Her first smile

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After trying so hard to open her eyes, Jihyo finally opened her eyes and when she looked around, this place feels so strange to her. She tried to remember what happened. Ah! She remembered about her calling Jongkook for help. She supposed to be in her penthouse right now but why she’s here? Where is she? She looked at the blanket that has been wrapping her. Was Kim Jong Kook the one who did this? Her head hurts as she tried to remember.

“AAHHH!!” Someone screamed and Jihyo directly looked behind to find out who’s screaming. She found a teenage girl was the one who shouted and she looked at her with her blank face. 

“Oppa!!” the girl shouted in high pitch again while Jihyo is still starring at her blanky.

“Ah-Ran ah! Why are you screaming so loud? It’s annoying okay!” Jongkook came out from nowhere and looked at Jihyo who’s awake already.

“Oh! You’re awake” Jongkook said and approached her.

“Oppa. Who’s that?” Ah-Ran asked again and courage herself to come near his brother and Jihyo who’s awake and now she’s sitting on the couch. 

“She’s my friend. Why are you so scared? She’s also a humanbeing!” Jongkook said as he’s annoyed.

“Mianhae. Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Ah-Ran imnida” Ah-Ran introduced herself as she knew she’s a little rude with screaming earlier.

“She’s my little sister” Jongkook added.

“Ah. Ne. I’m Song Ji Hyo. Your oppa’s friend” Jihyo replied her. Jongkook directly glanced at her when she mentioned ‘oppa’s friend’ but then he smiled as she’s trying to open up a little to him.

“Eonni. Do you know? It’s the first time oppa brought a girl home” Ah-Ran said and made Jongkook blushed for a while.

“Ya! What are you trying to say?” Jongkook denied.

“That’s true. It’s your first. Perhaps…” 

“The chicken!!”Jongkook screamed before his sister continued her words and run directly to the kitchen when he remembered that he’s steaming a chicken earlier. 

“My oppa is funny right” Ah-Ran said as she laughed and smiled to Jihyo. 

“What?” Jihyo asked again as she’s not sure what she heard earlier.

“Ani. Eonni. Are you really just a friend of oppa?” Ah-Ran asked again as she’s interrogating Jihyo.

“Mwo? Of course” Jihyo answered firmly.

“Is that so? Oppa has never brought any girl home and I heard eomma has been asking him about having a girlfriend recently” 

“Jinjja?”

“Yes. I don’t oppa ever date anyone”

“Why do you think so?”

“How possible for him to date if everything he did during high school was studying and studying? I never saw him without books back then when he was still in high school. His fashion taste is bad as well. He used to wear big round glasses. I guess he changed a little bit now” Ah-Ran said as she’s telling about her brother and that successfully make Jihyo chuckled as she imagined Kim Jong Kook with that round glasses. After years, it’s the first time she could smile. Although it’s not a wide smile, at least it’s not a smirk which she always gives to people.

“He must be smart during high school then”

“Yes. He always ranked the first. At least, his smart brain always makes me and eomma proud of him. I thought a shy guy like oppa doesn’t have a girl friend. He proves me wrong today” 

“Shy? Is he usually shy?” Jihyo asked in confuse as Jongkook is nowhere near shy when he’s with her. He even confidently approached her even when she treated him coldly. 

“Of course. He is shy enough that sometimes he can’t even look at a girl in her eyes. There was once he liked a girl but he doesn’t have any courage to confess to her. He regretted it so much when he found out that the girl has a boyfriend already” 

“What a sad story” 

Seems like this brother and sister has the same DNA which is the talkative DNA. Same as Jongkook who loves to talks and talks a lot, her sister even do the same thing. She just talks a lot like her brother. That made Jihyo feels comfortable as Ah-Ran and her could talk casually and Ah-Ran also welcomed her warmly.  From far, Jongkook looked at her sister and Jihyo who seemed to having fun talking. He felt relieved when he saw both of them could get along well. The moment when he saw her smile for the first time, he smiled too. It fluttered his heart as he’s watching her smile. How he wish to see that smile more often. There’s a feeling inside him that wants her lips to smile to him. Only him.

“Ya! What are you two talking? Are you gossiping about me?”Jongkook said as he’s approaching both of them who’re sitting in the dining room waiting for him to serve the breakfast. 

“Chicken soup!” Ah-Ran said as she’s excited.

“Ya! Don’t act like you never had chicken soup in your life” Jongkook scolded.

“You usually serve mixed greens and salad for breakfast. Is it because Jihyo eonni is here?” Ah-Ran asked bluntly.

“What are you trying to say? Just eat! Then go help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter