Bonus chapter: Our Bittersweet Marriage Life

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, i did say that i won't be writing spartace story for a while. Yes that's true but i can't lie that i kinda miss writing about them. So, this is a little gift for my spartace friends. I hope you haven't forget the storyline of this story since this is kinda like the sequel of the story and i did re-read the previous comments that some people asked for a sequel and this bonus chapter is for you guys :)

Give some feedbacks after reading it because writing is not easy.

Thanks for reading :)

**

"Marriage is about becoming a team. You're going to spend the rest of your life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you'll always figure out the way through it." - Nicholas Sparks.

Jihyo sighed in anger when she looked at the clock. It's already 1AM but Jongkook still hasn't reach home. She has been waiting in the couch and try her best not to fall asleep while waiting for her husband. She admit it that she was wrong for yelling at Jongkook this morning during breakfast. She planned to apologize tonight. She even cooked his favourite dish but seems like Jongkook doesn't seem wanting to know since he left the house without saying anything. Usually he will give her a kiss on either her forehead or her lips and tell her that he loves her but he doesn't do that recently as they kept on arguing and bickering recently. The argument on this morning was not the first time they argued in front of their 6 years old daughter, Kim So-Eun. So-Eun was born a year after their marriage.

Flashback

Jihyo was preparing the breakfast for the three of them. For herself, Jongkook and their daughter, So-Eun. She didn't woke Jongkook up like she did usually because she's still a little annoyed with Jongkook. He arrived home around 11PM and refused to answer Jihyo's question and only saying that he's tired.

"Why didn't you woke me up? I'm almost late." Jongkook said while sighing. He's still showing his sour face and that annoys Jihyo a lot.

Jihyo took a seat beside him and in front of their daughter. So-Eun usually greet her father a good morning but seeing Jongkook's current expression kinda scare her a little bit and she chose to just stay silent. "Then come home earlier so that you can sleep longer." Jihyo replied with annoyed tone.

Jongkook knew that their conversation right now will lead them to argument and he doesn't want to argue in front of their daughter so that he decided to not answer Jihyo's words. "So-Eun ah. How's school? Do you study well?" Jongkook turned to his daughter who kept silent just now.

So-Eun is currently on her first year of elementary school. So-Eun nodded her head lightly while munching her food. "Ne. I did very well and yesterday seonsaengnim said that my math score is the first in class." So-Eun replied.

Jongkook smiled and So-Eun's hair gently. Which father in the world that's not happy if his daughter is doing well in studying? She's definitely inheriting her parents' genes. Both of her parents are smart and good looking. No wonder that So-Eun is almost smart and looking pretty. It's all about her parents' good genes. "Keurae. You did very well. Appa is so proud of you. Shall we go on vacation this summer?" Jongkook said.

So-Eun's eyes widen in excitement when hearing what her father said. "Jinjja?!" She squaled in excitement.

"Don't make promise that you can keep." Jihyo added in between.

"I will make sure to keep this one. So-Eun will always be my priority." Jongkook replied without looking at Jihyo.

"We need to talk." Jihyo said while looking sharplu at him.

"Not now." Jongkook replied and try his best to control his voice since So-Eun is in front of them.

"Until when we're going to avoid each other?!" Jihyo raised her voice suddenly as she can't hold it anymore.

During the earlier stage of their marriage, they were such a lovely dovey couple. Jongkook will do everything for her, fullfil her wish and showered her with sweet words. Their happiness increased when So-Eun came to their life. The bond between them is getting closer as Jongkook was so protective over her during her pregnancy. Jihyo is still working as a CEO in the company she used to work at while Jongkook already resigned and build his own construction enterprise. Both of them were busy. Very busy indeed that they have to hire a nanny to take care of So-Eun. While Jongkook is busy building his own company and Jihyo is busy leading her company as well, So-Eun grew up with only a nanny on her side. She has always wonder why her parents are rarely home? Why her parents never play with her? Why her parents rarely spent time with her?

