Regretness

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was sunday and It was such a tough day for Jongkook. After exercising in the morning, he went for his breakfast and went to the coffee shop for his morning shift. The coffee shop was so crowded since it's sunday and half of the shop was full with people who's coming with their dates. Jongkook sighed as he saw that nowadays coffee shop isn't just a place to chill or to have a glass of warm coffee but a place to date instead. Being a barista, he has too smile and be friendly all the time. It's his job. Aside from this job, he actually applied another job as an intern of architecture team in one of the company which specialize in developing property sector in Seoul. He's going to graduate soon. So, applying this job is a very good start for him.

He kept on looking at his watch to see what time is it. When the time reach 12 PM, he untie his apron and telling his co-worker that he's going to leave soon as he finished his shift already. He wore his navy coloured parka jacket with white coloured knitted sweater inside it. Although it's winter, he can't resist himself from wearing ripped jeans. He wore ripped jeans along with a black coloured sneakers. He grabbed his backpack, left the coffee shop and walked to the nearest bus stop. Since the temperature in the winter was so low, he can't really use his motorbike. So, he used the bus instead. When he entered the bus, he took a seat nearby the window. He took out his phone and called her. Yes, her. She answered her phone after the third rings.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"I'm on my way already, Jihyo ya" He said while his eyes are still looking at the snow outside.

"Really? I thought you're going to cancel it?" She asked jokingly.

"No way. I promised. It has been a while since we hang out"

"Okay then. Actually, I'm almost there too oppa. See you"

"See you too. Be careful on your way there okay?"

"Ne. You too okay?"

"Ne"

He hung up the phone after that short call. He felt guilty as they rarely met each other recently. Not only because he's busy with his upcoming final assignment but also with Eunhye who has been asking him to help her recently.

Just like what happened two weeks ago which was the christmas' eve. Jongkook planned to went to the Seoul Art Centre for a classical swanlake ballet show with Jihyo on christmas' eve. He bought the ticket for two of them already and even went to the theatre with Jihyo already. But then Eunhye called him saying that something wrong with her car and she's not really sure where she was. That made Jongkook panicked and went searching for her, leaving Jihyo in the theatre alone. Jihyo thought she's going to be able to walk around the winter festival for a while with him but she was wrong. She ended up taking a taxi alone when she went back to her house.

She can't really blame Jongkook for what happened to Eunhye. She knew, even if she's the one who's in Eunhye's position, Jongkook will do the same thing either. Just like what he did months ago when she called him at 4 in the morning.

Again, that feeling came again. The pain when she saw him going to another girl. She doesn't know why it feels slightly hurt when she saw how he treated Eunhye. She thought that he's interested into her as she saw how good he treated her but after she saw he treated Eunhye the same way, the thought of him interested into her faded right away. She thought that she has a special place in his heart but she was wrong. She can't lie to herself that she's actually liking him but seeing how he treated other girls, she doesn't want to make high expectation or else it will hurt her when her expectation is the opposite of the reality.

After two more stops, Jongkook went down from the bus and walked to the nearest the restaurant which serves the best samgyeopsal or pork belly. He went inside and found out that Jihyo already sitting there, waiting for him.

"When did you arrive?" He asked when he was seated in front of her.

"Just now"

"Really? Ah. You must be very hungry. Let's start grilling" He said and they began grilling the pork. A meal with him is never boring for her. Everytime when she's with him, they always have things to talk about along with some jokes that could make her forget her life problems for a while. Only with him that she could laugh freely.
"Oppa. Let's go to the art gallery after this" she said.

"Art gallery?"

"Ne. I've been wanting to visit there for so long. Since it's sunday, do you mind to spend a little time of your time?"

"You shouldn't have ask, Jihyo ya. Of course I'll go with you. Let's finish our meal and go there, okay?" He said and she nodded as she agreed. After that they both continued their meal until someone unexpected came approaching.

"Oppa!" She said. The owner of the voice is the same person who Jihyo dislike so much.

"Eunhye ya" Jongkook greeted in surprise.

"You said you're busy this sunday! Eating here is the thing you mean busy?" Eunhye sulked.

"Aniya. That's not what I meant" Jongkook said.

"I only asked you to accompany me to the bookstore for a while. Is that really hard to do? It won't took much time oppa" Eunhye said in annoyed tone.

"Arasso. Next time, I'll make sure to accompany you okay? Don't sulk like that. You are ugly in those" Jongkook said and pinched her cheek while Eunhye just chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter