Melting ice

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, your parents divorced and you lived apart from your oppa since you’re 4?” Jongkook asked her in pity. It must be so hard for her. He's the first person that she could tell about her family. She really trust him.

“Maybe the right way to describe it is, I’m living with nannies since then. My father has been paying them to take care of me since he’s rarely home” Jihyo said and forced a smile. It’s the very first time that she’s able to open her heart to a person. It’s the very first time that she’s able to trust a person in her life. It’s the very first time she has someone that she could rely on.

“Jihyo ya” Jongkook called gently. She looked at those small eyes of him who has been looking at her. That voice. That gentle yet sweet voice of him somehow soothes her heart so much that she could wish you could hear it everyday. She wondered why this person in front of her could be so perfect in her eyes. His precious silky hair that has been dyed in golden-brown color and combed tidily, his small yet captivating eye, his pointed nose along with his perfect jawline that shows masculine figure and not to forget his kissable thin lips. Every parts of him never fail to mesmerize her as deep inside her heart she has always wanting to see his face or even hear his voice again and again. The scent that comes from his body feels so addicting and made her wanted to always near her.  Why everything about him seems so addicting?


“Please remember that you have me with you. I’ll be the shoulder that you could lean on. I’ll be a brother to you when your real brother is not here for you. I’ll be there for you” Jongkook said sincerely and sincerity really melts Jihyo’s heart. No one was ever this sincere to her. Not even her father. Actually there’s a person who Jihyo could trust in this world before Jongkook’s presence. It’s her brother, her one and only brother. Song Ji-Hoon. Ji-Hoon is somehow a perfect brother in her eyes.

Although they didn’t live together since young age, Ji-Hoon still managed to visit her often. With his presence, Jihyo didn’t feel empty as Ji-Hoon promised that he’ll always stay by her side. When Ji-Hoon left Korea to Germany, she’s mad at him. So mad until she didn’t even send him or saw him the last time at the airport. She left Ji-Hoon no choice but to left her instead since Ji-Hoon pleaded for her apologies so much but she didn’t give a damn to him. That was the first time, someone she trusted left her. She was in middle school that time and she swore not to trust anyone anymore but things change when he met this muscled man with charming face.

“Could you really keep that promise?” She asked back with her eyes starring in his eyes. She’s serious with what she’s saying.
“Ne. I won’t just promise but I’ll really prove it because action speaks louder than words right?” Jongkook replied and smiled widely to convince her.

“Thank you” She replied him with smile too. Seeing Jihyo’s smile really soothes Jongkook’s heart as he didn’t have any chance to see her smile during the first time they met. He never knew the little accident he had when the first time they met could draw her closer to him. Closer than he ever predicted.

“But Jihyo ya” Jongkook called again.

“Ne?” She asked.

“But I didn’t come from rich family. I’m not an heir of big corporation. I’m just a part-time worker. I don’t own any cars. I don’t have so much money in my bank account. I don’t…..” Jongkook said but before he finished Jihyo already placed her hands into his and squeeze it.

“Do you think money is the only thing that matters in this world? Money is not the most important in this cruel world. Money can’t buy trust. I trust you and I don’t care from what family you came from. As long as you can keep your words, I’m all okay. I won’t get close to you this far if I consider people from how much money they own.” Jihyo said sincerely as well. Jongkook smiled as he’s grateful that he met her. So far, she’s the first girl who can make his heart to pound this fast.

After a little chat with Jihyo, Jongkook decided to leave since the time has come for Jongkook to go back as he needs to work.
“Thank you for today, Jongkook oppa” Jihyo said when she sent him back. She stopped a while before she said ‘Jongkook oppa’.
“Ne. Will you be okay alone here?” Jongkook asked his concern.
“I’ve here alone since my high schools days oppa. Of course, I’ll be okay” She replied firmly.

“If anything happens or when you need me, don’t hesitate to call me okay?” Jongkook said and gently her hair. She looked at his muscular arms which her hair and made her feel special. Yes, special.

“Ne. Just go or you’ll be late” Jihyo said and Jongkook pouted just then.

“Are you kicking me out?” Jongkook said like he’s annoyed.

“I’m not. Just…”

“Arasso! I’ll go then. Jalgara!” Jongkook said and waved his hand as he’s going out from her penthouse. She waved back just then and didn’t forget to smile as well.

Just then, she felt special. Now she has someone she can trust. She has someone who concerns for her. She has someone who could be there for her. The most important, she has someone she can lean on. She smiled while remembering the time Jongkook taught her how to cook kimchi stew. How she guided her hand to stir the stew. She giggled by her own when she remembered that moment and she smiled even more when she remembered that she was still wearing his oversized t-shirt.

**

It has been almost a week since the last time Jongkook visited Jihyo’s penthouse. They met pretty often since Jihyo always spare h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter