At Donghae's Birthday Party

The Boys

Sorry for late updating. ThanKYU for new subcribers. ThanKYU for all of you who left comments. I appreciated it. ^^


 

 

Author’s POV

The situation in Kona Beans Café that night is different. All the tables are placed on the edge of the inside room. There’s empty space in the middle, seems like this space is used as dance floor. The music is playing.

The two girls who just came at the café made sightseeing. They look confused and awkward because they don’t know anyone there. Some of people there also curious who they are.

“Where’s your friend huh?” the tallest girl asked her friend who’s dragged her here.

“I’m still looking for him…”

But the owner of the party finally saw them and run to welcome. “Yoona!!! Finally you come!!!” a beaming face and wide smile from Donghae, the birthday boy, welcoming Yoona and Sooyoung.

“Oh oppa..of course I promise you to come. Oppa..Happy Birthday!!!” Yoona shook hand with Donghae.

“Thank you Yoona”

“Ah oppa.. This is my bestfriend. Choi Sooyoung. Sooyoung, this is Donghae oppa!”

Sooyoung and Donghae shook hand. “Annyeonghaseyo Oppa. I’m Choi Sooyoung. Happy birthday!”

“I’m Lee Donghae. Ah thank you so much. Wait…are all the girls in Dongguk as beautiful as you two, huh??” Donghae teased Yoona and Sooyoung.

“Aishhh oppa… You’re too much!” Yoona giggles.

“Wait here..I’m looking for empty table for you!”

When Donghae had leave to look for table. Sooyoung grabbed Yoona’s arm and whispered. “Why didn’t you tell me that Donghae oppa is so handsome?”

“Oh why? You like him? You forget Hankyung sunbae?”

Sooyoung slapped Yoona’s arm. “What did you say? Of course Hankyung always be my number one! Moreover, I think Donghae likes you”

Yoona widened her eyes. “Sooyoung!!! You’re talking nonsense.”

“Trust me. He likes you.”

“Whatever. I don’t care!”

Sooyoung wanted to tease Yoona more but Donghae has come back and dragged the girls to the empty table. The table is full with snack, pastry, cake, and some drinks.

“So girls, you can order as much as you want. You also can dance. This is only informal party so please enjoy.” Donghae winks as he said in that table too.

“Thank you Oppa. Oh oppa..why I don’t see Kyuhyun??” Yoona said happily.

“He’s here before and now he’s fetching Yuri.” Donghae answered.

“Eh?” Suddenly, Yoona’s smile is gone.

“Oh there. Kyuhyun has come!” Donghae pointed at entrance door.

Sooyoung turned her head immediately to the direction that pointed by Donghae. While Yoona, she’s frowned first, then forced herself to see at the entrance door. She saw Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looks wander at whole room, seems like he’s looking for something. Donghae then waved his hands to make a sign for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun noticed the sign from Donghae. He smiled when he saw Donghae with Yoona and Sooyoung.

Yoona is looking at Kyuhyun with a glare which difficult to describe. Suddeny Yuri shows up behind Kyuhyun. As always, Yuri looks shining and dazzling. She clings on Kyuhyun’s arm. And by seeing that view , Yoona’s feel is dry and her eyes become hot.

Sooyoung whispered right in Yoona’s ear. “Is that girl Kyuhyun’s girlfriend?”

“I don’t know!” Yoona said in soft tone.

Kyuhyun and Yuri walked to the table where Donghae, Yoona, and Sooyoung are. Yoona looked away as soon as possible. She grabbed a glass of water and drank it in one gulped.

“Donghae… Happy Birthday!!!” Yuri said happily then she hugged Donghae.

“Thank you so much Yuri!!”

Yuri then looked at Yoona and Sooyoung. “Aigooo.. Yoona is here. Thank you for coming. Donghae’s surely glad you’re here, Yoona!”

Yoona forced her smile. “Ah unnie. This is my friend Choi Sooyoung!”

“Oh Annyeong Sooyoung. I’m Kwon Yuri. Nice to meet you!” Yuri smiled sweetly

“Ah yes unnie. Nice to meet you too!” Sooyoung said coyly. She amazed with Yuri’s sweet smile.

“Okay..I’ll look for my friends first!!” Yuri then leaved and poked Donghae.

Suddenly Donghae stood up. “You guys enjoy the party. My cousins come. I’ll go to them first.” Donghae smiled.

“Ne~ oppa!!” Sooyoung answered and took some pastries.

Kyuhyun sat on the chair where Donghae sat before. He ruffled Yoona’s hair. “Hey why didn’t you answer my call??”

Yoona kept looking at the empty glass on her hand. “We have meeting with choir team!” She said lazily.

“Then why didn’t you call me back? How you get here?” Kyuhyun asked again.

Yoona sighs then smirks secretly. She looks at Kyuhyun. “Like you cared and wanted to fetch me!” Yoona looked away again.

Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. He wants to ask Yoona more but then one of his friends call him. He sighs. “Yoona. Sooyoung. I’ll go to my friend first..”

“Ah yes sunbae..”Sooyoung anwered with mouth full with cake, besides Yoona kept silent.

“Yoona. Eat this cake. Its superb!!” Sooyoung handed Yoona a chesse cake. But Yoona put the cake back on its plate. Sooyoung looked at Yoona confusedly. “Why Yoona? Like you are not shik shin too!”

“I have no taste!!” Yoona said spacely.

“Are you sick??” Sooyoung looked worried.

“A little headache!” Yoona lied.

“Heyy are you okay? Why so sudden?”

“I’m okay don’t worry!” Yoona forced smile then sip orange juice.

The attention of the people in that café suddenly turn into a small stage near the cashier. The stage is right in front of Yoona and Sooyoung’s table, only separate with empty space that used for dance floor before. On that stage, there are music instruments such as keyboard, drum, guitar, and drum. Donghae was standing there and holding microphone. The music stopped and also chit-chat by the guests.

“Firstly.. I want to thank all of you who are here and greet me. Thank you so much friends. And I hope you enjoy this party. Because this party is dedicated to all of you!!! And there’s one of my friends who has promised to sing for me. Mr. Cho Kyuhyun come here and please sing!!!!”

A noisy came from Yoona and Sooyoung’s behind. Kyuhyun’s friends are pushing Khyuhyun to go forward to the stage. Seems like Kyuhyun doesn’t want to sing. “Ah wait?? What is this? I never made a promise?”

Kyuhyun keep nagging and his friends keep pushing him. Sooyoung laughs out loud seeing this, while Yoona can’t help but smile. Unfortunately the smile on Yoona’s face is not too long. It disappears again when she hears Yuri with her girl friends cheer for Kyuhyun. Something that Yoona wants to do right now, but she knows it would be weird because all the people here will look at her strangely.

Kyuhyun finally came to the stage even though he doesn’t want it.

“My friend Cho Kyuhyun please sing for me!!!” Donghae said and try to not laugh.

Kyuhyun gave him death glare but almost of the people yell his name. “Alright Alright. I’ll sing!”

Kyuhyun sits on the chair in front of keyboard. He presses one of the tut, then check the microphone. Yoona looks at Kyuhyun who’s right in front of her and busy check the keyboard.

When Kyuhyun feels that the keyboard and the microphone are okay, he stops for a while. Looks like he thinking what the song that he should sing. He looks at straight and he sees Yoona is looking at her without smile on her face, so flatly. It’s different with Sooyoung besides her who looks so excited to wait he sings.

Kyuhyun takes breath. “Okay… Once again happy birthday to my bestfriend Donghae. And I’ll sing your favorite song.”

Kyuhyun starts play the keyboard. He looks so serious at the tuts.

The sound of keyboard is being heard. All the people in Kona Beans pay attention for Kyuhyun. Yoona opens when she recognized what the song is.

And Kyuhyun starts sing….

Oh her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining

Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

 

“Yoona.. It’s your favorite song too right?” Sooyoung whispered in Yoona’s ear while keep looking at Kyuhyun. “I don’t know that his voice is amazing!!”

 

Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her she wont believe me

And its so, its so sad to think she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I look okay, I say

 

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing,   just the way you are

And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile

Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are

 

Yoona smiles unconsciously. The people claps for Kyuhyun.

“Yuri, you like this song right?” a girl said behind Yoona, it’s enough to be heard by Yoona. And what the girl has said makes Yoona’s face turned gloomy again.

 

Her lips, her lips I could kiss them all day if she'd let me

Her laugh, her laugh she hates but I think its so y

She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Oh you know, you know, you know Id never ask you to change

If perfect is what you're searching for, then just stay the same

So, don't even bother asking if  you look okay, you know I say

 

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing,  just the way you are

And when you smile,the whole world stops and stares for awhile

Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are

 

 

Yoona secretly made glance to Yuri. Yuri is smiling brightly and keep clapping her hands. Seems like she enjoys Kyuhyun’s performance. Yoona turns to look at Kyuhyun again ‘So you sing this song for her huh?’. Yoona suddenly stand up.

“Yoona where will you go?” Sooyoung grabbed Yoona’s arm.

“Rest room!” Yoona answered weakly and walked to rest room in a hurry.

Kyuhyun has finished his performace. All the people claps, some of them even make standing ovation. Donghae jumps to the stage and hugs Kyuhyun tightly. Kyuhyun bows as he’s a superstar who just finished his solo concert. His eyes wander in the whole room but then he furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Sooyoung is alone without Yoona besides her.

Kyuhyun down from the stage and walked towards Sooyoung’s table. “Where’s Yoona?”

“She’s in the rest room! Whoooa Kyuhyun sunbae, your voice is amazing. Why you don’t try to be a singer?” Sooyoung looked at Kyuhyun with her puppy eyes.

“Should I?” Kyuhyun just nodded. “Sooyoung, is Yonna okay?”

“She said she has headache!”

“Aah…” Kyuhyun then drank a glass of wine in one gulp.

“Whooaa Sunbae.. I don’t know too that you are good at drinking!”

“It’s just wine!” Kyuhyun smirked.

Yoona has come back from rest room. She sighs when she saw Kyuhyun at her table.

“Oh Yoona are you okay? Sooyoung said you have headache!” Kyuhyun asked in a worried tone, but Yoona only answers with her nod.

“Are you sure?” Kyuhyun asked again. He offers his hand to touch Yoona’s forehead. But before his hand touches it, Yoona already slapped his hand.

Kyuhyun surprised with Yoona’s reaction. And so did Sooyoung. Sooyoung feels Yoona’s act is really strange.

“Kyuhyun, Yoona, Sooyoung.. Let’s dance!!!” Donghae suddenly appeared.

“I won’t grant your wish again. I’m not your genie. I don’t want to dance.” Kyuhyun ignored.

Donghae pouted. “So how about you girls?”

“I’m sorry Oppa, but I think I just wanna sit!” Yoona said.

“Okay then. I dance with Yuri!”

The silence falls among Yoona, Sooyoung, and Kyuhyun. Sooyoung wants to talk but she feels something wrong happened between Yoona and Kyuhyun. For the two people who declare that they are friends for years, seems so strange seeing them ignore each other. Yoona is spacing out, not sure what she’s seeing. Kyuhyun is playing with his wine glass.

“Kyuhyun!! Let’s dance!!!” Yuri suddenly came and pulled Kyuhyun’s hand.

“Ahh no no no Yuri. I don’t wanna dance.”

“Aissshhh come on!!!” Yuri did an aegyo.

Kyuhyun sighs then he follows Yuri. They go to the dance floor. Yuri teaches Kyuhyun to dance. Kyuhyun makes funny moves which made them laugh.

“Yoona…seems like there’s something special between Kyuhyun and Yuri.” Sooyoung said.

Because Yoona didn’t answer her, Sooyoung turns to Yoona. “Hey Yoo………” Sooyoung stopped her words. She analyzed Yoona’s face. Yoona is frowned. She hides to not cry. Sooyoung followed what Yoona’s seeing. It straight to Kyuhyun and Yuri who are dancing.

Sooyoung opens then turns back look at Yoona. Yoona still kept looking at Kyuhyun and Yuri. Sooyoung nods as she realized something. Something that Yoona feels about Kyuhyun.

While in the dance floor…

“Ahhh I don’t wanna do it again Yuri. I’m done!!”

“Aisshh… Up to you!!” Yuri pouted and back to dance.

Kyuhyun back to the table where Yoona and Sooyoung are. He saw Yoona is looking down.

“Yoona.. are you okay?? Do you wanna go home?” Kyuhyun asked Yoona and her back. “I tell Donghae before!!”

Kyuhyun then run to Donghae who’s still at the dance floor. He whispered something to Donghae which made Donghae looks at Yoona. Then they walked toward the girls!

“Oh Yoona are you okay? Kyuhyun said you are sick.” Donghae asked.

“Just a little headache, Oppa!”

“Okay fine.. You should take a rest okay?” Donghae smiled.

Yoona forced a smile too. “I’m sorry Oppa. I have to go home early. Once again happy birthday! I enjoy your party!”

Donghae nods happily. “Yess thank you. And Sooyoung thanks for coming too!”

“Yes Oppa. No problem, the foods are delicious!”

Donghae chuckles. “Alright. Be careful girl. See you next time!”

“Donghae. We’ll leave first!” Kyuhyun said to Donghae.

“What? You will ride us home?” Yoona said with smirk.

Kyuhyun looks at Yoona confusedly. “Yes! And why?”

Kyuhyun and Yoona looked at each other. The fire burning in their eyes.