Step Fifteen

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This card looks expensive! You can sell this if you don't want to negotiate with Yifan." Yoona is examining the calling card that Yifan gave yesterday.

We are inside Yonsei's library, talking about what had happened yesterday.

"Aish! Yifan really believed that you were sick that's why he came." She sighed.

I shook my head. "No! He said that I'm a good liar. So it means, he knew that I'm not sick."

"He was concerned that's why he got there. But ofcourse after he saw you alive and kicking, he found out that you're faking your sickness." She laughed.

"Chanyeol also visited." I said as I get the card on her.

"Omo! So they saw each other?" She asked in anticipation.

I pinched her cheek. "Of course not! I won't let that happen and besides, Yifan is my partner in crime and we're not really friends so I think it's a bad idea for Chanyeol to see him with me. I told him to hide inside my room."

She squinted her eyes. "It looks like you're cheating but not really."

I was about to lecture her but someone talked behind me.

"What cheating are you talking about?" Yoongi interrupted and sat beside me.

He opened his bag and started bringing out his things.

"Why are you studying? Exams are not yet coming." I asked to divert his attention from what he had heard earlier.

He scratched his head. "Ah this? We will have our exams earlier than the examination week." He began opening his book.

"Why?" I asked and Yoona caught my attention when she snapped her fingers.

"Minho also mentioned that! Athletes will take their exams in advance because of the try outs for the teams of Korean Basketball League." She proudly said and took out her phone. "Minho wants to be in SK." She's now busy swiping her phone.

"I am aiming for Seoul Samsung Thunders." Yoongi turned to me so I nodded.

I want to ask him about Chanyeol but I'm shy since he might think that I should know it before hand.

"Oh? You were sick yesterday, right?" He asked and I nodded. "Glad that you're okay now. Chanyeol can't focus yesterday because he was so worried." He added before going back on reading.

My phone vibrated so I excused myself and told them that I'll just answer the call.

It's a call from Yunho oppa.

I answered it while going up the stairs. I'll go to the rooftop.

"Oppa?"

"Hyun, where are you? Do you have class?"

I stopped from walking when I heard a hint of panic on his voice.

"I don't have class. Why?"

"Dad have a heart attack. I'm on my way to Busan with mom. Jungsoo hyung is with Hansol. If your class is over, take Taehyung with you."

"Alright."

I ended the call and run to find Taehyung. We need to go as soon as possible.

My eyes are now blurry because of my tears. Aish! I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I said and was about to run again when he pulled me by my arm.

"Hyun." I looked at him. It's Chanyeol! "Hey, what's the matter?" He asked while cupping my face.

I sighed to calm myself. "Appa needs me. I need to go to Busan."

"Why? What happened?" He looks so worried.

I shook my head. "Chanyeol, I need to go now."

I gulped to stop myself from crying. I don't want him to see me weak. I should be strong. That's what he likes about me.

"We'll go. I'll come with you." He grabbed my hand and we started walking.

It made me feel at ease. Chanyeol beside me is enough to make me strong.

"Oh? Captain ball? Out for a date?" Hoya blocked our way with a playful smile plastered on his face.

"Secret. Tell Yoongi to that he's in charge today." He said with authority.

"Yoongi is in the library. He is really trying his best for the try outs next week." Hoya replied.

"No practice for this day. We gotta go." He said before pressing the alarm of his car.

Hoya waved his hands so I did the same before going inside Chanyeol's car.

When he started the engine, I suddenly remember my brother! I need to fetch Taehyung!

"Wait! I need to look for my brother." I removed the seatbelt but before I can go out, I saw Taehyung loitering around with his friends.

I ran towards them.

"Oh Taehyung! Your noona!" His friend pointed at me which made him stopped from laughing.

"Noona? Your class is over?" He asked but I shook my head.

"We need to go to Busan today. I'll tell everything to you inside the car." I grabbed his arm and dragged him with me.

We both got inside Chanyeol's car.

"What about the youngest?" He asked after I told Taehyung to wear his seatbelts.

"He's with my other brother. They're on their way." I said and he started driving.

I keep telling myself to be calm but my heart is beating so fast.

"Noona, what is really happening?" Taehyung's deep voice made me come back to my senses.

"Appa is in the hospital. Heart attack." I don't know how to put it in a sentence anymore. I'm so tensed right now that even forming a sentence is hard to do.

"Really? I hope he's okay. Who told you?" Taehyung is worried but his voice sounds stronger than mine.

"Yunho oppa called." I sighed as I felt his hand massaged my shoulder.

"Noona, just be calm. Let's be strong for appa and also for umma."

I nodded at him

"Your brother is right, Juhyun. Just keep calm." Chanyeol added.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

I heard a phone ringing but it's not mine.

"Hello?" Chanyeol's voice echoed inside the car.

"Where are you? I asked Yoongi and he said that you go out. We have a business meeting, remember?" It's his dad. Just by hearing that authoritative tone, I can confirm that it's his dad on the other line.

"Dad, I didn't forget. I'll be back on time, don't worry."

"You're with the girl, again? Because of her, you're forgetting your responsibilities!"

It made me open my eyes. It's really scary to hear his dad shouting.

"Sorry about that." He said when he noticed that I'm looking at him.

"It's okay." I smiled although I feel like a burden to him.

"I'll drop you both on the station." He looks tired.

I just nodded.

After few minutes, we arrived at the train station. I woke Taehyung up, he fell asleep on the way.

Chanyeol inisisted in buying our tickets so I let him and besides I don't know if I'll see him after this.

"Take care. I'll miss you. Make sure to come back. Come back for me." He cupped my face and I smiled.

"Stop being so cheesy. I'm not going abroad, Chanyeol. I'll just be in Busan." I said as a matter of fact.

He nodded before hugging me. "Call me when you get home."

I removed from the hug and waved my hands at him.

 


"I'll be sitting near the win-" I didn't finish my sentence because my beloved brother already took the seat that I am owning.

"Yah! Taehyung! That's my seat!" I shouted and it made the other passengers look at me. "I'm sorry." I apologized and quietly sat.

"Noona, stop fighting. You will lose anyway." He managed to tease me.

"I'm just beside you, Taehyung-ah. I can kill you!" I threatened but he just wore his earphones.

Aish! This kid! He's totality the opposite of Hansol. But atleast it's less drama with him.

I pinched his cheek and he frowned. It made me smile.

I positioned mysel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter