Dreams Do Come True

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two love birds finally manage to get back together after the little confession they made to each other. From now on, they promise to always be strong for each other and will be supporting each other no matter what. Today, Jongkook gathered all of his courage and brought the fruit that he bought earlier with him as he’s on his way visiting Jihyo’s father. It’s his first time seeing him again after 4 years.

He entered the room carefully with Jihyo. He really can’t hide his nervousness although Jihyo has been consoling her saying that it’s okay. He doesn’t have to worry that much as the Kim Jong Kook 4 years ago and the present Kim Jong Kook is different. He’s no more an intern or either part-time worker. He’s now a chief in architect department and a businessman. He doesn’t wear plain t-shirt and shorts like he did back then but a suit and tie instead. He has his own car, apartment and a bright career. She’s pretty much sure that her father will definitely change his mind.

“Annyeonghasimnikka, Chairman Song.” Jongkook greeted and bowed to him. Jongkook wasn’t expecting anything but surprisingly Jihyo’s father smiled to him.

“Thank you for visiting me, Jongkook ah.” Her father said in friendly tone. “You don’t have to trouble yourself, Jongkook ah. You’re a busy man.” Her father reacted when Jongkook handed him a basket of fruits he bought earlier.

“That’s okay. I’m hoping that you’ll recover son, hwijangnim.” Jongkook replied in polite way.

Seeing that the two guys seemed to be okay with each other made Jihyo a little relieved. “Abeoji, oppa. I’m going to grab some snacks okay?” Jihyo said and left the room while Jongkook was giving her a sign like ‘what are you doing?!’

After Jihyo left, Jongkook felt a little awkward as he doesn’t know what to talk to Jihyo’s dad. “Jongkook ah. How are you doing all this while?” Her father asked.

“I’m doing fine. Thanks for asking.”

“What about your mother and sister?” Her father asked again.

“Both of them are doing fine as well. My mother’s business is running well and my sister has been studying well too.”

“Good to hear that.”

“Ne.”

And then it turned awkward again. “Jongkook ah. I have a favor to ask.” Her father said suddenly.

“What is it, hwijangnim?” Jongkook asked back.

“Could you please take a very good care of my daughter like what you did before? Because I know that I can’t manage to do that as a father.” Her father said and made Jongkook a little agape. What does he mean?

“Hwijangnim. What do you mean?”

“Jongkook ah. Do you think I don’t know what have been going between you two? I saw sparks on both of your gaze when you look at each other. I have never saw Jihyo looked at people like the way she looked at you. She’s my daughter, Jongkook ah. My only daughter. I know her and after what you have been through with her, I’m sincerely asking you this favor. So that if one day I’ll leave this world, I don’t have to worry anymore.” Her father said sincerely and made Jongkook surprised as well. For some reason, he felt like he’s getting a blessing from his future father-in-law.

“Yes, hwijangnim. You don’t have to ask because I will sincerely do that with all my heart. I will take care of her, love her, cherish her and I promise that I will give her a good life and better than the life she has now.”Jongkook replied and made her father smiled in satisfaction.

“Don’t break your promise, okay? Jongkook ah. I don’t trust people easily but now I trust you with my most precious jewel which is my daughter. Don’t misuse my trust, okay?”

“Ne, hwijangnim. You can count on me.” Jongkook said firmly.

“Don’t call me hwijangnim outside the office. Call me abeonim, instead.” Her father’s last sentence before Jihyo came inside really made him shocked. He was like ‘YEAH! FINALLY!’

**

After a while of talking and chit chatting with Jihyo and her father, Jongkook managed to leave as the day is getting darker while Jihyo wants to stay and asked Jongkook to just fetch her from the hospital. Jongkook agreed to do so. He walked happily to the exit and he already feel like jumping from happiness. He simply can’t wait till he reaches home so that he could express his happiness because if he does it now, people might think that he’s a runaway patient from the physiatrist department.

He walked with a wide smile on his face but that smile faded when he saw Jo In-Sung is already standing in front of him. The tension between these two men is never good. “It has been a while, Kim Jong Kook or should I say Chief Kim?” In-Sung said, half mocking.

“Ya. I have no intention to fight with you. Move!” Jongkook said as he still remember that In-Sung once said that he’s a sick player while the fact is that it’s always his girlfriend who confessed and he’s always the one who get dumped!

“Do I say that I want to fight with you?” In-Sung said.

Jongkook sighed. “That’s good then and one more thing, CEO Jo. Please don’t make false rumors of people that you don’t even know and stop spreading false words while you yourself don’t even know the truth. You know that real man doesn’t talk a lot?” Jongkook sarcasm in the end.

“Ya! What do you mean?” In-Sung asked in confuse.

“If I’m a sick player what about you? I always saw you hanging out with a lot of girls but still remained single. At least I’m not giving false hopes to girls that I don’t have any intention to date.” Jongkook said in annoyed tone.

“Are you stalking on me? Ya! You sick stalker!” In-Sung replied in annoyed tone as well.

“If I’m a stalker then you’re a sick girly bastar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter