Step Twenty-Five

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The thought of Yifan liking Yoona made me uneasy. I don't like him for Yoona! She is too good for him.

"What do you think?"

I got back in my senses when Yoona poked my shoulder. I looked at her with brows knitted together. She grimaced at me and snapped her fingers.

"I'm sorry, what again?"

She rolled her eyes at my question. When she was about to repeat herself, Yifan appeared and sat beside her.

His hair is messy and his eyes looked tired. I also noticed the diamond earing on his right ear.

"I didn't sleep well last night." His voice is hoarse.

Yoona tapped his shoulder lightly. "Stop thinking too much. You're like Juhyun!" She mentioned before they both look at me.

"I don't like her." Yifan said defensively.

"Well, I don't like you too so we're even!" I crossed my arms before I looked away.

"I didn't mean you like her, I said you are like her who thinks too much every night." Yoona laughed.

I rolled my eyes at her laughter. I don't know why but I'm so irritated today.

"Oh! I forgot! We'll have a meeting today regarding our performance for next week." Yoona said, excusing herself.

She put all her things inside her hand bag before standing. She waved at us then heads out the library.

I just busied myself reading the article that our professor gave as an assignment. Yifan is resting his head above his bag. Maybe he's already asleep. I don't want to look at him.

"How are you?" I was shocked when he talked.

I looked at him and the first thing I saw is his tired eyes.

"I'm alright." I sighed before asking him the same question.

"I'm also alright." He pursed his lips and sat properly. He began tapping the table using his fingers.

"Are you also in a kind of set up like your cousin?" I don't know why I asked that but maybe, I just want to erase the awkardness between us.

"Hmm... What do you think?" His lips formed a sly smile.

I frowned at him. "Well, I think yes because you're busy dating all the girls you want so that you won't regret it or miss it when you're already married."

He looked at me with an amused face. He chuckled a bit as his hand touched the diamond earing.

"You're too expensive Yifan." I muttered which made him serious.

"And you are too... I don't know..." He shook his head. "Indescribable?"

He looks like he's testing the word inside his brain when I remembered the pot of sunflower I gave him.

"Oh! I hope the flower I gave you is still alive."

He eyed me and looked away. He is now staring infront, looking at the other students.

Well, I'm not expecting him to answer anyway and besides, if he'll answer; his answer would be no. Just like when I asked him to befriend me.

"Mom loves it."

His answer surprised me. His mom? So it means, he gave it to her? He may be a bad boy but glad that he still has a soft spot, and that spot is only for his mom.

"When she visited my condo, she saw it and took it home. She said that I'll just let it die so she'll take care of it." He eyed me and looked away again.

Why do I feel like he's uncomfortable? He can't even look at me for a second... Or is it just me?

"Will you let it die?"

I don't know why I asked that. It just came out of my mouth, without passing through my brai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter