Chapter 10

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 10:
"Taehyung!" His aunt exclaimed the moment he strolled inside the small apartment.
"Yes?" He asked with a hint of annoyance.
His aunt was about twelve years older than him but he felt as she was more like a sister then an aunt.
"I got something for you." She walked over to him and placed an envelope on his hands. He gazed down at it in astonishment. He carefully read the printed letters.
"Your mother sent it." His aunt calmly voiced out. She looked at her nephew.
Taehyung tossed it on the small coffee table. "I don't want to read it." He voiced out rather coldly.
"Taehyung it's your moth-" His aunt was interrupted by the ringing phone "I will be back."
Taehyung looked down at the envelope. He wanted to open it. It has been a long time. He hasn't seen his mother since he was 15. But he was still angry for what she did.
He grasped tightly onto his backpack. He went to the living room and sat down. Suddenly his little seven year old cousin ran towards him. He sat on Taehyung's lap.
"Hyung did you bring me something?" The little boy asked with curiosity. His eyes widened when Taehyung reached into his backpack. He pulled out a bag of candies.
"Here you go Dongwon." A smile plastered on Taehyung's face. The little boy pulled a candy from the bag.
"Thank you Hyung." Dongwon exclaimed "I am going to do my homework then. And be a good kid!"
Taehyung ruffled the younger kid's hair. "Then go do your homework Mr. Genius!"
Dongwon moved away from Taehyung's lap and ran across the room to the small kitchen table. He sat down and continued working on his alphabet.
"Taehyung" His aunt exclaimed as she walked into the living room with the phone in her hand. "It is your mother. She wants to speak to you."
Taehyung begun to shake. "There is nothing to talk to her about. Tell her I am not here."
"Taehyung-" His aunt was cut off.
"I said I don't want to talk to that damn women!" His anger started rising up. He marched to his room and slammed the door shut. He tossed his backpack across the room. He pulled on his orange hair.
He looked at his phone that was sitting on his nightstand. He grabbed it and looked through his contact list. He needed to get his mind off of things.
He dialed a number.
"Hello?" The deep voice on the other end answered lazily.
"Hey Namjoon! Come pick me up!" Taehyung voiced out calmly "I haven't seen you in weeks!"
"Bro I will be there in three minutes I am around the block anyways." Namjoon responded
"What are you doing around my neighborhood?" Taehyung questioned. He wondered if Namjoon is seeing anyone special.
"Seokjin and I just stopped by at some convenience store to buy some snacks," Namjoon responded peacefully.
Taehyung nodded his head as if Namjoon could see him.
"We will be there soon!" Namjoon chirped in "Bye-bye."
He hangs up the phone before saying goodbye.
Taehyung quickly changed from his school uniform to a simple black t-shirt and loose jeans. He grabbed out a leather jacket from his closet. He marched out of his room.
In the living his aunt was sitting on the couch and analyzing some bills. Her hair was wrapped in a high bun and the color was drained from her face. His little cousin was sitting on the ground watching his favorite kid's show while coloring.
Taehyung believed his aunt wouldn't notice him walk out since she was too engrossed in her own thoughts. He smiled and slowly walked towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" his aunt asked calmly. He knew she was questioning him once more. He let out a grunt.
"Going out with my friends," Taehyung answered. He crossed his fingers and hoped she would let him.
"Which friends? Jungkook? Jimin?" She crossed her hands and slowly strolled towards Taehyung. "Or is it Namjoon?"
"Namjoon and Seokjin." Taehyung said in annoyance "They aren't a bad influence."
His aunt has always thought that Namjoon was a bad influence. Maybe it was because of the way that boy used satoori. Or the way he dyed his hair blonde. Namjoon was the one that made some piercings on his ears. She didn't trust him. However, she liked Seokjin. "Seokjin?" She began "Is going to be there right?" Her left eyebrow raised.
"Yes!" Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Just let me go for an hour! Please."
His aunt gazed upon the clock on the wall. She analyzed it carefully and looked back at Taehyung. His face was decorated with a blank expression. "Fine" She responded "Just this once. Don't do stupid things."
Taehyung smiled brightly. "Thank you." He put on his converse, grabbed his favorite black leather jacket, and opened the door. He bolted down the stairs to the front gate of the apartments.
At the parking lot he saw a familiar car waiting for him. Namjoon's back was pressed against the car as he smoked a cigarette peacefully. Seokjin was looking down at his phone.
Taehyung reached for the cigarette in between Namjoon's lips. He placed it in his mouth and puffed a smoke into the cold autumn air.
"You're too young to smoke." Namjoon worded out.
Taehyung shrugged "I don't care. I just wanted to try it." He gave the cigarette back to Namjoon. "Where we heading to?"
"Just our favorite restaurant." Seokjin answered. He smiled kindly. "Let's go" 
It took them 10 minutes to get to their favorite cheeseburger restaurant. It had an American feeling to it, or so the boys thought after watching a lot of American films. 
They sat at their favorite booth where all seven of the boys would sit together.
"So how is life treating you?" Namjoon asked the younger boy.
"It's like ," Taehyung responded honestly. He took a sip of his drink. "School is a pain in the ."
Seokjin shook his head. "It is okay. Just two more years." He dipped a fry into the ketchup. "Everything will get better."
Taehyung nodded in agreement. "How is Yoongi and Hoseok hyung?"
"Hoseok is doing fine. Just being his usual happy self." Seokjin gazed down at his burger "Yoongi is the one causing troubles."
"What he do this time?" Taehyung asked concerned.
Namjoon cleared his throat. "You remember how his father and mother went through a divorce?"
Taehyung nodded his head. "Yeah I remember"
"His mother remarried some handsome rich guy." Namjoon continued "Pretty fast if you tell me. Turned out that the rich guy had children so now they are living under the same roof with Yoongi and Hoseok"
Taehyung's eyes widened. He knew that Yoongi hated the idea of change. He was like a cat that did not like simple change, not even furniture. Ever since his parents' divorce, he was afraid of making changes in his life. He wanted things to stay the same.
"So is he treating them badly?" Taehyung asked
"Yes." Seokjin simply nodded. "He acts cold and rude towards them. Hoseok loves the girls but Yoongi hates them."
"Which is causing Hoseok and Yoongi to fight." Namjoon added "They pretty much started pushing and shoving each other. I have never seen them act like this."
Taehyung shook his head. "That is bad."
Namjoon agreed "Yeah."
"How is Jungkook and Jimin?" Seokjin asked changing the topic. Taehyung took a bite of his hamburger and looked back at Seokjin. "Well Jungkook is still the same quiet and reserved kid as usual. His parents are away in Japan for some business meeting like always. Jimin is still breaking girls' hearts."
"Of course he would." Namjoon shook his head.
"He has been following this one girl lately. She is really quiet and reserved like Jungkook. But Jimin just can't stop following her for some reason." Taehyung scratched his head. "She doesn't show any interest in him which drives Jimin crazy. He is acting like a stalker, which is kind of funny and weird."
"What about you? Do you like anyone?" Namjoon moved his eyebrows up and down.
"Well. I think I do. She is in my grade." Taehyung smiled thinking about Jungmee. He likes the way she walks into the classroom and ignores the rest of the students. The other day he leaned close to her and smelled her hair. She stared at him awkwardly and he smiled back at her. He made her chuckle that day. "She is nice but cold towards me."
Seokjin shook his head. "Well maybe you should get to know her. Try talking to her. Maybe she might like you too!"
"You really think so?" Taehyung asked with enthusiasm. Taehyung's eyes glistened with happiness. Could it be possible?
"Yeah. I am sure she would like you." Seokjin smiled. He was also thinking about Jungmee and how he had her phone number. Maybe just maybe he might text her tonight. If he gives Taehyung advice maybe he should also take it for himself.
"I will do it. I will talk to my crush!" Taehyung smiled
After consuming their food they went out to their favorite spot and spend the night away tagging the walls of the suburban neighborhoods. 

"Attention students!" Mr. Jeong announced as he strolled back to the front of the classroom. Minhee sat in the third row. Her sister sat behind her and occasionally took naps during the lessons.
Today it was different. It felt different to Minhee. She felt as though she was constantly being watched by someone. She fiddled with the pencil in her hand and continued to take notes on the previous lesson.
Jungmee in the other hand was fighting to stay awake and listen. She crossed her hands and glared at the teacher. She didn't mean to glare. She just sort of had that stare.
"I have decided that you guys can work as partners!" Mr. Jeong announced. The class roared in applause. The students across the hall could hear them.
"I have picked your partners for you all." The students groaned and cursed the teacher under their breaths.
Minhee on the other hand couldn't care less of who she worked with just as long-
"Minhee you are working with." Mr. Jeong looked down at his clipboard and scanned it carefully "Mr. Jungkook."
Her eyes widened. "Yes teacher." Jungkook felt at ease the moment he heard Minhee. He was happy that he would be able to talk to her casually. Jimin on the other hand was furious that Jungkook would get to work with her. He wanted to work with her but instead he got childish Taehyung. Who at the moment was talking about some stupid prank.
Jungkook rambled to Minhee. Minhee continued scribbling down the homework due for the next week.
Jungkook cleared his throat. "So Minhee where should we work?"
Minhee jumped a little. "Oh Jungkook." She placed the pencil in her hair bun and tapped her lips with her index finger. "Let me think about it."
Jungkook examined Minhee. Today she was wearing the school uniform hoodie. Her hair was tied up in a bun. Pieces of hair fell from the bun and complimented her face shape. Her skin was dewy but not too much. She had a little bit of pink tint on her lips. He liked the way she looked today. So innocent and cute.
"How about the library?" Jungkook suggested. He pulled on the hem of his polo.
Minhee smiled revealing her perfect teeth. Jungkook wondered if she had braces before. "Sure that sounds great!"
Jungkook was about to respond when the b

Please log in to read the full chapter