Step Sixteen

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Juhyun, you should go to school. You've been absent for three days." Yunho-oppa said as he sat on my bed.

I got up to sit and stare at him. It's still so early and his knock made me wake up from a comfortable nap.

I yawned as he continued talking.

"Don't worry about your expenses, that's our duty. You should only worry about your grades." He sighed and looked at me. "I'll bring you three back in Seoul this evening." He got up and went out.

I lied on my bed to continue my sleep but the noise from my phone distracted me.

"Aish!"

I answered the call without looking who is the caller.

"How are you?" It's Chanyeol.

I sat up again and rest my head on the wall.

"I'm fine. I'll go back there this evening." I'm kinda shy to talk because of my morning voice.

He sighed. "I miss you."

I gulped and tried my best not to scream or throw anything. Err! Why is he always making me giddy.

"Me too. I'll see you later." I said, trying to hide my excitement.

"We'll see eachother tomorrow. I can't meet you this evening. There will be a visitor in our house." He sounded disappointed.

"See you tomorrow then." I ended the call.

There's still this hollow space in my heart whenever he mentions things like that. Whenever he needs to do his duties as a son,sometimes it feels like I can never be his priority. I understand him but sometimes I want to question his real feelings for me. I'm not even sure about our status. Are we in a relationship? That means he is my boyfriend? Is it still fake? Or it's for real? I'm not yet sure.

Loving is hard. No. Erase that. Loving feels good but capturing the heart of the one you love hurts a lot.



"At last! We'll go back to Seoul!" Hansol sighed as he slumped beside me.

"I miss school. I feel like I forgot how to write my name." Taehyung added and I can only hiss at them.

"Can you two shut up?" I put my neck pillow on and closed my eyes. "I'll sleep so be quiet." I grumpily said and they both chuckled.

I can't sleep although my eyes have been closed for a long time.
"Yifan-hyung messaged me." Taehyung whispered and I'm not sure if he's saying that to me.

I was about to open my eyes but Hansol's voice stopped me from doing so.

"Really? What did he say?" He asked and I noticed that the music from his phone stopped.

"He asked me how I've been and when will we come back." Taehyung lazily said.

Hansol sighed. "That guy is evil outside but has a soft heart inside."

"Yifan-hyung is not evil. He is a great guy." Taehyung is really persistent on his idea about that guy.

Hansol chuckled. "Whatever. Do you like him for our noona?"

There was a long silence so I think they stopped on that but Taehyung suddenly talked.

"Honestly yes. But Yifan-hyung is not a boyfriend material and noona already has Chanyeol-hyung so I guess, they can't be." He whispered the last three words.

"We're not even sure if noona and Chanyeol are really together." Hansol blurted out.

After that, I never heard them talked again. I opened my eyes after some time and saw my brothers sleeping.

I put Hansol's head on my shoulder because he's been struggling to keep his head still. I looked at Taehyung, glad he is peacefully resting his head on his backpack while sleeping. The train is a two-seater that's why he is on the other side.

I can't sleep because I sleep so long before we go out the house. I was startled when I heard a banging sound. I moved a little and Hansol put his head away from my shoulder and lean on the window. My eyes landed at Taehyung's phone that is now on the ground.

I sighed. I thought it was from the train. I got up and picked it up. There was a message. And it's from Yifan.

O got back on my seat and scanned their messages.

Yifan: 'Hello Taetae! How are you? Seems like you all love Busan a lot and forgot about Seoul. When will you come back?'

Tae: 'Hyung! Busan is our home and we are complete that's why we really enjoyed our time here. We are currently in the train going back.'

Yifan: 'How's your dad? Glad to know that you didn't forget Seoul.'

Tae: 'He is super fine. Seoul is where my dreams are, I will never forget it.'

I quietly laughed at my brother's reply. He is really witty.

Yifan: 'Nice to hear that. What is your sister doing right now?'

I felt something on my chest after I read his message.

Tae: 'She is sleeping  with a neck pillow.'

I quietly laughed again. Why does he need to include the neck pillow? Aish! This kid.

Yifan: 'You should keep quiet then, it is not good to disturb her.'

Tae: 'I know hyung.'

Yifan: 'She'll turn into a monster!'

I frowned at his reply and since Taehyung is already sleeping, I typed a reply in behalf of him.

'A monster huh? Look who's talking! You are a plutonian who needs to go back to his world! Chinese dumpling!'

I tapped send and let out a victorious smile.

I waited but he didn't replied. Maybe he's asleep now. Omo! I should've pretended that I'm Taehyung. Aish! My mind is not working properly when I'm angry.

I was shocked when Tae's phone started ringing. The freak is calling! I answered it without hesitations.

"I guess I woke the monster in you." He started. His voice is husky and he sounded like he just woke up from his sleep.

"Yah! You should show your face to me so I can punch you!" I hissed.

"Aigoo. I'm scared. Last time I checked, you seemed so friendly." He teased and I suddenly got shy but I won't let him notice.

"I'm being sarcastic that time!" I defended.

He chuckled. "I know. You hate me so it's impossible for you to ask me as your friend. Or... is that what you call, keep your enemies close? Hmm..."

I'm suddenly tounge-tied. He is really considering me as his enemy. I used to consider him as my enemy but his approach is friendly. I mean, he is not that friendly to me but he acts so nice.

He sighed. "Are you still there? Or are you sleeping?"

I also sighed and tried to regain the firmness of my voice. "You're such a fool. Why are you asking if I'm sleeping? Can a sleeping person answer your qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter