Chapter7 - Home

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

15:05

 

Home

 

The sun must be kidding me. I'm nearly blind now, it's so strong. I keep on closing my eyes and covering them with my hand. But I don't want to move. I like the warmth and I like it a lot outside. Going back to that room would be such a waste.

 

The weather is really good today, so I begged the nurse to let me go out. She did, after asking the doctor, but for today my walking session was canceled.

 

I was beginning to feel stiff in the wheelchair and the sunlight was way too insolent.

 

"Aren't you cold?"

 

I raised my eyes fast and squinted into the sun.

 

"I'm not" I answered furtively.

 

The stranger with the black coat smiled as he removed his coat and put it on my shoulders.

 

"Be warm"

 

"Who are.."

 

But he was heading to the building already.

 

My pen was on the ground. It fell earlier when I fell asleep, I needed it now! I opened my diary and read what I've last written four days ago.

 

- 09:20

I woke up because of the scent. At first I thought I was dreaming again, but the scent was still there when I opened my eyes. The roses on my night table were so beautiful. Sehunah, I'll be waiting for you.-

 

If I were myself I would be angry too. Or not angry.. More like confused? Scared to come back? That's why I totally understood him. I missed him too tho. Six days alone were.. Long. I even thought I miscounted them and the nurse was so annoyed when I asked her for the tenth time already. The first two days were longer than the last 4 days.. Because in the last four days, some hope finally rested inside of me, just like the red roses rested on my table.

 

I tried to reach the pen.. This was so impossible, why did it have to fall so far. After struggling with that for a few moments, I decided to just head back to the room.

 

What about the coat tho? I could feel its warmth on my shoulders. Maybe I would find the owner in the lobby? I span the wheelchair and headed to the entrance.

 

There was no one in the lobby. No one who looked like the owner at least. I barely saw his face in the sunlight so I wondered, what if I saw him right now and didn't recognize him?

 

There was a kiddo and his mom, and the kiddo was trying to act childish and lie on the floor, but his mom was on the edge of hitting him, there was a halabuji walking slowly with a nurse. On the waiting seats I saw a pregnant woman, a crying woman, a guy with a cane, and a whole family hugging someone. My eyes moved to the escalators. There was a doctor looking at some papers, and other people I didn't care about.

 

Was I heading to my room earlier? Well right now I was actually sneaking around the whole hospital, wandering in every corner. I even thought I should ask the employee on the reception desk.

 

"Do you perhaps know who the visitor that forgot his coat is?"

 

Just the idea of this made me feel stupid. I turned left in one of the corridors and realized the bitter fact I have hit myself into.

 

Where the hell was I?

 

OK, first in the lobby, then I turned.. Left? Right? How did I get here? The corridor was empty. No one at all. My heart boomed boomed in my chest like drums. Can a person be lost in a hospital? It's not the fact that I was lost that made me los

Please log in to read the full chapter