Chapter20 - Sh*t could be worse

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

11:40

 

could be worse

 

D.O yawned sleepily, not even bothering to cover his mouth. The manager seemed annoyed but he didn't care since he was annoyed of the fact he hasn't slept well last night. Trying his best to stay focused, D.O started to form an apologize sentence in his mind, while waiting for the manager to finish.

He heard the words "disappeared", "awake" which made him even more sleepy, and "punished", which didn't cheer him up at all.

 

"Do you understand, kid?"

 

D.O blinked. What did the manager say? Understand what?!

 

"Yes" he nodded, not knowing what for.

 

"You will act properly!!" The manager fixed his jacket and removed his cap, ran his hand through his black, oily hair, and put the cap back on.

 

"Now down to the van"

 

"I apolo-" the manager ran downstairs. "Never mind" D.O continued to himself, following the rude person in front of him. It was their most annoying and unbelievable manager, and D.O just wondered how come he is not with Lay, hiring lawyers and paying to the journalists who already knew the truth, millions of won to make them shut up and spread false rumors.

 

It wasn't easy to be a manager. Ellie is a manager now. What exactly was she thinking about when she started this job? D.O almost mopped the floor with his face when he missed a step. He cursed and gave a big hug to the guardrail. When he entered the car, Chanyeol threw him a glimpse, thinking that D.O hasn't noticed. But he did notice.

 

"I didn't do anything" he said straightforward, placing himself on the seat behind Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

"Except for visiting Ellie while the manager said no" Baekhyun has decided so stubbornly, to stare out of his window like a boss, but actually he was staring at a tree. D.O desired to hit him.

 

He stared at the manager who was talking on the phone, in front of the van.

 

"It's not like it's wrong."

 

Baekhyun turned his way and met his eyes.

 

"But you will be punished not to get out of the dorm for a month. You see how funny this is" he smirked and this time D.O didn't contemplate. He grabbed Baekhyun and hit him aimlessly. He hit his head hard and leaned back after relief filled his body.

 

"I was joking, the hell this person" Baekhyun laughed, rubbing his head, which obviously hurt like hell. Chanyeol interfered.

 

"You know managers these days are extra careful after what happened with Lay.. And the manager's poisoning too. It's a real bother."

 

D.O nodded.

 

"But you.. You hold some kind of feelings for that manager?"

 

"That's what I thought" Baekhyun threw one of his famous, dirty smirks again.

 

The fire that enter D.O's head made him jump and hit Chanyeol even harder than D.O.

 

"Satansoo mode activated, you're back, Satansoo?" Chanyeol laughed holding his head with his hands, then high fived Baekhyun.

 

"I have feelings for her" D.O talked in the sudden silence. Chanyeol and Baekhyun both stared at him, surprised from this sudden confession, their eyeballs nearly popping out their eyes. "Equal to the feelings I can have for a dead frog." Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed again. It made D.O more annoyed than ever, so he just closed his eyes, pretending to have fun with them.

 

"Now keep it calm, I haven't slept today"

 

- it's not like you can see her, and tell her about Kai today.-

 

D.O hoped for one thing: Ellie to leave the hospital soon and be OK, he had explanations to make.

 

-it's great I don't know her, or their previous relationship- he thought, drowning more and more into his nap.

 

Five minutes have passed! Five! D.O could swear to god he slept only for five minutes, when he felt his manager's rude hand, patting his shoulder aggressively.

 

"Nae?" He opened his eyes and secretly enjoyed the calmess he said this nae with, the quietness of his own voice and the calm expression, drawn on his face.

 

"Ya imma! Wake up. It's been fifteen minutes I'm trying to wake you up"

 

No. Less than five.

 

"Sorry" he murmured and got out the van. The manager slammed the door, almost taking his jacket in the van, but D.O pulled it quickly and tried to hold himself from throwing the most hateful dareful glare at him.

 

It will be over soon. Just get to the building, and the stupid manager will disappear. He closed his eyes and tried to cheer up, despite the fact this was probably the worst day of the year.

 

It was surprisingly crowded in front of SM building. But this was the case everyday now. Lay's drug scandal hasn't been cleared so far. Lay was still arrested, and the journalists didn't even "know" if the rumor is true or not.

 

The manager escourted D.O to the building, hitting people, stabbing people with his elbows, helplessly aiming to the main gates. People were asking so many things, that D.O couldn't even catch the meaning of their words. It all faded away when he entered the building. The noise disappeared as if it never existed.

 

D.O almost jumped from happiness when he knew he was done with the manager for today, when he realized this was actually only the beginning. The manager followed him even in the building. When D.O reached the elevator he faced his manager.

 

"I know the way to the practice room" he said with a tiny voice.

 

"Of course you do" the managed pushed him in the elevator "but I'll stay in case you decide to do something"

 

D.O nodded, giving in any kind of attempt to escape from his manager.

 

The corridor to their practice room was surprisingly noisy, full of back up dancers, idols and he saw Baekhyun and

Please log in to read the full chapter