Bestfriend Forever

The Boys

Author’s POV

The Dongguk University’s choir team had break time. All of them got special lunch box. Yoona and Sooyoung were sitting face each other. Sooyoung ate her lunch like there’s no tomorrow while sometimes made glance to Yoona, who only looked at her lunch and messed it with the chopsticks.

“Yoona, are you okay? Something bad happened?” Sooyoung asked while full with egg roll.

Yoona didn’t look at Sooyoung. She only shook her head weakly.

“Are you still feel sad after got scold from Young Jin sonsaengnim because you late?”

Yoona sighed. “No. I’m okay!” Yoona put the chopstick on the table and leaned her back on the chair. Her eyes still at her meals, but Sooyoung knew Yoona’s mind not in it.

Sooyoung put her chopsticks on the table too a little harshly. “If you’re okay, why are you so gloomy and have no spirit at all like this? Just tell me, what’s wrong?”

“I…have quarreled with Kyuhyun this morning…” Yoona uttered. Her face looked more frustrated.

“Really? I know you and Kyuhyun always argue about this or that. But  is it serious?”

Yoona closed her face for a moment then breathe deeply. “It’s all my fault. I scolded him without any reasons. I didn’t trust him. And now….he’s mad at me!” Her voice cracked, seemed like she held to not cry.

Sooyoung could see the tears in Yoona’s eyes that will fall. She moved into Yoona’s side and her back. “Calm down, Yoona!! I believe Kyuhyun regrets too right now!!”

“How do you know?”

“Well..if I got mad to my bestfriend, I’d just mad at that moment. After that, I surely will regret it!”

“It’s you. You’re not Kyuhyun!”

“But I’m your bestfriend too just like him. And look at yourself now! You regretted  what have you done to him, right?”

Yoona looked at Sooyoung. “Yess....”

“Why don’t you call or text him to apologize?”

Yoona shook her head lightly. “I’m…afraid!”

Sooyoung sighed. “Okay..maybe both of you need some time to realize your each mistakes!” Sooyoung held Yoona’s hand. “But don’t worry, if you are true friends, everything will be back to normal! So please, cheer up now, Yoona!!! You made the alto voice team seemed glomy too!!!”

Yoona chuckled. Sooyoung smiled secretly, she glad Yoona looked better now.

Yoona hugged Sooyoung. “Thank you, Sooyoung! I’m lucky to have a friend like you”

Sooyoung hugged Yoona back. “That’s what friends are for! Fighting, Girl!!”

 

***

 

8 PM

 

Yoona and Sooyoung just finished their practice. Yoona clinged on to Sooyoung’s arm. They walked to go outside campus area.

“Are you okay to go home alone?” Sooyoung worried because she knows Yoona rarely goes outside at night by herself.

Yoona just nodded. Sooyoung could feel Yoona’s sadness.

“Omo~” Sooyoung suddenly gasped after she looked straight. Yoona glanced to Sooyoung then followed what Sooyoung’s looking at. Yoona widened her eyes, she didn’t believe what she’s seeing. Kyuhyun was there, standing and leaning on his car’s door. It made Yoona’s heart beats faster.

“Yoona, he’s coming!!!” Sooyoung said cheerfully. “But wait, is that his car?” As usual, people who's just seen Kyuhyun's car for the first time will be amazed. Just like Sooyoung.

Kyuhyun noticed Yoona and Sooyoung have finally out from their campus. He walked towards those girls. Sooyoung waved and smiled to Kyuhyun. But Yoona didn’t know what she should do, she just could feel her heart beats faster & faster.

“Annyeonghaseyo Kyuhyun sunbae!!” Sooyoung greeted Kyuhyun and bowed to him. Somehow Sooyoung still don’t get close to Kyuhyun that’s why she uses honorific to him. But the way she greeted just now seemed different. Usually she would greet Kyuhyun coldly, but now she’s just greeted him cheerfully. Sooyoung felt Kyuhyun was so gentle tonight because he came for Yoona.

Kyuhyun bowed a little to Sooyoung then glanced to Yoona.

“You came to fetch Yoona?” Sooyoung asked excitedly.

“Yups..” Kyuhyun nodded lightly.

Sooyoung clapped her hands. “Good then. I’m afraid if she has to go home alone. Yoona, see you. You should have a rest tonight so we can fight for tomorrow!! Kyuhyun sunbae, I’ll be going. Please take care of her!! Bye all…..” Sooyoung then run to bus stop.

And now…just the two of Yoona and Kyuhyun. Yoona felt her heart will burst out. She bit her lower lip and looked at the ground, she couldn’t make a gaze to Kyuhyun.

“Yoona, let’s go home!” Kyuhyun said.

Yoona lifted up her head slowly. She braves herself to face Kyuhyun. “Are you….not….mad at me any-more?”

Kyuhyun felt more regretful seeing Yoona like this. He grabbed Yoona’s hand. “If I’m still mad at you, I won’t stand in front of you right now!!”

Kyuhyun gave Yoona a wide smile. And just by seeing that smile, Yoona felt all her worries, her sadness, and her fears fly away. Yoona smiled back to Kyuhyun.

“Let’s go!” Kyuhyun pulled Yoona’s hand.

Yoona followed Kyuhyun’s step. And they clasped their hands. Yoona glanced to their hands, she couldn't describe how happy herself is.

 

***

 

As long as the way to Yoona’s house, they kept silent. It’s not because they don’t know what to say. But they feel more comfortable like that. Sometimes they looked each other and exchanged smiles. They felt that was so cheesy but funny.

15 minutes later. They arrived in Yoona’s house. Yoona still sat on Kyuhyun’s car. Both of them seemed want to talk, but don’t know how to start.

Then….

“Sorry…” Yoona and Kyuhyun said same word at the same time.

They both looked each other then chuckled because of their awkwardness.

“Aisshhh…. Why we are like this. It’s so awkward! Okay Yoona, I’m so sorry, I have gotten mad at you this morning. I should’ve not to say something stupid like that. Please forgive me!!!”

Yoona shook her head lightly. “No, Kyuhyun. You didn’t wrong. If I were you, I’ll do the same thing. I was too harsh to you. I’ve spoken without thinking first. I’m sorry!”

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’ve already forgiven you. And please…let’s pretend that there was no happened today!”

Yoona nodded happily. “That’s all I wanted to say. But hey, how did you know that I have practiced at campus?”

“I went to your house before, your omma said you were practicing. So glad, I haven’t had to wait too long! You have competition tomorrow?”

“Yes. Seoul Choir Competition. Pray for my victory, please!” Yoona showed her doe-eye.

“Okay..eventhough I’m not sure you’ll win!!!

“Yaaa… Kyuhyun!!!!” Yoona pouted.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I have something for you!” Kyuhyun took something from his back seat. A little pink gift. He gave it to Yoona.

 

 

Yoona accepted the pink gift from Kyuhyun. “Wow…what is it?” Yoona can’t hide their happiness.

“Don’t open here!!!!” Kyuhyun stopped Yoona who’s about to open the gift.

“Alright… Thanks for fetching me and for this!!” Yoona showed the gift.

“You should sleep well so you can fit tomorrow!”

“I will… Bye Kyuhyun.. Please drive home carefully!!”

Yoona got off Kyuhyun’s car. She kept standing until Kyuhyun’s car out of her sight.

Yoona hurriedly run to her house.

“Oh..Yoona you come! Have you had your dinner?” Yoona’s omma said from the living room.

“Yes I have, Omma!!!” Yoona yelled and kept running to her bedroom.

When she’s already arrived to her room, she locked the door. She sat on the edge of her bed. She opened the gift carefully. She took something inside it. A phone chain. A little pink deer.

 

 

Yoona chuckled. “OMO~ How cute!!!”

Yoona noticed there's other  thing inside the gift. A card.

With thump heart, she started to read what Kyuhyun has written.

 

Even though we argued
We should still laugh and hug, embrace each other
Alright. Let’s make a promise
You are my best friend
Even if your worry may seem trivial
Don’t hold it in
But share it with each other. Promise me one more time
When you laugh, I’m happy too
When you’re sad, I'm even sadder
There is only one of you in this world
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I’ll be your strength
I’ll always by your best friend


Yoona, I’m sorry ^^

 

 

Yoona smiled widely. She's very touched with Kyuhyun's little gift and with what's written on the card.

Yoona took her phone. She put the deer phone chain on it. Then she texted Kyuhyun.

 

To: Evil Kyuhyun

Kyuhyun..have you arrived at home? I have read your card or maybe your poem? why are you suddenly become so sweet? ^^ Btw I love the deer sooooooo much~ Thank you, Kyuhyun!!! Thanks Thanks Thanks…. ^^~*

 

10 minutes later. A beep came from Yoona’s phone. A message.

 

From: Evil Kyuhyun

I’ve just arrived. You're so pitiful coz you’ve just known that I’m so sweet!! Well… Take a rest! I wait for good news about your victory tomorrow (but I’m still not sure :p ) Goodnite Yoona! ^^

 

Yoona lied on her bed. She lifted her phone so she could look at her cute phone chain. Yoona  took the card, read it over and over again until she’s fallen asleep.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun's letter is the translation of SNSD - My Bestfriend (with a little modification) ^^