Trying to know her well

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks to Kim Jong Kook who offered an umbrella to Jihyo since the rain has gotten heavier than before. 

 “If I take this umbrella, what about you?” She asked with a cold stare.

 “I guess you need this more than I do” He replied her with a smile.

 “How can you say so?”

 “Do you think I can go with my motorbike on heavy rain like this?”

 “If that’s so, let me give you a ride home” She offered.

 “It’s okay, Jihyo-Ssi. I don’t want to bother you and it’s impossible to leave my motorbike here.” He rejected politely.

 “Will you really be okay, Jongkook-Ssi?” She asked. 

 “Thanks for concerning, Jihyo-Ssi. Just go before the sky gets dark” 

 “Ne. Thank you” She received the umbrella and left him behind. She walked a few steps and looked behind. She saw Kim Jong Kook who’s waving at her and shouted ‘see you tomorrow!’ but she didn’t give any respond. She just kept on walking until she reached her car. Thanks to that umbrella that now she’s not soaked in rain.

 When she entered her car, she didn’t directly start the engine, instead she’s kind lost in her deep thought. Her thought about the guy she bumped into last few weeks. The guy who’s strong enough to bear with her coldness, the guy who’s kind enough to over her a ticket for free and an umbrella for her and the first guy who assume her as a friend, Kim Jong Kook. She has never thought of a person this far. Why? Why would she think of him? After getting herself together, she started the engine and she drove carefully as it’s still raining. When she’s about to go out from that area, she looked at him again as he’s still waiting there. She looked at him for the last time before she really leaves that place to her house. 

 **

 When Jihyo stepped into her house, she saw a man sitting there with a newspaper on his hands and a cup of coffee on the table. She didn’t have any will to argue or talk with that man. So, she just walked as no one was there.

 “Your father is here and yet you just walked like nothing happened?” He said. Yes, he’s her father. The chairman of one of the most powerful business group in Korea, Song Im Hyuk. 

 “Joesonghabnida” She said and bowed to him before she tried to walk away.

 “Take a seat” He said. She doesn’t have any choice but to obey him. 

 “What’s the matter?” She asked coldly.

 “How’s college” He asked and take a sip of his coffee.

 “Good” She replied shortly.

 “Are you sure it’s good?” Her father said and looked directly at her.

 “More than just sure” She replied firmly and looked at him too right in his eyes as she’s challenging a fight to him.

 “Lower your eyes. You’re talking to your father!!” He yelled and she rolled her eyes. 

 “The dean has contacted me recently” He added.

 “So what?” She replied lazily. 

 “Song Ji Hyo! Stop creating trouble! If you make the dean to contact me in person, indirectly you’re embarrassing me!” He yelled again.

 “Abeoji. I’m pretty sure that I have never done anything bad in the campus. Ask wether the dean, counselor, professor or whoever to stop exaggerating. I’m just trying my best to live my pathetic life.” She said and stood up as she’s ready to leave.

 “I haven’t finished talking to you!” He raised his voice at her. 

 “I should have just followed oppa’s path” She smirked. 

 “Don’t you dare to mention that stupid brat here!” her father yelled again and yet she doesn’t turn back. She just went straightly to her room. 

 She has a brother. An older brother. She envied him so much that she wish she could just follow his life path but seems like the fear inside herself doesn’t allow her to. Her brother, Song Ji Hoon is currently an industrial engineering student in a university in Germany. Her brother’s destiny seemed to be a little better than hers. Their parents divorced and their mother moved to America after that. Until now she didn’t give any news and they also don’t know about where she is. Her brother chose to live with their grandmother when he was 10 while she’s just a 4 years old who knew nothing and lived with her father until now. 

 Her brother had a big fight with their father back then when he decided to study engineering because their father strictly against that will but what can he do? Ji Hoon’s will is stronger than he believed and he’s braver than he believed. Her father swore not to give him a penny for his tuition fee if he insisted to choose the engineering major and that motivated him to get a scholarship. After getting a scholarship in a university in Germany, he went right away without telling his father. That made him mad. Real mad and until now, they haven’t spoke a word. Their father didn’t even came to his graduation but Ji Hoon did really prove to his father that he could still live without his support. 

 **

 It has been about 3 weeks since the exhibition. Jihyo and Jongkook did meet pretty often in the coffee shop where Jongkook works but not everyday since you know, she only comes or absent as how she likes. Jongkook did ask her about her condition, about her college lessons and even about the journalistic team but still she just replied him a little. No matter how hard he tried to make her speak more, he always fails. She never speaks more than 10 words in each sentence. Really. 

 A light beep from Jihyo’s phone took her distraction. Her phone never really active as she rarely use her phone. She mostly use emails rather than phone calls. She has less than 10 people in her contacts. Those people are her father, her father’s secretary, her father’s office, home and Kim Jong Kook. 

 She scrolled through her phone as she’s a little curious on who texted her. As she predicted, it’s Kim Jong Kook. 

 The text sou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter