Step Twenty-Two

How To Capture A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She just got minor injuries since the car didn't hit her that hard. She needs to rest and the doctors need to check her once she woke up to know if she's really fine."

I heard Yifan's voice whispering but I can't really understand what he's saying.

"We still have to know if she was really running or the driver is just making up stories."

Yoona said and it looks like they're eating. I can smell ramen and by the way she talked, it looks like she's chewing.

"Noona, let's call the doctors first when she woke up."

I opened my eyes when I heard my brother's voice. I shouldn't look weak in front of them. I'm their manly noona. I need to be strong, that's what they look up on me, my strength.

"Noona!" Taehyung shouted and Hansol immediately went out, maybe to call the doctor.

"Yah Hyun-oppa! We we're just in class then suddenly... What happened? Why di-"

Hansol came in with the doctor, making Yoona shut up.

"You're fine. We should be thankful that you only had fracture on your right hand and foot, other than that, you're okay." The doctor said and I bowed down to give respect.

"Should I tell mom and dad?" Taehyung asked and it made me smile.

They still remember what I told them, ask me first before telling it to our parents.

"You heard the doctor. I'm fine so don't bother telling them. They will just worry." I assured them and noticed that all of them are wearing their school uniforms. "You all have classes?" I asked and glanced at the clock.

It's already 6:45 in the morning which means, I've been here since the afternoon of yesterday. I've been sleeping that long? Oh my...

"I'll go now so I can tell you all the school works." Yoona said and eyed Yifan. "What about you? Ahh... You're not even paying attention in class. You want to stay?" She's smiling while looking at Yifan, teasing him, but her smile faded when she saw me frowning. "Let's go now, Taehyung, Hansol."

"Noona, we'll buy our food for tonight. Just take care of yourself while we're away." Hansol reminded and I salute as a response. What a bossy dongsaeng!

Taehyung pinched my cheek before waving.

When they closed the door, Yifan suddenly spoke. "You heard it all." He looked at me so I looked away. "The engagement that everyone is talking about is between Chanyeol and Sooyoung. What will you do?"

I sighed and played with my fingers. "What can I do?"

"What kind of answer is that?! You won't even fight?" His voice raised so I looked at him.

"Fight? It's useless anyway! If I fight, it will not guarantee that I will succeed. If it's between a 30% chances of winning, there's no point of fighting at all."

"Fighting is not just about winning, Juhyun." He said and sat on my bed.

"Can we stop from talking about that? My head is aching, I'm hungry."


He returned with a tray of food. He places it on top of my bed. I can't move my right hand so I just used my left hand. I had trouble eating because I'm not used with using my left hand.

I was shocked when he grabbed the spoon on my hand and scoop the food before showing it to me.

"It will take you forever if you will eat like that." He said and began feeding me.

I suddenly remembered what Chanyeol said yesterday. Well, he already told me that Yifan likes me but I still can't confirm it since he's saying that out of the blue.

"Do you want juice? I just bought water since it's better but if you want-"

"It's fine." I stopped him and drink the water.

If it's true that he likes me, I will start to believe that, the more you hate the more you love. Kidding aside, if he really likes me, it will not be goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter