Her first phonecall

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eomoni! A bowl of rice again please!” Donghoon shouted as he’s still so hungry.

“Hyung! You have been eating so much already” Kwangsoo told him as he has finished a bowl of rice, a big bowl of soup and a plateful of grilled meat.

“Just shut up. You know how much energy I used. I have been lacking of food since exam” He said as he’s still munching the meat.

“Ya! Don’t talk while you’re munching food, Donghoon ah!” Taehyun said as he’s a little annoyed watching the scene in front of him.

“Mianhae, hyung” Donghoon replied as he swallowed his food already and that time also another bowl of rice arrived to their table.

“Eat well, boys!” a woman who seemed like the owner of the restaurant said and served his bowl or rice along with some snacks.

“Thank you, eomoni!” All of them said at the same time. That time also, a guy approached their table. He’s wearing a knitted sweater, knee-length shorts and a pair of black sneakers. 

“Ah! You guys are here. Eomma, let me help you with that” He said as he’s helping his mom with taking the emptied plates and bowls.

“Ya! Jongkook ah! You know how cold the weather is and yet you’re just wearing shorts? You really wanna catch cold?” His mother scolded.

“That’s right, eomoni. Hyung! Are you’re trying to be strong here?” Kwangsoo added.

“Shut up!” Jongkook said and hit his head. 

“Hyung! It hurts!” Kwangsoo said and rubbed his head.

“Jongkook ah! What are you doing? He’s our customer. Behave well! Kwangsoo ya. Is it that hurt?” she scolded her son again.

“Eomma! He’s just exaggerating. I’m sure he doesn’t feel anything” Jongkook defended.

“Exaggerating or not you shouldn’t have hit him. How’s Ah-Ran? Did she leave already?” 

“Yes. I brought her to her school safely already” 

If you’re wondering where they are right now, they’re currently at Jongkook’s mother’s restaurant. No. It’s not a big one. It’s just a small restaurant in the suburbs area. Somehow, Jongkook is actually grateful to have friends like them because four of them live at the centre of the city yet they want to hang out at his mother’s restaurant which is pretty far from the city. Jongkook is currently living with his mother and his little sister, Kim Ah Ran who’s currently in her first year of high school.

His family was once a happy family but it doesn’t last long as he expected. His father died when he was 13 and his sister was just 7 that time. Their father died due to the building collapses. If only his father didn’t visit that building construction, he should be fine until now. His father was a general contractor.  His father occupation in the past leads him to choose architecture as his further studies. When his father died, he left nothing but debts. His mother has to give up on everything and started from the bottom. Thankfully, his family is in better condition now. 

“Ya! Kwangsoo ya, Donghoon ah. Do you know the latest news about our lovely friend over here?” Taehyun said and embraced Jongkook by his shoulder playfully.

“What? What? What news?” Jongkook yelled at him.

“You don’t have to yell okay! How’s the date?” Taehyun asked and that almost make Donghoon choked. 

“Date? Hyung got a date? Wow. Finally!” Donghoon said as he’s tapping Jongkook’s shoulder. 

“What date? Ya! Don’t spread unnecessary rumors!” Jongkook said and glared at Taehyun.

“Who’s his date?” Kwangsoo asked he’s anticipating as well.

“Make sure to not be surprised if I tell you who she is” Taehyun said as he’s chuckled when he saw how excited Kwangsoo and Donghoon were.

“Just tell who she is!”

“It’s Song Ji Hyo” 

“WHAT?!” Donghoon and Kwangsoo shouted in shock at the same time and that made some people looked at their direction directly. 

“Ya! Do you know how embarrassing you two were! And you! Don’t spread unnecessary rumors! It’s not a date okay!” Jongkook defended. 

“Not a date you say? It was just two of you. You styled your hair and shaved as well. You say it’s not a date?” Taehyun said.

“It’s not okay. Isn’t it a normal thing to style my hair and shave? It’s a good thing to be tidy you know” again he defended. 

“Hyung! Seeing you defended this much makes me feel more suspicious you know” Kwangsoo said and received a light smack from Jongkook on his head.

“Jongkook ah. Why did you defended like a teenagers who’s caught dating? As I said, it’s also a normal thing to go on a date. We’re adults already. It’s not wrong okay to go on a date” Taehyun advised.

“What Taehyun hyung said was right. It’s not wrong. Isn’t nice to call our campus’ ice queen, hyungsoo-nim” Donghoon joked.

“Ya! Do all of you think I have that so much courage to date her? I’m also aware of my status and hers. Her father is one of the wealthiest businessman in the country and also a powerful one while I can’t even afford half of my tuition fee in that university without scholarship” Jongkook said and his statement just now made all of them feel guilty and stayed silent for a while. Yes, Jongkook’s life is not as lucky as them. He has to work more than them. The university he attends nowadays is considered as one of the most luxury university in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter