Chapter 60

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 60:

The surgery takes a couple of hours. They all wait impatiently for Minhee to come back. Soon enough around six o'clock in the evening, she is strolled back into the room. 

"How is she doing?" Jungmee asks as she watched the doctors connect her sister to IVs and the heart monitor. They turn on the oxygen tank and fix the oxygen tube. 

"Everything went great." The nurse states. "The surgery took longer then we expected but she will be okay." 

"Is she going to wake up soon?" Yoongi asks nervously as he pops his finger's knuckles. 

"We don't know. We gave her medicine so she wouldn't be feeling the pain in her arm, so maybe she won't be waking up." 

Yoongi's gaze slowly falls on the girl's lifeless body and watches as she is breathing slowly. It is the first time she has done that in days. 

"But we won't loose hope." The nurse smiles. She fixes the bedsheet for Minhee and then walks out the room. 

"We are going to get some food." Hoseol chrips as he gets up from the recliner. "Do you want something Jungmee?"

"Can you get me grilled cheese and fries?" Jungmee's eyes brigten at the thought of food. 

"Sure." Hoseok walks over to his sister and taps her nose. "Anything for my beautiful sisters." 

Seokjin walls over to sit by her on the bed. "Mind getting me a sandwich?" 

Hoseok heaves a sigh. "Fine." He begins to chuckle and runs out the room. 

Namjoon follows from behind. "Come on Yoongi, otherwise he will buy the whole cafteria." Yoongi groans slightly and follows from behind.

Jimin laughs light heartily at the boys and looks over at his girl. He walks over to her a plants a soft peck on her forhead. "Please wake up babe." He notices her flinch slightly and then go back to breathing. "Did you see that?" 

Jimin looks over at Jungmee and Seokjin. They watch on atonishment. "She can sense her surroundings." Jungme smiles brightly and watches her sister. Tears begin to well up in her eyes. "Oh my goodness." She looks over at Seokjin and lays her head on his shoulder. Seokjin smiles back and pats her back. 

"Please tell call me if she does anything or wakes up." Jimin states as he walks towards the door. "I'm going to go get some dinner! I will come back as soon as possible!" He rushes out the door quickly to meet up with the other boys. 

Once everyone is gone, Jungmee sits quietly and adverts her gaze towards the huge window. The sky is painted in orange, yellow and red. The sun is slowly setting down the horizon. 

"Something wrong?" Seokjin asks when he notices the girl staying so still. 

"Where's my dad?" She sighs thinking of her cold father. Depsite the way he treats them, she still loves him dearly. 

"He came on the second day but he left." Seokjin states. "Yoongi and Hoseok didn't see him home or Mrs. Jung." 

Jungmee sighs heavily. "I'm scared." She looks down at her fingers and notices all the bruises and cuts. 

"Why?" Seokjin asks. He has never seen his girlfriend this nervous or shooken before. 

"Last year when Minhee and I got bulllied at the prom, my dad insisted that we would be transfered to a new school." Jungmee begins as her voice begins to break. "But now that we got kidnapped and almost got killed, he might send us away." 

"Why do you say that?" Seokjin looks at his girl and notices her eyes welling up. 

"Because my dad is like that. He always sends us somewhere if he fears danger." Jungmee sighs. "I assume he is filled with anger since he wasn't aware of the situation right?" 

"Yeah. We didn't tell him." Seokjin's voice trails off as he gets into a deep thought. 

"Exactly." Jungmee shrugs. "My dad is furious and he will do anything to just get us away from everything." 

"Don't worry about that." Seokjin states as he removes the hair falling infront of her face. "We will be here to protect Minhee and you." 

"Did you guys finds out what happened to Jungkook?" Jungmee asks looking at her boyfriend. 

Seokjin shakes his head. "No. We went to his house but no one opened. We also called him but his phone is off." 

"Do you guys know where he went?" Jungmee asks. 

"No." Seokjin shakes his head. 

"I am worried." Jungmee sighs once more. "Taehyung is gone and now Jungkook. If Minhee finds thay out she will be heartbroken." Jungmee turns to stare at her sleeping sister. "I don't want her to be broken. She has been hurt way too much." 

As fhe boys grab some dinner for the rest, they notice Yoongi's annoyance and impatience. They watch as his bottled drink falls from his hands. 

"Yo you okay?" Namjoon raises an eyebrow as he helps Yoongi pick up the drink. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." Yoongi barks back in annoyance. "I'm just not feeling so well." 

"Why is that?" Namjoon asks. Hoseok and Jimin glance at eachother and then look back at the impatient boy infront of them. 

"I already told you guys it is nothing!" Yoongi raises his voice causing a few of the people around them to stare. Yoongi marches out the cafteria, leaving the tray filled with food. 

Hoseok bows slightly for Yoongi's inappropriate behavior. The boys quickly walk over to the cashier to pay and they follow with their trays filled with food.

"Yoongi wait up!" Jimin calls out as Yoongi pushes the button violently for the elevator. He turns to look at his friends and stares in annoyance. 

"What?" He looks up at the ceiling and lets out a huge sigh. 

"You gotta tell us what is wrong!" Namjoon states. "I have known you since we were in kindergarten and I know something is up. You are defintely not tired, so I assume something else must be bugging you." 

"Nothing is bugging me!" Yoongi states as the elevator light turns on and it dings. "Lets just go." He marches into the elevator. The boys know that Yoongi can be stubborn and keep his feelings to himself, they just shrug it off and follow from behind. 

They reach the room and they all gather around to eat. Jimin sits close to Minhee and occasionally focuses his gaze on her. Namjoon and Yoongi sit close to the window while Seokjin sits by Jungmee. Hoseok sits on one of the recliners. They keep devouring their meals quietly and watch the evening news. 

Soon enough it starts to gets dark and it's time for some of them to head home. Jimin and Seokjin decide it is their turn to stay with the girls for the night, besides they don't know how longer it will take for Minhee to wake up. Sometime in the late night as they are preparing to sleep, they notice Minhee flinch slightly and her breathing become stronger. 

"J-j-jimin." Minhee states. 

"Babe?" Jimin walks over to his girlfriend. Jungmee props up from her bed and Seokjin also walks over to the girl. 

"J-jungmee." She struggles to say. 

"I am here." Jungmee smiles brightly as she hears her sister call her name. It feels like it has been ages since she last heard the voice of the person she loved the most in the world. Minhee chuckles slightly and her breathing goes back to normal. They wait for a few more minutes and Minhee doesn't say more. That night Jimin decides to move the recliner closer to Minhee just in case she wakes up in the middle of the night. Jungmee decides to leave the light on her side of the bed on and Seokjin informs the boys that Minhee had stated a few words. 

The next morning Jungmee is getting ready to get discharged from the hospital. Hoseok brings her a pair of sweatpants and comfortable shoes to change into. 

"It feels so nice to be finallg wearing something other then that cold night gown." She tosses the night gown into the basket at the corner of the room. "I

Please log in to read the full chapter