Her Father

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook is currently controlling his nervousness because he knew that his nervousness is pretty much could be seen through his face although he's still smiling, Jihyo knew he's nervous as his fingers are so cold. She could definitely feel that when Jihyo held his hand, wanting to tell him that everything will be okay.

"So, Jongkook ah. Are you currently studying or..?" Jihyo's father asked when they were seated together after the opening ceremony.

"I'm currently working and studying at the same time. I'm on my senior year in architecture major." He replied politely.

"Architecture? That seems interesting. You said that you're working?" Her father asked in curiosity while one of his hand is busy grabbing a glass of red wine.

"I used to work as a part-timer but I quit that job already since I'm accepted in a property sector company as an intern in architecture department." Jongkook explained while Jihyo is actually a little relieved when her father doesn't show any weird gesture towards Jongkook. She's just too afraid if his words will hurt Jongkook's feeling. They have been talking about several things and even joked a little bit.

"Do you think architecture field is a promising career for your future?" Her father asked again. Jongkook knew what he meant. The future he means is also his daughter's future.

"I guess so because I believe that hard work could bring sucess to you, sir."

"It's pretty much true but may I know what does your parents do for living?" Jackpot. This is the question which Jongkook feared the most. No, he's not ashamed but he's just too afraid when her father knew that their high status couldn't be compared to his.

"My father passed away when I was thirteen and my mother is currently running a restaurant." Jongkook replied firmly.

"A restaurant? A franchise restaurant or self-owned? How many branch does your mother's restaurant own?" Song Im Hyuk's words sucessfully made him down just by seconds.

"Abeoji!" Jihyo raised her voice a little while her father is still waiting for Jongkook's answer.

"It's just a small restaurant in suburbs area." He replied again.

"Ah. It's like that. I see." Her father said the smile in her father's face faded just then. Jongkook realized that and he felt a little uncomfortable when her father gulped his wine again.

"But your mother's restaurant's profit must be pretty high since your tuition is counted as expensive." Her father added again. That's right. The architecture department's tuition is expensive although the medical department's tuition is still more expensive.

"My college tuition is 100% covered by the scholarship I earned during the earlier years." Jongkook added while Jihyo can't help it anymore.

"Abeoji. Stop it." She maintained calm because she doesn't want to create a scene here.

"Smart kid." Her father mumbled and again gulping his wine. His face doesn't show any interest anymore in asking the guy in front of him who's his daughter's boyfriend. He can't think straightly of how his daughter met this guy and how they could managed to date. The three of them remained silent until Jihyo can't hold it anymore. She grabbed Jongkook's arm and right when she stood up, there's a guy who approached where they were seated.

"Chairman song!" He greeted and bowed to Jihyo's father.

"CEO Jo!" Jihyo's father greeted back cheerfully and offered a handshake. Jongkook bet that this CEO Jo must a heir of another business group that's as huge as Jihyo's father. The way they greeted each other tell all of it.

From the way CEO Jo looked, he doesn't seem to be a man in his 30s. Probably still in his middle 20s but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter