Chapter25 - The Funeral

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

11:20

 

The Funeral

 

I woke up and almost screamed.

 

"You really scared me!" I exploded in laughter "are you insane?"

 

Sehun was laughing even more than me.

 

"Cute" he my hair.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"I wanted to see you"

 

I looked at myself.. Still in bed, wearing my short pajamas, my hair probably a hot mess.. Why the hell did he come noooow.. I looked probably at my worst.

 

"Close your eyes.. Just wait until I get ready" I blocked his eyes with the palm of my hand and that caused him to smile even more.

 

The thing is.. I felt really guilty for this little dating thingy between us. It was kind of odd even though that's what I wanted in the first place.. But I wished Sehun was a bit more... More careful.. A lot more careful.

 

Sehun removed my hand from his eyes and stared at me. My heart missed a beat. Or it completely stopped.. God knows, but Sehun stood up and his face was so close that I don't have an idea what I had to do right now!

 

"W..what?" I stuttered, while his face approached mine, closer and closer, then just at a millimitres distance I closed my eyes.... But nothing followed.

 

"Cute" Sehun laughed and gently pushed my forehead back with his index.

 

"Ah!" I blushed from embarrassment.

 

"Do you have some sort of expectations?" Sehun mockingly smirked at me "I thought you were more innocent than this."

 

"Expecations museun.. I have no expectations for anything. Wait for me here" I murmured and headed to the bathroom.

 

When people approach you, they would definitely kiss you, why else would they? Or I was really just a ert? I looked at myself at the mirror and opened my mouth in shock.

 

"HOWWWW will he kiss you, you idiot, look at yourself!"

 

My hair looked like .. Well just a nest missing some birds and eggs.. And my eyes were terribly puffy. My face was swollen..

 

"I'll never stay up late again" I lied to myself and washed my face.

 

Sehun was still in the room when I got back, he was standing by the balcony window, looking outside.

 

"Oppa why are you wearing a suit today?" I asked and crossed legs on my bed, enjoying my own view: tall handsome Sehunie with his black suit.

 

"Today I'm going to a funeral." This time he was serious. Maybe even a bit sad.

 

"Whose funeral?"

 

"You are our manager but you don't know my plans?" Sehun smiled joknigly, then added "she was a friend.. Died in an accident."

 

"Ohh" I didn't know what to say "I'm sorry. I'll drive you there."

 

"Kim manager will drive us" Sehun leaned on the wall with grace and  continued "she was actually a really good friend.. Friend of D.O I guess, more than anyone else."

 

"Ah.. But how did she die?"

 

"Hmm fire I heard"

 

My body shook as I got goosebumps. She's not the first one to have died in fire.

 

"What?" Was all I could release.

 

"I'm not sure how the fire started but she had a fireplace at her home.. So that was the main source of it"

 

"But isn't it weird?" I asked

 

"What's weird?" Sehun cocked his head at one side.

 

I kinda didn't want to talk about Kai with him. It may bring him unnecessary sadness, and he was sad enough already from losing another friend.

 

"How she didn't pay attention" I answered.

 

"Well those things happen.. It's just funny. One day you are alive and not only alive but filled with life and joy, you have so many dreams and wishes and plans for the future.. But you may never know everyday may be your last day.. You may never see the ones you love anymore, you may not wake up the next day, you may never achieve those dreams..you just die coldly and nothing matters anymore, as if it wasn't. When you're buried people just kind of.. Forget"

 

I only looked at Sehun and thought about it. He was right. Kai died and left so many things behind him, his friends and his career, and his family, his dreams whatever they were. But he was certainly not forgotten.

 

"Oppa don't say that people forget.. The ones who love you will never forget you."

 

Sehun smiled, maybe sarcastically.

 

"You think? I know a person who's forgotten by the ones he loved the most" his smile disappeared and his face looked so tired now "don't leave me" he said implorongly, and it broke my heart.

 

It was the moment I saw him for real, just a child who had his own fears, who wanted to stay close to me. I went to him and hugged him tightly, placing my head on his chest.

 

"Hey.. Don't worry so much, I'll be always here" I gently assured him. "Were you worrying this whole time? That I'd disappear?"

 

"No" he lied.

 

"Pabo" I smiled and hugged him even tighter "I'm not going anywhere"

 

I wish I haven't spoken those words that day. I didn't know they would leave only scars on his genuine heart. But who would have thought..

 

.....

 

It was warm outside, I was wearing only my black short dress, holding my purse. Sehun removed his jacket and placed it on my shoulders, until we reached my car.

 

Kim manager would drive only a part of Exo, I heard.. The funeral would be huge, with all the idols the girl knew, she had many fans as well, but I wasn't sure if they were coming.

 

"Oppa.. After the funeral, do you want to go for a walk?" I asked, not even caring if someone will see us. I just needed him to relax, because he was so tense and stressed out.

 

"Sure" he smiled and took my hand in his.

 

If people found out we were dating we would be seriously doomed, I knew it well.. That's why we could use our only weapon if rumors arose: that we're best friends. Best friends hang out together, I tried to convince myself, it's not even weird. They spend a lot of time together and stuff.

 

"Oppa .. You know my dad actually thinks I'll remember something from the job right now, but I just can't remember anything" I said. The only thing I've remembered so f

Please log in to read the full chapter