His Painkiller

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the past few weeks things between Jongkook and Joo-Hyun were fine as Jongkook tried his best to treat her better. He tried his best to always keep in touch with her, give her unexpected gifts, open every door for her and be her gentleman. Joo-Hyun was absolutely happy with how Jongkook treated her. Jongkook was surely putting all of his effort for Joo-Hyun and he realized that slowly but surely he’s going to love Joo-Hyun with all his heart. At least for now, he feels like he began loving her and wanting to take care of her. He wants to be the reason behind her smile. He wants to be her one and only.

As Jongkook grew closer with Joo-Hyun, his still maintained his friendship with Jihyo. He even went to Jihyo to get some relationship advice from her. Of course Jihyo welcomed him because she herself is playing the good friend role. Everything was fine. It was so fine until there’s Saturday morning when Jongkook visited Joo-Hyun’s apartment.

 He was so damn annoyed when Joo-Hyun didn’t reply his text and didn’t accept his phone call since last night. He was walking to Joo-Hyun apartment as their apartment is not that far and Jongkook has just finished his morning run that he did everyday. He was also bringing two jar of milk. One for him and another one are for Joo-Hyun. He walked through the elevator before finally reaching her unit.

He pressed the door bell when he arrived. Although he secretly knew the password, he still respects Joo-Hyun’s privacy and he doesn’t want her neighbor to think him as a burglar. After about 15 minutes of waiting, he started to get annoyed. It’s already 9 AM and it’s impossible if she’s still sleeping. He decided to call her but there’s no answer. He waited again for another 15 minutes and anger started to come up. He lost his patience and began pressing the password. After the light beep, he slowly entered her house after putting of his shoes. He walked through the corridor before reaching the living room.

The two jar of milk that he has been holding since he arrived fell to the floor just like that. The liquid was everywhere around the floor. The jar was scattered into pieces and so does his heart. It’s feeling being crushed into pieces when he saw Joo-Hyun was sitting at the couch with another man who Jongkook barely know and her head was resting on his shoulder while his hand was circling through her waist. Both of them must be enjoying their time without realizing that Jongkook entered her apartment already.

“Jongkook oppa.” She said in fear. Jongkook’s expression was definitely unreadable. He was starring blankly at her. She can’t conclude wether he’s mad, shock or disappointed.

“Just continue what you’re doing.” He said in low tone and that made Joo-Hyun scared as hell. He was obviously controlling his anger when he saw the bastard who was sitting on the couch earlier with Joo-Hyun. He doesn’t care who that bastard is because what he did was just starring at Joo-Hyun and Jongkook like he already predicted that this scene will happen.

“Oppa. Please hear me out.” Joo-Hyun pleaded but once Jongkook looked deeply into her eyes, she was speechless. She can’t say anything as the pain from Jongkook’s eyes was so visible.

Without saying anything again, Jongkook just went away from her apartment with heavy steps. Is she out of her mind? He sighed right away when he got out from the building. He wished that he could just jumped off from the cliff and woke up hoping that all of this is just a dream but when he was crossing the road, he heard a loud horns from the car which will hit him if he didn’t dodge, he realized that this is not a dream. This is a reality and what he saw just now is a reality.

He walked back to his apartment and drowned himself on his bed. He can’t think straight right now. It hurts. It hurts so much and he felt like his tears almost come out if he didn’t hold it. Why does the pain he felt right now is deeper than the pain when Jihyo left him? Is it how it felt like when you’re being betrayed by someone you love? After all of his effort in making Joo-Hyun happy, treating her like a queen, learning to love her with all his heart, trying the best for her, struggling for her and this is all he got? He seriously can’t think straight right now as the pain kept on lingering through his whole body.

He lost his appetite and feeling like he just wants to lie down for a while. He doesn’t have any eager to drink or doing whatever right now. He just wants to lie down and he doesn’t want to think of anything at the moment.

Jongkook doesn’t know how many hours he has been laying in that position. He tried his best to get up and looked at the window. It’s already the night time. He has been doing nothing for almost a day. He must be crazy. He did feel that his body is so weak as it’s so hard for him to even move as the only thing he ate today was just a glass of orange juice he took before going for his morning run. He tried to take a step but he failed as he felt so weak.

What are you doing Kim Jong Kook? You’re strong. You’re a strong man but why are you behaving like this now!! He scolded himself as he tried his best to wake up but no matter how hard he tried, he can’t. Not only his body that’s weak but also his heart. The scene at Joo-Hyun’s apartment was still so clear in his mind and it kept on playing in his mind. He tried his best again to reach his phone that’s on the bed. Even his hand is trembling when he’s reaching his phone but thankfully he managed to get his phone.

Song Ji Hyo.

That’s the first name he could think. He reached his phone and dialed her number. It only took 2 rings till she answered the call.

“Hello?” She sounded sleepy.

“Jihyo ya.” He called her weakly and that made Jihyo woke up for a while.

“Oppa! What happened to you? Are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

“Could you come over to my place? Please. I beg you.” He said again weakly.

“Arasso. I will be there. Give my 20 minutes okay?” She replied and the worried tone is still so visible.

“Gomawo.” He replied before hanging up the phone.

**

Jihyo can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter