The Invitations

The Boys

Author’s POV

Yoona was in the middle of lecture. She’s so boring to death. She could feel how her classmates are triying not to fall asleep, especially Sooyoung who was beside her.

Yoona felt something vibrated inside her bag, it signed there was a message received. She glanced to her lecturer to make sure that he didn’t look at her. She took her bag and placed it on her lap. She grabbed her phone inside it to read the message.

 

From: Siwon Sunbae ^^

Have you finished your class, Yoona?

 

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows.’Why did Siwon sunbae text me like this?’. Yoona looked at to his lecturer to make sure he didn’t notice what she’s doing, luckily his lecture was so busy write on whiteboard. She started to reply Siwon’s message.

 

To: Siwon Sunbae ^^

My class wil be finished in 30 minutes. Why, Sunbae?

 

Message has been sent. But Yoona didn’t get a reply after her class was finished.

Sooyoung stretched her body and yawned.

“Yoona, let’s go to library now!”

Yoona nodded. She and Sooyoung have decided before to go to the library to search some materials for their group assignment.

Yoona and Sooyoung were walking to go outside, when Sooyoung noticed someone who’s standing outside their class.

Sooyoung whispered to Yoona. “Yoona, your prince is here!!!”

Yoona knew what Sooyoung means, Siwon’s standing there and smiled to them. Seemed like he’s waiting for those girls.

“Hi girls!!!” Siwon said and gave a bonus, his dimples.

“Hi Sunbae!” Both Siwon’s hoobae bowed their head towards him.

“Sunbae, why are you here?” Yoona asked.

“I wanna invite you to have some drinks.” Siwon answered.

“Oh? But we will go to library………”

Sooyoung cut Yoona’s words, while holding Yoona’s arm tightly. “What do you mean by ‘we’, Yoona? I’m the one who’ll go to library. You don’t have to accompany me. Moreover you said you’re thirsty, right?”

Yoona looked at Sooyoung confusedly. But Sooyoung pinched Yoona’s back to make Yoona could understand with the current situation.

“So do you want to go to cafeteria with me?” Siwon looked at Yoona.

Yoona didn’t have any choice but nodded.

“Okay Yoona, I’ll be going to library!”  Sooyoung smiled excitedly.

“You don’t want to join us?” Siwon asked to Sooyoung.

“No. I have something to do in library. Bye Sunbae, please take care of her. Bye Yoona!” Sooyoung winked to Yoona then walked happily.

Siwon and Yoona then walked together to cafeteria while talked about Yoona’s class just now. When they’ve arrived, they decided to sit in the corner, just like they did in Handel & Gretel before.

“What do you want to drink, Yoona?” Siwon asked politely.

“Em…I want orange juice!”

“You don’t want to have a meal? French fries or hamburger maybe?”

“French fries sounds good. Then what do you want, Sunbae? Let me order!”

Yoona was about to stand up, but Siwon stopped her.

“No, you have to sit here! I’ll order for you and mine. Please wait” Siwon then stood up and went to order.

Yoona looked at Siwon from behind. She smiled and felt lucky because Siwon is so gentle. He reminds her of Kyuhyun who always refuse if she offers to order or pay, of course not in case as Yoona’s treat.

When Siwon came back, he brought a tray with a cup of orange juice, a cup of cola, hamburger, and French fries on it.

Yoona then took her orange juice and French fries. “Thank you, Sunbae!”

“You’re welcome. Please enjoy it!!!”

Yoona was eating her fries when she felt Siwon is staring at her. “What’s wrong, Sunbae?”

Siwon smiled. “Nothing. By the way, have you watched Jang Dong Gun’s new movie?”

Yoona shook her head. “Not yet. But my friends told me it’s so great. I read the reviews on internet are good too. So have you watched?”

“I haven’t watched it too yet. That’s why I invite you to watch it tonight!”

Yoona startled. She looked at Siwon who’s smiling. “Tonight?”

“Yes tonight. You have another plan?”

“Ohhh……no!” Yoona shook her head.

“So will you watch it with me?”

Yoona smiled. “Yes, Sunbae!”

“Good then!” Siwon smiled widely then gulped his cola.

They both stopped smiling, when someone came and interrupted them. It’s Onew.

“Yoona! Why are you here?” Onew stood beside their table. His voice was in high tone.

Yoona looked away. As always this-Onew makes her piss off. “Aissshhh…don’t you see I’m eating and drinking now?”

“I mean, why are you with him?” Onew turned to look at Siwon.

Onew gave Siwon a death glare. Besides, Siwon look at Onew distinctly with a mischiveous smile. Yoona felt something’s wrong happened.

“Onew, seriously! What are you doing, huh? You even talked to your sunbae informally!!” Yoona raised her voice.

“Whatever!” Onew looked at Yoona. “By the way Yoona. Let’s watch Jang Dong Gun’s new movie tomorrow!” Onew back to his sweet face and eyesmile towards Yoona.

“What?” Yoona surprised. Somehow, she couldn’t believe there were two boys who invited her to watch a movie only in few minutes.

Siwon cleared his throat. “I’m so sorry! But Yoona will see that movie with me tonight!” Siwon said politely.

“What? Yoona, is it true?” Onew sounded angry.

Yoona sighed. She thought maybe it’s the best time to make Onew stop to like her. “Yes Onew! It’s true!”

Onew hit the table. Yoona opened but she tried to hold her anger. Siwon, unexpectedly looked so calm with the victory smile on his handsome face. Onew then leaved the two and went outside cafeteria in a hurry.

Yoona sighed again then gulped her orange juice. “He’s crazy!” Yoona said, more like talked to herself.

“You have a relationship with him?” Siwons asked carefully

“No way!!!”

Siwon giggled. “He’s surely love you so much!!”

“But I don’t love him! Ahhh Sunbae, I’m sorry to make that trouble before!”

“It’s not your fault! Let’s not to talk about him again. Can we?” Siwon winked which made Yoona chuckled. “So Yoona, may I fetch you tonight?”

Yoona stopped eating her french-fries. Thinking. She shouldn’t refuse for the second time. She remembered what Kyuhyun said to her when they have quarreled, she should stop acting childish. “Em…yes. What time will you fetch me?”

“5PM!!!” Siwon said wit the joy over his face.

Yoona just nodded to say okay. She started to eat again.

“Ah Yoona, I met Kyuhyun yesterday in Olympic Stadium!” Siwon suddenly talked about Kyuhyun.

“Really? What did he do there? Played basketball again?” Yoona asked back with excited tone.

“I don’t think so. I think he just made a sightseeing there. He’s with a friend named Yuri!”

Yoona became motionless. Her excitement disappeared. “Yuri?”

Siwon bite his hamburger while nodded. “Is she his girlfriend? They looked so close!”

“Ahh…… I don’t know!!” Yoona forced a smile.

Siwon shrugged his shoulders then continued bite his burger. Yoona gulped her orange juice till run out. Then she just messed her remain french-fries. Suddenly her appetite is gone.

 

***

 

Around 3 PM in Kona Beans Café, Apgujung

 

Kyuhyun was sitting in one of the tables with Yuri. They’re waiting for Donghae who’s talking to café’s manager. Not a long time, Donghae came to his bestfriends with a wide smile. He sat beside them.

“How do you guys think about this place?” Donghae asked for opinion.

“This place is amazing. Your party’s surely gonna be awesome!” Yuri gave her thumb up.

“I still didn’t get it, why are you suddenly decided to make a birthday party?” Kyuhyun asked.

Donghae laughed. “I got a lot of money from my grandpa last week. So yes, I used some of them to hold this party and to treat my friends. Am I so kind right?”

Yuri sighed. “Aissshhh….anyway what gift do you want?”

“Kwon Yuri, you don’t have to give me anything! Just come, enjoy the party, it will make me happy! I even already talked to all our friends to not bring anything tomorrow!!” Donghae smiled proudly.

“That’s the real the kindness of you!!!” Kyuhyun said that made Yuri laughs.

“Hey Kyuhyun, please invite Yoona to come too!! Please!!!” Donghae showed his puppy eyes.

“Wooohooooo….” Yuri teased Donghae.

Kyuhyun looked at Donghae. “It’s your party. Why don’t you invite her by yourself?”

“Then give me her number!” Donghae smiled.

Kyuhyun sighed. He offered his phone to Donghae. Donghae took Kyuhyun’s phone happily. He went to Kyuhyun’s phonebook to search Yoona’s number.

“Where is her number, huh?” Donghae asked confusedly, still focus on Kyuhyun’s phone.

“Just search Weirdo Yoona!” Kyuhyun answered then gulped his rice wine.

“Weirdo Yoona??” Donghae and Yuri asked at the same time.

Kyuhyun made glanced to his friends who were looking at him. “Yup…because she’s definitely a weird girl” Kyuhyun said flatly.

“Whatever!” Donghae finally found Yoona’s number and copied it to his phone.

Donghae’s about to call Yoona, but suddenly he took breath deeply. “Why am I nervous?”

Yuri laughed. “Aigooo since when the playboy Donghae becomes nervous toward a girl?”

Donghae laughed too! “You’re right! I’ll show the charisma of Lee Donghae!” Donghae said and made Kyuhyun patted his head.

Donghae then called Yoona. Yuri and Kyuhyun payed attention to him. When his call is connected, he made it into loudspeaker so that his friends could hear his conversation.

Then a soft voice was being heard on Donghae’s phone. “Hello!

Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. He’s surprised with her voice, because it’s not sooooo Yoona. It sounds different with when he calls her.

Donghae smiled widely. “Hello! Is it Yoona?”

Yes. Who is it?” Yoona said, still in soft tone, that made Kyuhyun wanna laugh.

“I’m Donghae. Remember me?” Donghae chuckled.

Oh Donghae oppa, annyeonghaseyo! Of course I remember you!!!”

Donghae giggled. “what are you doing now? Am I bothering you?”

Oh no, Oppa. I’ve just arrived at home!”

“Anyway Yoona, I call you because I want to invite you to come to my birthday party tomorrow!”

Tomorrow is your birthday?” Now Yoona’s voice not sound soft anymore

“Yess…”

Advance happy birthday then!” Yoona chuckled.

Donghae laughed. “Thank you. But, can you come tomorrow right? Don’t worry, Kyuhyun surely will come too”

Em…what time, Oppa?

“it will be started around 7PM. In Kona Beans Café, Apgujung. So how? Can you?” Donghae is expecting. Yuri and Kyuhyun are waiting for Yoona’s answer too.

I think I can!!!”

Donghae punched the air to express his joy. Yuri just giggled seeing her friend.

“Thank you Yoona. I’ll wait for you. Remember don’t bring anything! Just come, okay?” Donghae said.

Yoona giggled. “Are you sure? Okay then.. but wait oppa, may I come with my friend?”

“Sure, you can bring all of your family, your neighbors, or all the people in your campus!!!” Donghae uttered excitedly.

Yuri closed to hide her laughter. Besides, Kyuhyun looked at Donghae is disbelief then said softly  “Aisshhh what a cheesy!!!”

Yoona’s giggle on the phone. “You’re too much, Oppa! Okay see you tomorrow then!”

“Right, I wait for you! Thank you, Yoona! See you~” Donghae hung up the phone then laughed. “She’ll come!!”

“Aisshhhh….someone is crazy! Hey Kyuhyun, do you willing your friend will be seduced by Donghae?” Yuri said still look at Donghae.

“What? Kwon Yuri, what did you mean with ‘seduce’ huh?” Donghae acted getting mad.

Kyuhyun just smirked seeing his friends  who's teasing each other.