Step Eight

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the start of the basketball tournament. Chanyeol asked me to watch their game because one of the bodyguards of his dad will check on him to know if he really has a girlfriend since he rejected his offer to invite Sooyoung to watch the game.

"Chanyeol's lucky charm is here!" Yoongi shouted when he saw me walking towards them.

I high fived all of them since I'm used to doing it and they don't mind.

Chanyeol looked at me before approaching me to touch my hand.

"Thanks for being here." He shyly said while smiling.

"It's ok." I smiled and sat on the bleachers.

"He wants a goodluck kiss." Hoya blurted out and received a smack on the head from Yoongi.

"What's wrong about it? They are a couple right?" Suho added and Yoongi can only shake his head.

Among all of them, I can say that Yoongi understands me the best. Hoya is a little immature and it shows on how he teases almost everyone that he sees. Kai is quite chic but he is actually a warm person after you get to know him. While Suho is tricky and very playful.

I looked at Chanyeol as he playfully showed his fist to them, he is like threatening to punch them if they will not stop teasing us.

Their laughter faded when a guy approached Chanyeol.

"Good morning, Mr. Park." He said and gave him a 90° bow.

"You can sit anywhere." Chanyeol coldly said to the guy.

The guy is obviously older than us. Maybe he is the bodyguard that Chanyeol told me earlier. I stopped observing him when his eyes met mine.

"The team of the other school is here. Alright, let's go!" Mr. Lee clapped his hands and the players followed him.

Chanyeol gave me a smile before going down to the court.

The opposing team arrived at the gym and their schoolmates cheered them.

They are taller than our team. Chanyeol is the tallest among the first five and I can say that the members of the other team is as tall as him.

"Let's go Yonsei!!" Girls from our school started to cheer when the game started.

The first point was made by Chanyeol and it made me scream.

My eyes wander around to look for Yoona. I haven't talked to her since that day and I don't know if she's ok or not. I don't have anything against her, I just hate the fact that she's being friends with that ugly dumpling who came from Pluto!

"Yoona!" I shouted when I spotted her finding a seat while holding a burger.

She widened her eyes and hurriedly went near me.

"Hyun-oppa!" She squealed before hugging me.

I ruffled her hair as we removed from the hug.

"I'm really sorry. It's just that I'm asking him a favor." I frowned after I heard that.

"What kind of help?" I asked and looked at Chanyeol sweating while dribbling the ball.

"About Minho." She caught my attention. I looked at her as she bite her burger. "Minho is just in Korea." I nodded but when I realized what she said, my eyes popped.

"The ?!" I bit my lower lip when her eyes darted at me.

She really hate it when I'm cursing.

"I know how loyal you are to Chanyeol but please keep this secret." She held my hand which made me gulped. "Don't tell Chanyeol." I nodded and we continued watching the game.

My eyes are only fixed on Chanyeol who is sweating hard for playing passionately.

Why would Minho hide that from the team? Is it that hard to quit so he needed to lie about leaving? I feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for the team and most importantly, I feel sorry for Chanyeol.

"I need to pee." Yoona excused herself.

My mind is clouded with a lot of questions and I can't focus on the game anymore.

"I really don't think that Mr. Park is dating you." I my right to look at the man beside me.

It's Chanyeol’s bodyguard. He eyed me like I’m a creature he had never seen before.

“That’s your girlfriend, right? You’re a lesbian.” I almost choke on my own saliva when he said those words to me.

“Excuse me? Are you hearing yourself? That girl is my best friend!” I may sound defensive but that’s the truth.

He only gave me a displeased look. “I hate liars.” He whispered.

I didn’t look at him again, I might lose my patience and punch him straight on his wrinkled face.

Yoona got back and sat beside me. We busied ourselves watching the game and I’m glad that the guy didn’t talk again. He is eating up my temper every time he fakes a cough whenever I cheer for Chanyeol. I’ll really prove myself to you, head!

“Yes!!!” All of us shouted when the team won.

Yoona kept on jumping while screaming the university’s name. My eyes landed at the bodyguard who went down the bleachers to approach Chanyeol.

"Let's congratulate them!" Yoona dragged me while running down to approach the team.

"Congrats guys!" She shouted in front of them.

"It's for Yonsei." Hoya boastfully said while grabbing his bag.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter