Chapter18 - Night

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

22:22

 

Night

 

Ellie's pale face frightened him, more than anything. He saw her once like this. That day, he thought it was over. He didn't know.. Should he be happy or sad?

 

But it wasn't over. She was alive, and he realized this was one of those rare moments, which happened in his life, which he called happy.

 

"Who gave this bag to Jongdae earlier today?" The manager asked again.

 

The restaurant's kitchen was grave silent. Chen looked more worried than anyone. His face was pale as well, but not as much as Ellie. D.O tried to forget how she looked like when he last saw her.

 

"Jongdae.. Are you sure you didn't see the person's face?"

 

Chen took a deep breath, getting paler and paler, and repeated it for the tenth time already.

 

"It was a girl, I'm sure." He confusedly uttered "she covered with a white mask, she wore an apron. I thought she works here"

 

"This is serious" Kim manager told the chef "if it wasn't EXO's manager, one of the members would be seriously poisoned."

 

The chef looked worried as well.

 

"I assure you, Kim manager ssi, that all of my workers are trust worthy. I promise you the one who did this won't be left unpunished. Until then, I hope you leave it in my hands."

 

Then he bowed apologetically.

 

"Hyung"

 

Chen didn't respond, or he didn't hear D.O.

 

"Hyung" D.O held his hand, that's when Chen "woke up" from his thoughts.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Don't worry a lot"

 

Chen nodded his head, but the amount of guit he felt right now could be easily caught in the air.

 

"It's not your fault, Jongdae" the manager added "come, let's go"

 

The van was quiet. D.O found himself staring at the passing lights, blurring before his eyes. His head pulsed a in harmony with his heart. He closed his eyes.

 

"It's a sasaeng, I'm sure" he heard Suho's voice "sasaengs never care about a thing."

 

"This can't be sasaeng" Xiumin exclaimed "if it was sasaeng, she wouldn't do this, she's an antifan.. A hater"

 

Suho sighed.

 

"This can be anyone" D.O murmured, his eyes still closed.

 

"It's an antifan" Xiumin insisted "I bet it was an antifan"

 

"You can't just bet, this is serious" D.O opened his eyes and stared at Xiumin fiercely.

 

"OK.." Xiumin answered him when he saw his face "just an opinion.. Calm down"

 

"I think it was an antifan too" D.O added, to which Xiumin exhaled in relief.

 

Jongdae was staring at the window, gritting his teeth.

 

"Cheer up" D.O shouted, from which Chen jumped shocked.

 

"Cheer up, ya.. Don't act like a crybaby.. She's alive"

 

Chen stared at him, Suho stared at him, Xiumin stared at him, the manager threw him a stare from the mirror.

 

"What? She's not even dead, why are you all so down?"

 

Suho opened his mouth and closed it.

 

"Chen would be dead tho, if he ate this sushi" Xiumin said.

 

"But he's not. He's alive, Ellie manager is alive, we are all alive. Let's not act to sad.. Can we"

 

Chen exploded.

 

"Ya.. Can you show a bit of emotions? I'm beginning to think you wouldn't care if she died.. Or any of us"

 

D.O sank his claws into the seat.

 

"I didn't say that" he answered quietly "I said you are overreacting right now, all of you"

 

No one answered.

 

"Guys, we're almost at the dorm, calm down"

 

Chen stood up and hit his head in the car's ceiling.

 

"Hey I thought we were going to the hospital" he exclaimed, rubbing his head, which as D.O noticed, seemed to hurt a lot from the hit.

 

"Aniii.. No going anywhere, we don't want any accidents" the manager threw him a look and continued to drive.

 

"Yaaa" Chen attempted attacking the manager again, but the death glare he threw him, put Chen into silent mode. He turned his head to the window and drowned into his calm, worrying silence again.

 

It was him, Xiumin, Su

Please log in to read the full chapter