Moving on

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo must have been crazy because she spent all her night thinking about Jongkook. The scene earlier that she saw in the office really bothered her that she wished that she could just forget it but she can’t. Why does it so painful for her? Does this mean that she still has feelings for Jongkook? It has been four years but why the feeling is still there? She remembered clearly how he broke things off with her and how he regretted it and begged for her to come back to him. Will things be different if she listened to his words back then in the airport before her departure? Will things be different if she gave him a second chance? Why is she regretting all of this? What should she do?

Wait. If it’s that easy for him to move on, so does her. She ought to move on as well. Things might not go well but life goes on. She has to stop worrying over something that’s not her and might not be hers.

The other days in the office just felt like the same and that kind of feeling was still there. The slight hurt when she saw him when he treated other woman as how he treated her back then.

There was a night when an event was held by the company in a luxurious hotel downtown. As the leader in that company, she was invited and attended that event as well. She was hell gorgeous that night and captivated almost every man’s eyes. She was just wearing a simple yet elegant see-through dress and a pair of black colored heels as well. Her hair was curled into loose curl and her make up was making her more beautiful too. When she arrived, everyone attention was to her. She tried her best to gave a genuine smile to everyone she met but her smile fade away when she saw a man who was going through the entrance with a lady’s hand linked into his. It was Kim Jong Kook and his so called girlfriend.

He was smiling happily as well as the lady beside him. She was observing him from far and looked at how he greeted some important people but seems like Jongkook realized that he has been observed because when he looked around, his gaze stopped at Jihyo. He was starring at her and so does her. They were looking at each other in silent. She tried her best to curl up her lips when they were looking at each other and surprisingly he replied her smile. Although it wasn’t a very wide smile but at least he tried his best to curl up his lips when she smiled to him. For some reason, she was grateful when he did so but it didn’t last for 5 seconds because Joo-Hyun was already pulling her to the other direction.

For that 5 seconds also, her heartbeat increased like crazy. Like how she met him for the first time. She kept on asking herself, does she still love him? That’s the question which has been lingering through her mind all this while. If she doesn’t, why does she wish that she could be in Joo-Hyun’s position? If she does, she’ll be regretting the decision she took 4 years ago.

Again, that little uncomfortable feeling come to her chest when she saw him with Joo-Hyun that night. The event ended almost late. She was waiting for her chauffer to arrive but then she realized that Joo-Hyun was already standing beside her as she’s waiting for someone.

“Annyeonghaseyo, sajangnim.” Joo-Hyun greeted properly.

“Ye, annyeonghaseyo.” Jihyo greeted back with a little smile.

“Who are you waiting for, Joo-Hyun-Ssi?” Jihyo dared to ask. You fool, she cursed herself. She must be waiting for Jongkook. There’s no way in hell that Jongkook will let a lady went home alone in this hour moreover, his girlfriend.

“I’m waiting for.. Ah! That’s him.” Joo-Hyun said and pointed at a man who was walking towards their direction with an umbrella but his whole body was soaked. His suit, pants, tie, shoes were soaked in rain. He must be freezing cold right now.

“I’m sorry for making you wait for too long, Joo-Hyun ah.” Jongkook said when he arrived in front of his girlfriend. Jihyo didn’t dare to look at them but just took a little peek from the side of her eyes.

She witnessed it all. She knew that Jongkook was soaked in rain because he was getting an umbrella for Joo-Hyun from his car. He came back and apologized because he thought that he made her waited for too long but she was just waiting for 5 minutes. Then, she saw him putting off his suit and put it on Joo-Hyun to prevent her from the coldness. He then embraced her so that the umbrella will fit the two of them.

Joo-Hyun said her goodbye politely to Jihyo when Jongkook was just bowing his head a little. Both of them just left like that without saying anything more to Jihyo who was waiting alone. She closed her eyes while inhaling the scent of the rain. She was clearly reminiscing the first time she enjoyed the rain and it was with Jongkook. She was once in Joo-Hyun position when he embraced her so that she won’t be soaked in rain and how he scolded her when she wants to experience more with the rain. She missed those moments. Her lips curled up a little when she remembered those. The person might not stay but memories does, right?

She was so busy with her own mind without realizing someone was handing her an umbrella. She looked at the hand clearly. She knew that hand. She knew the owner of that hand, the hand which used to give her warmness and comfort. It’s Kim Jong Kook’s. She dared herself to look at him. Damn he was soaked in rain and he was not wearing any jacket or coat or even his suit because he gave it to Joo-Hyun already. His soaked buttoned up shirt clearly exposed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter