Step Nine

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm walking back and forth in our living room while trying to memorize all the things that Yifan taught me. I don't want to fail in front of Chanyeol's parents. I want them to see me as someone who is a good match to their overly attractive son.

"Can you please calm down noona?" Hansol said while his eyes are following me.

"Yifan-hyung said that you should be confident, right?" Taehyung added.

I nodded at them and went to the kitchen to drink some water. I'm trying to calm myself but this is too much to take in. I really like Chanyeol and I'm loving what we are right now. I don't want to ruin our status just because of my awkwardness.

While I was deep in my thoughts, my phone buzzed. I quickly grabbed it and amswered the call.

"Hello?" It's Chanyeol.

"Hi. Where are you?" I sat on a chair to calm myself.

"I'm on my way. Don't stress yourself." He chuckled on the other line. It made me calm down.

I managed to laugh. "I'm just rea-" I didn't continued when someone talked behind me.

"I told you to call me before you go!" Yifan appeared out of nowhere and I swear I feel like peeing.

I widened my eyes and covered his mouth.

"Who's that?" Chanyeol asked on the other line.

"My brother. He just arrived from school." I stuttered and Yifan removed my hand from his mouth.

He rolled his eyes at me before opening the fridge to get something to drink.

"Alright. I'll be there in twenty. Bye." He ended the call and I turned my look at Yifan who is casually drinking a soya milk.

"You act like this is your house." I sat beside him and watched him eat the pop tarts that Taehyung gave me.

"This is my house." He said and I pinched his right ear. "I'm just kidding!" He laughed and I noticed how his hair is messy.

He looks like he just woke up but still, he looks so good. If I'm not inlove with Chanyeol, I might like this idiot. Oh my! What am I even thinking?

"Why are you here? You've been kicked by a girl?" I laughed and he smiled.

"I've never been pushed away. They always chase me, she-male." I grimaced at him and he pinched my cheeks.

"Really? There must be something wrong with them." I crossed my arms. "I won't like someone who kiss and tell. I will never even lay my eyes on someone who s people, literally and emotionally." His hands that were pinching my cheeks fell on his lap.

"Yeah. Of course. I know." He smiled and continue on eating the pop tarts.

I bit my lip while frowning as I realized what I just said. That was mean.

"I didn't mean to uhm ... I'm sorry."

He looked at me and gave me a mehrong. "No need to say sorry. It's alright." He shrugged his shoulders.

I don't know what to say next. I feel like somehow, it hurt him.

"I won't like you too. I will never even lay my eyes on a she-male." He immitated my tone and it made me laugh.

Yeah right, the guy beside me is not mushy. He s and forget. He is a boy and I don't know if all the girls I've seen him with is still a after hanging out with him.

"You look happy together. I wonder why you're dating another guy yet you're this happy with that guy." Hansol pointed Yifan then crossed his arms.

I frowned at him while Yifan laughed. "I'm not happy with this guy!" I also crossed my arms.

Hansol just raised his brows then Taehyung appeared beside him. "Park Chanyeol is outside." He said and I looked at Yifan.

"I'll go now." I said and ran towards the door to prevent Chanyeol from going inside. I don't want him to see Yifan loitering around our house.

I got out and saw Chanyeol beside his red car on his phone. He turned around and eyed me from head to toe.

"Are you an angel?" I laughed at his question.

He held my hand and guide me inside his car. I sighed as I got in and quickly calm myself when he started the engine. His manly scent enveloped the car. I turned my eyes on him and noticed that he's wearing a formal attire. Glad that I wore a formal white dress.

I smiled as I saw that his hair is sleek back. He is really so attractive especially now that he lools so clean. Not that he's not clean. It's just that I'm used to seeing him wearing his jersey and sweating hard because of playing.

"Mom is so excited to see you but dad doesn't believe me." He shook his head and I pouted.

"We can't blame him. It's so sudden." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You don't have to stress yourself so much, Juhyun." He parked the car beside a famous restaurant. "Don't push yourself too hard." He added and got out to open the door for me.

I saw two body guards nodded at him and he pulled close to him and held my hand.

We got in the restaurant. "Park Chanyeol." He said and the waiter assisted us to where his parents are sitted.

My heart is rappidly beating as I saw three people turned to look at us. They stood up when we got in front of them.

"Dad, mom, hyun. This is Kang JuHyun. My girlfriend." Chanyeol announced and I just want to hide somewhere because their eyes are fixed on me.

"Good evening." I bowed down and held Chanyeol's hand tighter.

His mother smiled at me. "Have a seat." I nodded before sitting beside her and Chanyeol sat beside me.

I looked at the table and flooded my mind with the things that Yifan taught me.

"Tell me something about yourself." Mr. Park caught our attention and now their eyes are fixed on me again.

I cleared my throat before starting. "I'm Kang JuHyun. The only girl in a group of five." I smiled but they remained serious.

"And? What's the work of your parents." His dad asked.

"My father was a manager in the Wu company."

"Was? So it means it's in the past. What is he doing now? Do you have a company?" He put down his utensils and eyes me while crossing his arms.

Mrs. Park let out an awkward laugh. "Don't be too meticulous." She massaged her husband's shoulder like trying to stop him from prying me.

"Dad, you should let her eat first." The guy beside him said while laughing and I can say that he is Chanyeol's brother.

He has the same aura as Chanyeol.

"You're being harsh on her." Chanyeol frowned at his dad.

"I want to get to know the girl that my son is dating. Is that bad?" He smiled and asked me to eat.

We all ate in silence as I observed each one of them. My eyes landed at Mrs. Park who look so young with her fitted maxi dress. Her posture feels like she's a queen that's wearing her crown while eating. She whispered somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter