Why is it so painful?

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo took a very deep breath before finally pressing the door knob and entering the meeting room which is full with people who are waiting for her already. She tried her best to hide her nerve and smiled widely. She walked through the center of the room and looked at everyone who’s standing. Her eyes stopped at a man who’s standing at the middle section in the left side. Why is he here? Is it him? Kim Jong Kook, is that you? Her heart kept on asking if that young man in suit is him or not. She felt like she’s lost for a while when their eyes met but seconds later, she realized where she is now.

“Annyeonghasimnikka. I’m Song Ji Hyo and from today I’ll start working as the new CEO here. Please take care of me.” She introduced herself politely and bowed to everyone. Everyone was clapping and cheering for her except the young man who didn’t do anything but just starring at her. She tried her best to smile at everyone and everyone seemed to do the same thing by replying her smile but when she tried to take a glance at that young man, he wasn’t smiling at her but he was definitely looking at her with a cold expression. Pain is so visible in his eyes and from his expression but Jihyo could careless and tried to be as professional as she can. They need to talk.

The meeting was going smooth and fine until there goes the chief of architecture department to present his and his team’s work. Jihyo couldn’t stop looking at him and kept on thinking how much he has changed. No. Nothing changed from him. His face is still the same except for his hair. Well, it’s way cooler than the one she used to see 4 years ago. Nothing really changes except for his gaze and expression. Jihyo find it rather unfamiliar with Jongkook’s cold expression. He’s always cheerful back then. He smiled although his heart is frowning but why that thing didn’t appear in his face anymore? Why he has to show people his cold expression?

He started with bowing to everyone before starting his presentation. His charm is still the same. He really has his own way to gathered people’s attention to him. Jihyo couldn’t help but to smile in satisfaction while enjoying his presentation. It has been a while, oppa. Jihyo didn’t know how long the presentation has taken the time but it felt so short for her as his presentation has ended. They started discussing again and after 2 hours, they finally come to a deal.

Everyone was greeting Jihyo when they’re going out from the room as they could see that she’s such a capable leader. For some reason, she really hopes that Jongkook will approach her and asked how’s her studies or life or something like that. Even they’re each other ex, they’re still friends right?

Just right when Jongkook was about to arrive in front of her, she smiled. “Jong….” She tried to call him but he didn’t even take a glance at her. He walked past her like he saw no one. She was agape at the moment. This is not the Kim Jong Kook she knew. She knew that she doesn’t have any right to be mad or what but she felt like a slight hurt in her chest when he did so. Why? Why is she feeling so? Why she wish that he would welcome her back? Wait. Is she starting to regret her decision 4 years ago?

**

The scene earlier was still clear in her mind about Jongkook. She’s sure that he recognized her as his eyes widen when their eyes met. Now, she was still thinking of it. She was wandering around the office and surprisingly the employees are greeting her and she felt like the warmness of the people there will make her stay longer than she ever thought. She replied their smile back sincerely too. she’s no more the cold and arrogant lady who used to smirk at people but a friendly and cheerful lady instead.

“Joesonghabnida. I didn’t do that in purpose. I’m really sorry, sajangnim.” A young girl bowed guiltily at Jihyo. She seemed to be so scared when she realized that she bumped into the new CEO.

“It’s okay. Be careful next time okay?” Jihyo said back in friendly tone.

“Kamsahabnida. I’ll be careful next time.” She replied and walked away.

Jihyo just managed to continue her walk since she needs to go back to her office as well. Just when she’s about to continue her step, she heard the girl’s voice again. “Chief Kim!” She called.

Chief Kim. Perhaps? Jihyo couldn’t hold her curiosity but to turn around to see the chief Kim she meant but before that, she took a deep breath before turning. It’s him. Chief kim is Kim Jong Kook. She was observing that girl who’s handing Jongkook a lunch box and Jihyo thought that she might just be his admirer because you know, he’s good looking, smart and now he’s rich. She also thought he was just going to take it and walked away but she’s wrong. He received that lunch box and gave her a genuine smile which surprised Jihyo. He even her hair gently like how he used to do to her. She could see that the two of them were chatting happily and she was observing with her forehead forming a thin line. She couldn’t bear with it anymore and walked away when she saw him pulling her into his embrace. She’s too afraid if she could break down if she’s staying too long.

Who’s that girl? That question kept on lingering through her mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter