Chapter10 - Red Roses

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

03:00

 

Red Roses

 

His lady was beautiful. Not a normal beauty. Breathing steadily, in her bed, quiet like the night, her breathing meant to him more than anything he would imagine. More than life itself, more than the stars and the moon and the sky and all the world's wonders, gathered together. More than his own self.

 

His lady was far from him. Unapproachable, unreachable.

 

The house looked so dark, but he immediately recognized which room is the one with the open window. Weak light was crawling out of the window, leaving a bright trace on the snow.

 

D.O stared at the house direction for a few minutes, until he decided to leave the place.

 

It was so late, then why was he here? He remembered he had nightmares again. Suho told him he knew about his little secret, and Ellie told him he was the worst thing in her life. And she has remembered. D.O tried to defend himself but nothing worked. The world knew who he was.

 

"Why are you here so late?"

 

"Leave me alone"

 

D.O entered his room, ignoring Lay's shadow that followed him even when he got in his own room. He slowly unbottoned his shirt.

 

"Where were you? Don't let me ask you again"

 

"You'll wake up the others." D.O pointed at Chen who was sleeping peacefully.

 

He was at the fifth button when Lay violently pushed him outside the room and closed the door.

 

"Where were you? I'm asking you for the last time."

 

D.O knocked him down with a look.

 

"You said that already!"

 

"You're not going to mess with me"

 

Before D.O could think, he was on the floor, seeing only Lay's face,with features  cut in an ugly mask of anger.

 

"What did you do? Who was it this time? Who?"

 

Lay dumped his fist into his jaw, D.O chocked with the taste of metal that filled his mouth.

 

"It's Jongin's birthday, you ? What did you do? WHAT?"

 

"What's going on here? Get off him!!"

 

Suho pulled Lay away from D.O. D.O slowly raised himself up, and spat a tooth, mixed with blood. His unbottoned shirt was stained with the blood and one of the buttons has fallen from the pull. D.O picked the tooth and the button from the floor and threw a death glare at Lay.

 

"YOU'RE MAD" Suho turned from Lay to D.O "what happened here? No! I don't want to listen. Both of you, go to sleep, and tomorrow we'll talk.. we don't want to wake the.."

 

"What's going on here?"

 

Chen's head popped out from the opened door of his room, followed by his topless body.

 

"I heard you both talking. Something about being somewhere. What's going on? Why are you bleeding?" He asked D.O to which D.O frowned, without answering.

 

"I have to say this, because it can't last any longer" Lay was shaking, from excitement, D.O thought. Excitement over nothing.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Lay" Suho shot Lay with a warning glare, and gave a hand to D.O to help him stand up.

  

"I cannot not start! This can't be ignored! He's a criminal! How can we allow this in our group? How can we allow it in general??"

 

Chen laughed, which made D.O's heart flutter.

 

"Isn't this funny?" He said "I mean.. Taking weed isn't a crime nowadays, wanting to.."

 

"He's not taking weed" Lay interrupted him to which Chen rolled his eyed.

 

"What then?"

 

"He's.. "

 

Say it.. Say it and see how funny it sounds. Say it, how many did he kill again in Lay's eyes? Four? Five?

 

"He's murdered Kai"

 

"THAT .. BASTARD"

 

The urge to throw himself on Lay and strangle him to death exceeded every other need. Suddenly everything disappeared in front of his eyes

Please log in to read the full chapter