Step Fourteen

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Just put the last box inside Juhyun's room." Mom said and my two oppas followed immediately.

I woke up because of the beeping sound of a vehicle. And then, mom is here with these four big boxes.

"Umma, I can rent you a house. You don't need to disturb them here." Yunho oppa rushed here when I called him because I'm also shocked to wake up to this.

"Yunho, I understand that you're saving for your wedding and your soon to be family. You don't have to worry about me." Umma said which made all of us frown.

"Then, I'm here. I'll pay for your house, umma." Jungsu oppa added but umma only grimaced at him.

"Sons, calm down. Save money for your future needs, ok? I'll ask for help if needed but as of now, your appa and I still have some savings so don't worry ok?" She assured but it didn't calm us.

"If everything's fine, why are you bere with these boxes?" Hansol asked so I pulled him and draped my arm on his shoulder.

"I know what's happening." Yunho oppa blurted out while massaging his temple.

"Don't tell me, you'll sell the house in Busan?!" Jungsu oppa exclaimed which made me gasped.

"No! We can't do that, umma!" Taehyung's tone sounded like he is pleading to our mother.

All of us became quiet to let umma talk but she remained silent.

"Ok. Let's settle this." I started. "I thought about this since I knew that appa is no longer working. I'll stop going to school so I can find a job." I said and they all disagree.

"Listen, Hyunie. You'll finish studying! I have enough money to sustain all your needs." Yunho oppa said.

"But we can't sacrifice Hansol and Taehyung! I am willing to work." My voice is firm so as my decision.

"Yunho and I can pay for you guys." Jungsu oppa is calm but it didn't stop me.

"Oppa, for the past years I know that your salary is not good because the team has been losing." I said to him before looking at my other brother. "Yunho oppa, I know that you have a new competitor and the owner of that new dance studio is an idol that's why you're having a hard time getting customers." I gulped before continuing. "I will work and that is my decision." I said before going inside my room.

I locked my room and sat on the floor while leaning on the door. I will not go to school today. I will rest for now so I can start looking for a job tomorrow.

I looked around my room and saw lots of books on my shelf.

I closed my eyes.

I will sell them. I will sell my books.

I remembered how I saved money just to buy all of those. Can't believe that in the end, I will just be selling them.

"Aish!" I whispered and I don't know why I'm starting to weep.

I grabbed my phone to message Yoona and Chanyeol that I will not go to school because I'm sick. They both replied after a minute.

Yoona: 'Get well right now, Hyun! I need you always here by my side. ㅜ.ㅜ'

Chanyeol: 'Call me if you need anything. Sleep and drink medicines. ILY.'

I stared at Chanyeol's reply and I'm thinking if I should reply back.

I think an 'I love you' needs an 'I love you too' so it will be balanced. I was about to type in a reply but my phone rings.

'Dad is calling'

I answered the call right away.

I heard him sighed. I guess by now, mom told him my decision.

"Appa, how are you? Mom is here. When will you come here? We miss you a lot!" I still try to sound normal as possible.

"Juhyun, I know you're aware why I called." He paused for awhile before continuing. "You don't need to stop studying."

I shook my head although he can't see me. "Appa, I know you'll disagree with me but I really need to sacrifice for the sake of my two brothers, Hansol and Taetae."

"Juhyun. I'm your father. I am the provider of this family so you listen to me! Let me handle this situation." His voice is becoming loud.

"Appa, we both know what is happening. You'll handle this? Handle this by selling our house? Oh come on! Appa! That's not the right way to handle this situation. We need to be practical!" I'm aware that my voice is raising but I can't control myself.

"That's practicality, Juhyun! We need money, then we need to sacrifice something to get it!" He shouted. "I want what's best for all of you especially you because you are our only daughter. Stop arguing, Hyun. Please."

Tears started to flow from my eyes.

"I love you dad." I said before ending the call.

I started to sob hard so I slumped on my bed and buried my face on my pillow.

I'm going crazy because of what is happening to us, to our family. Why is luck slowly drifting away from us?



I woke up with the sound of my grumbling stomach. I fell asleep while crying. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my swollen eyes.

I need to eat.

I slowly unlocked my door and peeked to see who's outside and was shocked to see mom looking at me with crossed arms.

"Why didn't you tell me you're sick?" She said and I can only frown. "I cooked soup for you. And by the way you have a visitor." She added and I followed her to go to the kitchen.

It must be Yoona! Shocks! I told her that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter