Chapter11 - The Bridge

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

04:15

 

The bridge

 

My cheeks will rip soon. I'm so happy. The smile drawn on my face may be scary, but when I try to stop smiling I smile even more. It's all your fault, Sehunie.

 

The piano looks so beautiful today. I'm staring at the red flowers for ages now, more breathless than ever. They have arrived exactly at 08:00am as the maid has told me. This time, I told the maids to put them in water, and not dispose them, even if they fade. I lightly knocked on the glass vase with my index. If someone saw me staring at those roses for hours, they would probably think I'm mad, but I didn't really care. If only I could take long walks, I would jump and run and scream to the world what those roses mean to me.

 

A knock on my door prevented me from gaping at the roses more.

 

"Who is it?"

 

One of the maids appeared in front of me.

 

"Miss, your father has just called me. He says it's OK for you to get back to your room.. When would you like to move upstairs?"

 

Wow! So I would finally get to see my room with all my belongings, my bed, my furniture, the clothes I haven't seen yet, the bathrooms, the.. Do I have a balcony?

 

"Do I have a balcony?" I asked the maid, to which she replied

 

"Nae, Ellie ssi"

 

I thought a bit.

 

"Do I have a piano there?"

 

"No, Ellie ssi"

 

This was sad.. A bit.

 

"Can you move it there? Upstairs?"

 

"I'll ask your father, Ellie ssi"

 

"Thank you.. I'm moving right away."

 

The maid bowed and let me take the key of my room. After I received it, I stood and headed towards the door, but I stopped right there.

 

"I want to see my roses there"

 

The maid bowed again, as she let other maids to the room to bring the luggage they have temporarily stored in my current room.

 

Climbing the stairs for the first time was not as easy as I expected it to be. There were less than fifteen steps and yet, when I reached the second floor I was gasping for air.

 

The second floor was so big. My room was the last one on the left, I opened it and entered tho huge room.

 

My bed was large, and I had a lot of book shelves. There was a big desk at the end of the room. Another door led to my dressing room, in which a person could be lost. There was a big mirror there and I stared at myself. Yeah.. My smile was scary, I've probably creeped out the maid earlier. I closed the dressing room and went to the balcony. It was huge and nice, but full of snow. Back in the room I headed towards the desk and opened one of the locked drawers. There were plenty of papers and pictures, from which I took one.

 

"Ellie ssi"

 

My maid entered the room, and I panicky closed the drawer.

 

"Your father has arrived with the doctor, he wants to examine you."

 

I nodded and left the room.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo" I greeted both my dad and the doctors downstairs.

 

The doctor was sitting on the couch, opposite my dad.

 

"So you're saying she can work soon?"

 

The doctor noticed me and bowed.

 

"How are you, Ellie ssi? So far, you've been doing well. I think going outside will be easier than we have expected"

 

This made my smile even larger.

 

"You can try to go outside, but not for long distances." He turned to my father "I advice she goes with a car if she wants to walk, and walk for relatively short distances.. 200 metres will be a good start."

 

"As for work" he said "Ellie ssi, are you ready to work again?"

 

He turned to my father.

 

"Too much work may cause her unwanted pressure. If she wants to work she can, but.."

 

<
Please log in to read the full chapter