As both Jihyo and Jongkook are busy with their own career, they both drew apart. They rarely see each other and rarely talk to each other. Jongkook was the busiest among them. He really put all of his effort and everything to his own business empire because So-Eun was just one year old back then. He ought to work hard for her daughter's future right. The worked so hard until he forgets that he has a wife and a daughter waiting for him at home. Both of them had talked about this matter and both of them agreed that they will spend more time with each other and their daughter because family always comes first but Jihyo has no idea on why Jongkook always come back home late almost every night recently. He always avoid to answer and that drives Jihyo mad. The thoughts of him cheating has come to her mind but she kept on denying that thoughts because she knew that Jongkook is not that kind of man.

"Jihyo ya. I don't want to argue with you now especially in front of So-Eun." Jongkook replied and again without looking at her.

"Ya! Kim Jong Kook!" She raised her voice again and that annoys Jongkook so much. He already said that he doesn't want to argue in front of their daughter but why she kept on provoking his anger.

Jongkook stand up from his chair and exhaled sharply. "So-Eun ah. Gaja. Appa will send you to school." He said and walked from the dining table. Right after So-Eun walked behind her father, she slammed the spoon in anger.

**

"Where were you?" Jihyo asked when Jongkook arrived home. She was crossing her hands in front of her chest, sitting on the couch. It's 2AM at the moment.

Jongkook widen his eyes in surprise when he see his wife is waiting for him. It's so late already. She should be sleeping. "Jihyo ya. It's so late already. You should be sleeping already." He replied in worried tone. He admit it that he himself is so tired but that doesn't mean he wants to see his wife doing the same thing as well.

Jihyo scoffed. "Ya! Why do you always avoid my question whenever I ask you? Where were you? It's 2AM and which girl are you spending your time with?!" Jihyo can't hold it anymore. She tried her best to not be suspicious towards him but his action is just out of mind.

"Song Ji Hyo. Is it that low you think my love towards you? What kind of man do you think I am? For God's sake. I am your husband! I am the father of your daughter and you're acussing me for something that you know I will never do to you!" Jongkook replied and he raised his voice as well.

She can't hold it anymore. The moment Jongkook raised his voice, her tears started to flow out from her beautiful crystal eyes. "Then answer my question. Why are you always avoiding my question? Even people know how many girlfriends you had before we get married!" She replied.

Jongkook's heart felt like stabbed once he saw his wife's tears. He never meant to make her cry but her accusation right now is too much. "I was from the office. I answered you. Happy?" He sarcasmed. "And one more thing. Yes. I may had so many ex-girlfriends that people used to think that I'm such a sick player but deep inside my heart, I have never waver on who I love. It's you. It's always been you. I will never said the vow if I don't love you. I promised your father that I will take care of you, cherish you and love you till the end of my life and remember when the first time we met? I've always said that I won't make promise that I can't keep." Jongkook replied and went into their room, leaving Jihyo alone in the living room. She drowned her face in her palm. What does his words mean? He treated her coldly just then but his words are just so bold and convincing. What is this man trying to do?

**

It was sunday and Jongkook planned to stay home for one full day. Since the scene that midnight, they didn't talk to each other. It has been two days and Jihyo always tried her best to avoid him. Usually they will sleep in each other's embrace but now they're facing each other's back. She missed him. She really does. It's sunday and Jihyo has gone since morning. Jongkook asked the maid and the maid just said that Jihyo went for some business matter. Jongkook sighed when looking outside the window. He's currently in his own customized library. Is he doing the right thing? But why he's driven apart from Jihyo?

A light knock startled Jongkook. He turned around and saw his little princess was coming through the door with a teddy bear that he got for her from teddy museum at Jeju Island. "Am I disturbing appa?" So-Eun asked firstly because her nanny always say that her parents is busy which is why they are rarely home.

Jongkook chuckled. He liften So-Eun on his arms and placed her on his laps. "Of course not. So-Eunie is appa's princess. Appa will always have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter