Night Coversation

The Boys

Author’s POV

Yoona stared at her phone. Her heart trembled. Her hands shaken. Yoona realized one more. She’s always been happy everytime ‘Evil Kyuhyun’ appeared on her screen phone. But tonight Kyuhyun’s call seemed so different.

Finally, Yoona picked the call. “Hello.” Yoona spoke, softly.

Is that really you, Im Yoona?”

 “Huh? What do you mean?” Yoona furrowed her eyebrows and she heard Kyuhyun’s chuckle.

It was the first time you didn’t yell when you picked my call.”

“Psh…you really mean!!” Yoona raised her voice.

Nah..This is the real Im Yoona that I know!!” Kyuhyun chuckled again.

Yoona smiled secretly. “Whatever. So why do you call me?”

Em…I call you because I’m afraid.”

“Afraid? Afraid of what?” Yoona’s voice sounds worry.

I’m afraid you’ll be missing me for next two weeks if I don’t call you right now!”

Yoona’s mouth was opened. She could hear how loud Kyuhyun’s evil laugh. How confidence he is. But despite of Kyuhyun was kidding or not, he’s right about Yoona who’ll be missing him.. Although right now, Yoona has already missed him.

“Kyuhyun, are you sleeping while call me? Because I think you’re dreaming!” Yoona stucked her tongue, made an attack to start arguing battle.

No, I’m totally awake.”

“Then you’re the one who’s afraid. You’ll be missing me right?” Yoona .

Maybe yes. Maybe no!”

“Ehhh…can’t you just say yes, huh? Admit it, Kyuhyun! Who doesn’t miss Im Yoona you know?”

Maybe I’ll miss your funny side. But I’m surely won’t miss when you’re nagging like a grandma!”

“Yaaa…what do you say? Grandma??” Yoona pretended to get piss off.

Yes, Grandma!!! Don’t you hear it?” Kyuhyun emphasized the ‘grandma’

“You’re so annoying!!!”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Hey Yoona, now I believe more that you’re weird.”

“What about it again? So you think I’m a weird grandma?”

You’re the one who said that!” Kyuhyun laughed, but he stopped his laughter. “You’re weird. Why did you decline Siwon sunbae?”

Yoona left speechless. Their conversation went into serious mode.

Don’t you really adore him? It’s so unbelievable knowing that you declined him in the end. May I know why suddenly you changed your mind?”

Kyuhyun asked his question carefully. Yoona thought the best words to answer it. Should she tell him that she just realized that she loves another boy? But Yoona shook his head, it has the same meaning with she confessed.

“When finally I talked to Siwon sunbae, I was super happy at that time. But when we got closer, everything became strange. I still felt my heart beat faster everywhere I near him, but it’s so awkward. I don’t feel comfortable and seemed like I can’t be the real Yoona when I’m with him.”

Ahhh.. I understand!”

Yoona little disappointed with Kyuhyun’s response. “You understand? Is that what you feel when you’re with Yuri?”

No, I never feel awkward with Yuri. Did I tell you I just consider Yuri as my friend not as a girl that I should win her heart?”

“Oh..so it’s that mean you have a girl that you want to get her heart?”

Maybe yes. Maybe no!”

Yoona sighed. “You really a complicated person. What kind of answer is that?”

And why are you suddenly curious about that?”

“Ah? It’s it’s…because..I just want to know. Because you are so mysterious about love. Hey, are you gay?” Yoona chuckled, while changing topic.

Talk to my hand, Yoona!”

“I can’t see your hand. How can I talk to it?” Yoona felt satisfied she’s just made Kyuhyun pissed off.

You want to see my hand? Or you want to see my face?” Kyuhyun teased.

“Psh..No, I don’t want to see your face! I will have nightmare if I see it right now!”

Yahhh..how come my angelic face will give you a nightmare?”

Yoona laughed after hearing Kyuhyun’s joke. “I can’t take your silly joke anymore!”

It’s not joking Yoona. It’s a fact! Don’t deny it!”

“Whatever you want! Hey..buy me something from Jeju!”

What? You think I go there for holiday?”

“Yaaa…don’t say that you’ll go there only for conference? I think the foreign representatives also want to know how beautiful our Jeju!”

I’m not promise!”

“You’re stingy! Oh right, I still couldn’t understand why your university chose you as their representative? Are you the only one?”

Heyyy..are you doubting me again? What else if not because how smart I am?! We have three representatives, the other two are girls! Beautiful girls exactly, I’m so lucky right?”

Yoona pouted, she didn’t understand why Kyuhyun told about their colleagues. “I don’t ask about that!”

I just want you to know! Can’t wait to meet the foreign students, I hope I can meet beautiful girls from other countries!” Kyuhyun giggled.

“Like they will like you when they see you!”

Of course they will. Who won’t say no to charismatic and smart Cho Kyuhyun who has angelic face?”

He’s right. Only the crazy girls who will say no to Kyuhyun. Thinking about that made Yoona pissed off. “But you are the evil one!”

That’s one of my charms!”

Yoona confused what more to say to defeat Kyuhyun. “Keep dreaming then, Cho Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun burst of laughter. “Don’t be jealous, Yoona. Are you afraid that those girls will fall for me?”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “What? Who said I’m jealous? And how can you be so confident they will fall in love with you?”

My intuition! My intuition always right. It’s also right when I said you’ll be Siwon sunbae’s girl. But too bad you declined him.”

“Ahh about that I still can’t believe that Siwon sunbae likes me.” Yoona giggled.

Kyuhyun sighed. “I also can’t believe why so many boys like you!”

Yoona blinked her eyes. “So are there other boys who like me? Whooooo?” Yoona asked excitedly. Deep inside her heart she wanted Kyuhyun will say that the other boy who likes her is him.

That Onew who’s once you told me. Does he still like you?”

Yoona was very disappointed again with Kyuhyun’s answer. “I don’t know!” Yoona answered lazily. “Hey..what time you go to Jeju tomorrow?”

6 AM!”

“Eh? That’s so early! Have you packed your luggage? You have to take a rest now! So you won’t be tired tomorrow!”

My luggage is ready. Look, you sound like my real grandma!”

“Pshhh~~~ stop being annoying, Kyuhyun! You really have to take a rest now you know?”

Is that so? Okay then hang up your phone now!”

“But it’s your call, so you have to end the connection first!”

But you’re the one who suggested me to take a rest!”

“Ahhh..okay let’s hang up together. I count to three. How?”

You’re so weird. But okay. Goodbye then Yoona. See you.”

“See you Kyuhyun. After three, hang up your phone. One…. Two…. Three!”

 

………………………………………………..

 

Yoona?”

“Yaaa why you haven’t hung up?”

You haven’t too!”

Kyuhyun and Yoona laughed together, seeing how they still didn’t want to hang up the phone.

“Emm..Kyuhyun, I forget to say! Take care of yourself in Jeju! And have fun there. And one more thing, please call me when you come back to Seoul!”

Okay…you’re the first person I call after I get back, Grandma!” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Yaaa….don’t start again!” Yoona pouted.

Yoona, it’s time for me to sleep! Take care of yourself too!”

“I will, don’t worry!”

Yoona!”

“What?”

Kyuhyun paused for a moment. “Emm..Nothing. Goodnite Yoona. See you again two weeks later. Bye!”

“Goodnite, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun hung up his call for real. And successfully made Yoona smiled brightly. At least Kyuhyun didn’t forget to say goodbye to her.

A message tone beeped from her phone. A message from ‘Evil Kyuhyun’

 

From: Evil Kyuhyun

I give you the cutest of my angelic selca. You can see this pic everytime you miss me :p

 

Yoona burst of laughter. “You’re so crazy, Kyuhyun!!!”. Yoona started to reply Kyuhyun’s message.

 

To: Evil Kyuhyun

Yaaa…is that what you called angelic face? This is the real angel! Just by seeing this pic, you will have the most beautiful dream ever. And remember this angel face when you feel lonely in Jeju! Keke~ Sleep now, Kyuhyun!! Have a nice dream Kyuuuuuuu~~~

 

Yoona really looked like a crazy girl. Can’t stop smiling. Another beep on her phone. She’s so excited to read Kyuhyun’s message.

 

From: Evil Kyuhyun

So is that the real angel?! Ok I think I have to say yes, coz I don’t want my grandma nag at me again :P I’ll go to sleep now, Grandma! Ha ha ha~ You should sleep too!!! Have a nice dream of me, Yoonaaaaaaa :)

 

Yoona giggled again after reading Kyuhyun’s message.

 

To: Evil Kyuhyun

I told you don’t call me grandma! Just sleep! Don’t reply this message!!! See you in…………………….……two weeks! :P

 

Yoona can’t describe her feeling right now! This is so cheesy, but she likes it so much. She rested on her bed and looked at Kyuhyun’s picture, that called as cutest angelic face by him. But Yoona admitted that Kyuhyun looked so cute.

“I miss you already, Kyuhyun! I hope I really see you in my dream!”

Yoona set that Kyuhyun picture as lockscreen wallpaper on her phone. And before go to sleep, she prayed two weeks will be passed as fast as possible.