Step Twenty-Three

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I keep all my things inside my bag as soon as the group leader announced that our project is done.

"I'll be the one to submit it tomorrow morning." She added before she bid goodbye.

"Hyun! It's Jackson's birthday. He'll throw a party tonight." Yoona approached as we head out.

I stopped from walking to face her. "I can't come. I need to do something tonight."

"What? You already finished your group project, right?"

"Yoona, I'll just tell you later." I said before running away.

She called my name but I just ignored her. Chanyeol told is already waiting for me at the Hangang bridge. He has been there for an hour because I forgot to tell him that I have to make a group project today.

When I spotted him standing while looking at the river, I immediately told the taxi to stop. He was hesitant because we're in the middle of the road but I gave up when I opened my door to go out.

I looked around and sighed when I saw his car. He already got it back.

"Sorry for being so late." I whispered and stood beside him.

"Will I get hurt if I jump here?" He asked while looking at the river so I also did the same. "A lot of people say that drowning is the best way to die because you won't get hurt, you won't even bleed."

"I think it's the worst way to die. What if when you're already on the water when you realized that you wanted to live? Then you'll start to gasp for air but in doing so, you're just letting yourself die." I looked at him but his eyes are fixed on the river. "The best way to die is dying in the arms of your loved ones. No matter how or where, as long as you're on their embrace, it will be better. You'll die peacefully, without any worries."

I don't know why we're talking about this but I can't help myself from saying my oppinion. Did he think of jumping while I'm gone? Omo! That's so bad. What if he's so depressed right now because of his father? Aish!

"Chanyeol, you shoul not-"

"Run away with me."

I was left dumbfounded when he interrupted my words. This is the second time he asked me that.

My eyes are still wide when he looked at me.

"For just tonight. Let's go somewhere just for tonight and when the sun comes, I'll let you go." He reached out his hand to touch my hand. "Is that too much to ask?"

"Where?" I asked and he let out a sigh of relief.


I opened my eyes and realized that I fell asleep in the car. The car is already parked beside a beach. I saw Chanyeol throwing rocks so I got out the car to approach him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't sleep well last night." I said and peeked at my watch. It's already 1 in the morning.

He gave me a rock and smiled. "Let's play stone skipping."

Why is he acting like this? Aren't he supposed to ditch me?

I shrugged all my thoughts off my mind and just do what he says. I don't want to open up that topic. He should be the one to tell it to me.

"Never thought that you are good at this." He praised me after I succeeded on making every stone that I threw bounce several times.

"I grew up near the ocean, that's why." I proudly answered before throwing a rock again.

"Let's ride a boat! I've been dreaming to ride a boat since I was young but dad and mom are not letting me since they say, it's dangerous." He said then grabbed my hand as we ran towards the old men who I think are the owners of the boats.

"Excuse me ahjussi, are you going to fish? Can we have a ride?" He asked one of them.

"Yes you can but it will be too cold." The old man reminded.

Chanyeol held my hand and guided me up the boat. His hands are already so cold but his excited look made me feel comfortable.

"You can stay up here. You can borrow this jacket. Sorry, I only have one." Ahjussi said before going down to start the engine of the boat.

The smile on his face while feeling the cold breeze is making me worried. It's making me feel like this will be the last time I'll see this. I have no idea what's on his mind but I can actually tell what he's doing. He's giving me a chance to be with him for the last time. If that's what he planned, then I'll enjoy this time he offered me.

I held his hand and smiled. His hand is as cold as the wind and I hate it. The memory of him that will remain on my mind is his cold hand.

"This is my dream, Juhyun." He suddenly said, his eyes are fixed on the sea. "I wanted to ride a boat with the one I love. Umma is always scolding me whene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter