Step Nineteen

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed as I watched Chanyeol sleeping on the couch. I told him to sleep on my room and I'll sleep inside my brothers' room but he refused.

I noticed that he's been sweating. I frowned and put my hand on his forehead.

"He looks sick." Hansol appeared beside me while eating a bread.

I turned to look at him. "He is sick. We'll stay home."

I went to the bathroom to get water and a towel to put on his forehead.

"I didn't know that you're babysitting." Taehyung said while crossing his arms.

I splashed him with water and he hissed.

"Aish noona! We'll go now." He said and I accompany them to the door.

I go back to make a soup in the kitchen. After that, I woke Chanyeol up.

"Sorry, I woke up late. Let's go to school?" He stood up.

"Chanyeol, you're sick. Eat some soup." I dragged him inside the kitchen.

He silently ate the soup that I made. I just watched him and he awkwardly looked at me.

"Sorry if I'm being a bother."

I held his hand that was on the table. "You will never be a bother to me." I smiled and he also smiled at me.

"My head aches so much." He massaged his head.

I stood up and grabbed his hands. "Chanyeol-ah, you should rest. Give me your phone so I can contact anyone in your house to inform them that you're here."

He intertwined our fingers as he shook his head. "I surrendered everything to dad."

"What? Why did you do that?"

"Juhyun, he's pushing me so hard and I'm so done with it. I gave up my dream on becoming a basketball player because I thought, he'll allow me to date you but-"

"What?" I cut him off. "You gave up what?" I voice trembled.

"I gave up my all. I gave up my dream, my credit card, my phone, my car, my gadgets and even our house. I will give up everything for you." Tears escaped his eyes.

My lips trembled as I look at him. He looks so weary. I sighed and tears also began escaping my eyes. He cupped my face to wipe it.

"Chanyeol, I'm sorry." I hugged him and cried even more. "I'm sorry if I can't be someone that your parents will like. Sorry if you're suffering because of me." I sniffed.

He chuckled and touched my head. "Don't apologize. You don't need to say sorry."

I removed from the hug and nodded at him.



"Juhyun-oppa tell me the truth! Are you out on a date? You didn't attend class and Chanyeol is missing. What are you two doing?"

Yoona's voice is on the other side of the line. So... She called to ask a malicious question? I can only laugh at this girl.

"What are you talking about?" I looked at the sleeping Chanyeol. "I'm sick and I don't know where Chanyeol is." I lied and crossed my fingers, hoping she'll believe.

"Sick? Don't make me laugh! You always say that lie a lot. Aish! If you're just lazy, just admit it to me. I'm your bestfriend!" She shouted.

I giggled. "Just believe in what your mind is telling you." I faked a cough. "I'll end the call now. Take care, Yoona!"

After I ended the call, I sat on the floor to check Chanyeol's body temp. His fever is still not going down.

While I'm wiping the wet towel on his neck, someone knocked on the door.

"Yifan?!" I widened my eyes and pushed him outside before closing the door.

He pulled me and put his hand on my forehead then he hissed. "I knew it."

I frowned. "You knew what?"

"That you're faking again. I was worried because I thought you got sick because of what had happened yesterday." He frowned and get something in his car. "Here apples."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He just continued frowning. "Aren't you going to invite me inside?"

"No." My lips formed a thin line. "The house is a little messy. Taehyung wa-"

"Juhyun..."

My eyes almost popped out when I heard someone called behind me. I turned and saw Chanyeol whose eyes are also like mine.

"The house might be really messy because a trash is inside it." Yifan whispered and I want to kill him because Chanyeol might hear.

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol went beside me.

Yifan grabbed the bag of apples on my hand and showed it to Chanyeol. "I came to give you this."

Chanyeol just stared at him. "I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter