Chapter24 - Family

Guilty Pleasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

20:30

 

Family

 

Suho tried to forget it, but he couldn't. Thoughts were strangling him mercilessly, not leaving him at peace.. He wished he never discovered about it.

 

This can't be true... it's not.. it doesn't make sense..

 

These kind of thoughts were strangling him, thoughts that would never leave him alone.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Sehun popped out from nowhere.

 

"Oh? Uhm.." Suho tried to cover his anxiety with a cough. "Just thinking"

 

Sehun stood by his side and stared at the night view.

 

"It's sad how we won't do anything now" he murmured "Our activities were making a good progress"

 

Suho sighed.

 

"At least we'll get some rest"

 

"You have a point" Sehun smirked, nodding his head.

 

"How is D.O doing?"

 

Sehun laughed

 

"I don't know what got into him. He just can't stay inside. What's with his unbearable desire of freedom?"

 

"Hey, if the manager told you to rot in the dorm as a punishment, wouldn't you want to break the rules?"

 

Sehun stared at him with a you-kidding? expression.

 

"I know but he could at least tell us. You know how much time me and Ellie needed to find him?"

 

Suho got goosebumps out of nowhere. The night was not that cold, but he was freezing.

 

"That manager, since when do you know her?"

 

"Mmm, we're best friends. Ever since we were children? I used to visit her house a lot" Sehun answered, with a smile on his face, predicting that he has remembered some early childhood memories. "Hey, but suddenly why do you ask?"

 

"It's just that.." at this rate, his head could explode. He tried to concentrate "emm.. It's weird how she became a manager suddenly."

 

"Ah.. She's got experience, hyung. She's originally a CEO." Sehun laughed.

 

"WHAT?" Suho stared at him, not willing to believe that his own.. don't say it.. don't say it.. that his own manager was a CEO. "Then why is she a manager now?"

 

"Are you really shocked?" Sehun patted his shoulder, looking at him with a smug face. "That's how my Ellie is"

 

"Your .. your Ellie?"

 

"Hyung!" Sehun's smug face was replaced with a serious one "I have to share this with someone, because.. I don't know.."

 

"Wae? What's going on?" Suho was suddenly curious. Usually this sentence wouldn't really draw his attention, but when it came out from maknae's mouth, it meant he made a big mess, and now he needs to confess. 

 

Sehun took a deep breath, and stood still.

 

"Ani.. forget it"

 

"Ya.. what exactly have you messed up this time?"

 

"Can I trust you?" he waited until Suho gave him a nod "Actually, I'm dating."

 

"Woah" was all he could reply, but in the next moment he couldn't hide his smile "Congrats, you really broke the rules this time"

 

"Haha"

 

"How long have you been dating now?"

 

"Emm.. Three days?" Sehun said with a nervous tone, but yet really excited.

 

"Huh?.. That's not a long time at all" Suho laughed "You even had time to feel guilty? Why do you seem so guilty? You like to break rules anyway."

 

Sehun sighed.

 

"Hyung. It's Ellie who I'm dating." he spilled out.

 

For a moment, Suho thought he will fall from the rooftop.

 

"What?" he couldn't believe it.. No, he refused to believe it. "Our manager?"

 

Sehun nodded, guilt drawn on his face.

 

"You.. are you in your mind? Weren't you friends?"

 

"We were but.." Sehun grabbed his shirt from the sleeve "you know how friendships always end! So now that you know.. please tell me what to do!"

 

"You're insane" Suho answered "She's my...she's our manager, you're not in your mind!"

 

Sehun shook his head, and said

 

"She won't be our manager forever, you know. This is just temporary. She told me you know well that she has lost her memory. This job can help her gain it back, and when she does, she will be back to her old position."

 

"Does this make sense, Sehun? She may never gain her memory back." Suho could not believe this nonsense was actually happening! What was he in his previous life? He must have been a beggar or something to deserve these miserable facts served on his table.

 

"I know it doesn't make sense but.. Eventually her father will want her back in his company. Trust me, it won't be a problem if we."

 

"Aigoo, what am I doing right now" 

 

Hearing the word "her father" almost got him into faint mode. How could Sehun talk so light of this, when he didn't even know the facts?

 

That's it exactly.. he didn't know the facts. No one did..

 

"And Ellie ssi.. is she even OK with this? Doesn't she feel responsible? If anyone finds out she will definitely lose her job."

 

Sehun's breath could be seen in the cold air.

 

"I know. She thinks I'm crazy as well. But this is how it is usually, isn't it? We always do the craziest things."

 

"I'm not going to protect this relationship" Suho strongly declared.

 

"It's my relationship to protect anyways, hyung. I'm not asking for anything. Can you at least keep it a secret?"

 

"No problem. But don't expect me to be happy about it either. It doesn't make sense"

 

Sehun nodded and slowly left the rooftop. Maybe he was disappointed. Suho sensed that well.. But there was nothing he could do about it.. If he didn't know who Ellie was.. No, it doesn't make sense!!!

 

This place was a good place for one to just forget their worry. But for Suho it didn't help a bit. Looking at the night view made him cold and he wondered, would this feeling disappear soon?

 

He had to talk to his father. But in the sa

Please log in to read the full chapter