Step One

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After some weeks, Yifan tried his best to avoid me. I can tell because he always looks away whenever our eyes meet. Well, I've heard that the basketball team rejected him. I can't blame them, ofcourse they're not just after the height or skill, and they also focus on academics. Since our grades are not yet out, they still don't know if Yifan is doing well.

I always see Chanyeol and his teammates loitering around the campus every breaks.

Yoona is practicing for their cheer dance competition. She just joined last year and I can say that she's doing well because she's now part of the front liners.
I'm eating my third gyeongju bread while sitting at the bleachers and watching the practice game of the basketball team.

"Number 61! Counter the defense! Idiot!" I shouted when I saw Chanyeol having a hard time between two players for the opposing team.

He stepped back before I shouted, "Shoot it!" He did what I said. It went it!

"Nice game!" Coach Lee patted their back as they all head their way inside the locker room.
I sneakily went down and grabbed the ball before dribbling it.

When I was still in high school, my brothers will always let me join them whenever they play with our neighbors. I think that's why I'm good at playing this game than joining Yoona with her girly stunts.

I threw the ball and it went in the ring. It's a good thing that the people watching earlier left so I can play here freely.

I positioned myself at the side of the court before throwing the ball. It went in! Well, I'm trained by my brother who is a player of Seoul Knights.

"Nice shot, she-male!" I turned and saw Yifan clapping his hands sarcastically.

Wow! After ignoring me for weeks he's here! Alive and kicking!

I threw the ball on him but he caught it before it even lands on his ugly face.

He threw the ball in the air, caught it and dunked it on the ring. He's tall that's why he can easily do that. He ran and jumped before doing a reverse lay-up. He coolly landed and was about to shoot again when someone talked behind us.

"We should consider him Chanyeol." Coach Lee said while the team was standing behind him.

Chanyeol nodded and crossed his arms before saying, "Attend the practice game next week before the exams." He smiled at Yifan before turning his gaze at me.

My cheeks heat up but I didn't let them notice. I elbowed Yifan and congratulated him while laughing.

"We're not close." He blurted out which made me blush even more. I widen my eyes at him but he just shrugged his shoulders before thanking them and walking out the gym.

"I also need to-" I didn't finish my sentence when Chanyeol let out a manly chuckle.

I want to record his chuckle and set it as my ringtone.

"For a girl, it's amazing that you're good at this game." He said and smiled at me.

I swear, I can die now!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter