Chapter 11

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 11:
Seokjin drove around the city without a reason. He needed an escape from home.
He found a parking spot and parked his car them. He wandered off into the mall. He thought maybe it would help him clear his thoughts for now.
He continued straddling down and occasionally gazed up to not bump into anyone. He found an empty seat in the food court section. He perched on the side of the chair and looked out at the distance.
He felt this emptiness inside of him. It was his parents' 21st anniversary since they got married.
He remembers how delighted his mother would be when this day would come. She would cook meals for her husband and make sure the house was spotless. He remembers running around their small house and taking his toys back to his room.
His father would come from with anger and rage. He wouldn't acknowledge his wife's presence or Seokjin's.
The moment his father would walk into the kitchen he would roar with anger. He would say horrendous things to his mother. Seokjin would watch from a distance and hold tightly to his plush. His father would then launch the cooked meal to the ground. He would toss the plates to the wall and they would break into millions of pieces.
His mother would slowly walk backward until her back hit the wall. She would stand in fear. Her legs would become fragile. His father would march to his mother pull her from her long brown silky hair and fling her to the table. He remembers seeing her father slide her face across the kitchen counter. His mother's sharp screams echoed in the house.
Seokjin would hold on tightly to his plush. His eyes were widened, his blood running cold and his face was as pale as the gentle snow.
He would watch his mother slump down to the ground. His father would once again reach for her. With every kick, he would call her out. His mother would cry and scream. She would gaze upon Seokjin with her brown almond-shaped eyes full of tears. She would tell him to run.
And he did. Every day was the same. His father would come home and beat her up. His mother had 3 miscarriages.
Year by year. It repeated. The nightmare that never ended.
As he got older his father began to beat him up.
He clearly remembers the first time he got beat up. He was a thirteen-year-old boy. The moment he stepped into the kitchen he saw his mother crawled up with her knees covering her bloody face. He ran to her.
"Mother are you okay?" He would whisper into her ear. Suddenly he felt a strike in the back of his head. His hand reached behind him and a gush of blood trickled down his hand.
His father pulled him down to the ground and kicked his stomach. Seokjin couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe his father would do this to him. Seokjin crawled into a fetus position but his father would find a way around him.
I continued after that day. Seokjin was beaten multiple times as well as his mother.
Seokjin was sick and tired.

Seokjin gazed down at his watch. It read: 4:25 pm.
He looked around the mall. Maybe he should buy something special for his mother? He marched back to the department stores in search for something special for his mother. There is nothing else left in this world for him but her.

"Hey girls!" Hoseok exclaimed. His gaze fell on the bouquets and chocolates the girls' had in their hands. "What is that?"
"Some boys asked us to the dance." Jungmee answered "We said yes. I guess."
Jungmee tossed the box into Hoseok's hands. She stormed to the kitchen to find some vases for the flowers.
"Can I eat some?" Hoseok asked eyeing the chocolates like a small child.
"Go ahead! Eat them all!" Jungmee yelled from the kitchen.
Minhee smiled. She felt delighted that someone asked her to the dance. She felt special.
Jungmee came back with a large vase. She grabbed her bouquet from the table and slumped it into the vase without much care. "Here Minhee put yours here as well." She pointed to the vase.
Minhee nodded and proceeded towards her sister.
"What is that?" Their mother asked as she walked in. She looked at the flowers and turned to Hoseok who is chewing on chocolate.
"Some boys asked us to the winter formal." Minhee answered
"You girls said yes?" Mrs. Jung assumed she touched the pretty bouquets.
"Yeah." Jungmee answered coldly. "That is nice!" Mrs. Jung clapped gleefully "I will take you girls dress shopping on Friday after school."
Minhee and Jungmee exchanged glances and smiled at each other.

The next morning Jungmee and Minhee arrived early to school. They noticed things were different.
"Hey Minhee do you want come and eat lunch with us?" The cheer captain Seojung asked the moment she was Minhee walk down the school corridor. Minhee felt flattered but she promised her math study group lunch today at the library.
"I will how about tomorrow?" Minhee tried to find a day where she was free.
Seojung smiled at her. "Sounds like a plan!" She waved at Minhee and walked off.
"What was that about?" Jungmee approached Minhee starring down at Seojung as she walked away with her cheer squad.
Minhee shaked her head. "I don't know."
From a distance Minhee made eye contact with Jungkook. Jungkook was standing by his locker and putting his books away. He gave her a slight smile and walked off to meet up with Taehyung. Minhee felt something warm rise up her stomach.

"Attention students please go and sit with your partner!" Mr. Jeong announced. It was already the third period. "Brainstorm on what kind of presentation you want to give on your character."
Minhee stood up from her seat and slowly wandered to Jungkook. Jungkook was looking down at his book reading a couple of pages. He didn't notice Minhee standing right in front of him.
"Excuse me?" She tapped on his shoulder with her long index finger.
Jungkook gazed up and his heart began to race faster. "Uh yeah?"
"Is it okay if I sit with you?" She asked with a smile on her face "Mr. Jeong says we have to work together on the project right now."
Jungkook looked around the room and noticed everyone gathered up with their partners. "Sure." He cleared his table and put away his other books in his backpack. Minhee slide into a chair. She took out a pencil and paper. She scribbled down a few notes.
"What are you writing?" Jungkook asked
Minhee looked down at her paper. "Just the characteristics of our character."
Jungkook nodded. "Should we make a PowerPoint or a poster?"
"Whichever you would like," Minhee responded. "I like both."
Jungkook looked straight into her eyes. He liked the way her eyes glistened. He noticed her eyes were dark brown.
"Let's do a poster then," Jungkook stated coldly. Minhee nodded her head and scribbled some more notes on the paper.
Jimin on the other hand kept stealing a few glances at Minhee. He liked that innocent smile she had plastered across her lips. Taehyung gazed up and saw Jimin starring off at a distance.
"What the hell?" Taehyung slightly punched Jimin's arm "Help me with this project. You know I am not good at this."
"I am working on it, idiot!" Jimin rolled his eyes.
"No, you aren't." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows "You keep starring at Minhee. And making it so noticeable. It is making me feel uncomfortable. And I am not the one being stared at!"
Jimin crossed his arms. He chuckled a bit. "Shut up."
Taehyung scratched the top of his head. "Just help me." He hands Jimin his pencil. Jimin groaned in annoyance and proceeds with the project.
"Jungmee please hand these rubrics to the class." Mr. Jeong placed a stack of stapled papers on Jungmee's desk. He covers her scattered papers. Jungmee's eyes widened. Hyoyeon chuckled at the way Jungmee glared at the papers.
"Thank you." Mr. Jeong walked off to go get something in the facility room.
"Why the hell does he pick on me all the damn time?" Jungmee curses under her breath.
"Because we are sitting closer to the front. And because you always tend to glare at him in class. Let's not forget you take naps in here most of the time!" Hyoyeon folded her hands and sat back on her chair.
"This ." Jungmee raised up from her seat. She grabs the neatly stacked papers and placed two on her table. She continued walking around the class giving papers to each group. She reached Jimin and Taehyung's table.
"Here." She placed two packets on top Taehyung's work.
"Didn't you see I was working?" Taehyung's face becomes crimson red. He noticed Jungmee glaring at him. "I mean never mind. Thanks."
She mumbled a thank you before walking away.
"Why you red?" Jimin playfully teased Taehyung.
"I am not red!" Taehyung opens the packet and pretends to skim it.
"You are red. Does she make you feel butterflies or something?" Jimin winked at Taehyung.
"Shut up!" Taehyung voiced out angrily
"Well, she isn't dating anyone man." Jimin shrugged "Ask her out on a damn date or something."
"She is going to the winter formal with a damn football player. And he is handsome." Taehyung covered his face with the packet. "I hate football."
"So? Who the hell cares?" Jimin scooted in closer "Minhee is going with one too but that isn't going to stop me from my plans. You think I give a or two about that little date?"
Taehyung opened his mouth widely. He is about to say something but then shook his head.
Jimin chuckled lightly. "No! I don't. I have my plans. I know what I am going to do. And you my friend should man up. Tell her to go on a damn date because sooner or later, someone will end up asking her. It's never too late! Go and tell her how you feel!"
Taehyung's lips formed into his squared smile. "I guess I could try. But what about you? Why don't you ask Minhee on a proper date?"
Jimin slaps Taehyung's arm. "You know I am not like that. I don't get into serious relationships."
Jimin once again gazed upon Minhee. He noticed she has a smile on her face. She chuckled at something. Jungkook smiled back and tossed a little eraser at her. Jimin wondered what is so funny that is making her smile like that.
Jimin felt something boil up inside him. And maybe any minute it will explode.

 

Minhee was excited because she had never been to a prom as this would be her and her sister's first prom. She didn't exactly know what to expect, or let alone even how to dress. "You know, I don't get it, Jun and Kun never spoke to us, so why did they ask us to prom?" Minhee asked sincerely confused. 

Jungmee just shrugged her shoulders "We just have to be careful, I don't trust them" Jungmee said plainly.

Please log in to read the full chapter