

Yoona punched Kyuhyun’s chest and made Kyuhyun confused. “Don’t you know how happy I am everytime when you’re with me? Don’t you know how I always think about you everytime I was with Siwon sunbae? Don’t you know how jealous I was, seeing you with Yuri? Don’t you know how you hurt me when you said you kissed me without any purpose? Don’t you know I declined Siwon sunbae because of you, huh?”

Yoona stopped punching Kyuhyun’s chest after uttering what made her heart heavy then wiped her tears. “I cried because you also feel what I feel!”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes. “Yoona…. Do you love me too?”

“You stupid, Kyuhyun! Isn’t it obvious?”

"Since when you love me?"

"I don't know exactly, but all I know, I don't want lose you!"

They locked gaze like they could read each other mind. Kyuhyun grinned. He pulled Yoona closer to him and hugged her tightly. He buried his face on Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona hugged Kyuhyun back. She put her chin on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. They hugging for a while.

“Kyuhyun….”

“Hm?”

“So what are we now?”

Kyuhyun realeased his hug to face Yoona. “What do you mean?”

“Are we….dating now?” Yoona asked carefully.

Kyuhyun scratched his head. “I think so!”

“But you haven’t asked me out yet!”

“For what? I said I love you and you love me too. It’s more than enough right?”

Yoona pushed Kyuhyun and made him fell on the ground. Yoona stood up from the swing with hands on her waist.

"Yaa~~ what did you do huh?" Kyuhyun cried out.

“How come you’re not romantic at all like this?”

Kyuhyun stood up too. “I talked a lot and you still think that I’m not romantic? Well it’s up to you then.”

“But you have to ask me out so we become official..couple!”

“That’s so lame, Yoona!”

Yoona sighed. “So, you don't want to ask me? Okay,  I’ll ask you then!”

“Eh?” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“Cho Kyuhyun, would you be my boyfriend?”

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona in disbelief. But then he burst of laughter and successfully made Yoona pissed off.

Yoona walked towards Kyuhyun and punched his chest again. “How dare you!!! I’m so serious and you just laughed?”

Yoona wanted to punch Kyuhyun again, but Kyuhyun caught her fist and pulled Yoona’s body. He hugged Yoona again, tighter than before.

Kyuhyun whispered to Yoona’s ear. “Though, you don’t ask me, I’ll still be your boyfriend. I’ll be a good boyfriend only for Im Yoona!”

Yoona smiled hearing Kyuhyun’s words. She poked Kyuhyun’s back before hugged him. She realized how she loves when Kyuhyun hugs her. Yoona’s eyes wandered around until she looked at the sky.

“Kyuhyun look!!!” She realeased her hug and pointed at the sky.

Kyuhyun lifted his face up to look at the sky. He saw so many stars in the sky.

“The stars are so shining!!!” Yoona giggled happily.

“Not really. You are more shining!!!”

“Ehhh…so cheesy!” Yoona punched Kyuhyun’s arm softly.

Kyuhyun smiled then held Yoona’s hand. They clasped their fingers while exchanging sheepishly smiles.

They looked back to the shining stars in the sky that seem so happy for Kyuhyun and Yoona.