Chapter 7

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7:

The school day for Minhee and Jungmee went by quicker then they expected. They made a new friend Hyoyeon.

"Should we go walking?" Jungmee asked her sister as she threw some books into her book bag.
"We won't get lost right?" Minhee asked nervously.
"I don't think we will" Jungmee reached inside her backpack and grabbed her phone out. "We have this to guide us."
"Fine then. I guess a small walk won't really hurt us." Minhee agreed.
They walked down the school hallways with linked arms. As they reached the gates, they saw none other than their classmates Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung.
"Hey Minhee!" Jimin yelled out from the top of his lungs.
"Who's that?" Jungmee asked glancing at Jimin. "Is he your friend?"
"No!" Minhee exclaimed "Just some boy in my class. Tell you later."
Jimin kept his gaze on Minhee as she passed by him ignoring his presence.
"I think you should stop." Jungkook voiced out calmly "She doesn't look like she is interested in you."
Taehyung gazed at Jungmee "That makes two of us." He sighed deeply.
Jungkook glared at both of his friends and shook his head.
"Shut up Jungkook." Jimin exploded in frustration. "I know she will like me. Just wait for it."
Jimin watched as Minhee and her sister disappeared down the street.
It was a pretty chilly for a late afternoon. Minhee wrapped her scarf around her neck. She sneezed.
"You feeling sick?" Jungmee reached in and placed her hand on her sister's forehead. She knew her sister was very sensitive to the cold.
Minhee simply nodded.
"Let's wait for the bus then. I don't want you getting sick."
They reached to the end of the street in no time. Fortunately Jungmee found an empty seat for her little sister to rest in. There was a couple of students from school waiting for the bus as well as an old couple.
"Here." Jungmee took off her leather jacket and wrapped it around her sister who was shivering. The cold winter air hit her skin. Goosebumps rised up all over hear body. She was cold but her sister was more important to her then how she felt.
Jungmee decided to stand by the pole and cautiously look for any sign of the city bus.
Jungmee pulled out her phone to kill some time by playing some games. She was so engrossed her game that she didn't notice a black truck stop right in front o her. The person in the truck honked loudly almost causing her phone to fall out of her hands.
Minhee looked up and the person rolled down their window revealing non other then Seokjin. A smile was plastered across his face. His hair was styled quite messy today as ends of his hair spiked all over. Jungmee had to admit he was very attractive.
"Hey there." He waved his hand in the air. "Hop in."
"It's okay" Jungmee said "We will wait for the bus." Seokjin looked over Jungmee's shoulder and saw Minhee trying to deal with the cold. Her head was buried deeply in the scarf.
"I don't think so." Jin protested "Plus the bus might take forever to get here."
Jungmee didn't want to argue with Seokjin. She knew he was persistent from her first encounter with him at the wedding and when he had helped them move their furniture into their rooms. She nodded and walked over to her sister.
"Come on lets go" Jungmee threw her sister's book bag across her shoulder. "Jin is going to give us a ride home."
"Really?" Minhee asked. She stood up and followed her sister from behind. Minhee took a seat in the back while Jungmee took the front passenger seat. For some odd reason she felt comfortable around Seokjin.
He drove away in the semi-busy street.
Seokjin quickly glanced at Jungmee. She was starring out the window with no emotion. The tension became strong as they all sat still. Seokjin wanted to start a conversation but it was rather challenging for him. He felt comfortable with the girls, he just didn't know how to start conversations.
Minhee looked up and noticed Seokjin stealing a few glances at her sister. She saw a different look in his eyes. She smiled and plugged in her ear buds.
Jungmee was shivering because she felt cold.
"You okay?" Seokjin finally asked
"Yeah just a little cold." Jungmee answered emotionless.
Seokjin grabbed his thick coat from his backpack. "Here"
He gently tossed it to her and it landed on her thighs. She looked down at the coat. "It's okay I don't need it."
Seokjin shook his head. "Just take it."
"what about you?" She asked nervously
"Its okay. I have my hoodie on." He smiled and looked at the car in front of him. Jungmee smiled back.
"Thank you." She wrapped his coat carefully around herself. His cologne engrossed her smelling sense.It smelled so good to her. She just wanted to keep his coat forever. The rest of the card ride home was silent but comfortable. Jungmee liked that feeling of Seokjin's presence. Even though he was abut awkward at times but he was a sweetperson.
He stopped the car right in front of their home's gates.
Minhee was the first one to get out of the car after she said thank you to Seokjin. She ran off to the gates of her house hoping her stop mother would open the gates.
Jungmee sat back and watched as her sister ran to the front door once the gates opened. Seokjin starred at Jungmee.
"Thank you Seokjin" She bowed slightly. She was about to take off his coat from her body when Seokjin shook his head.
"Don't!" He said "Keep my coat. You can give it to me later."
"Are you sure?" She asked as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Its your coat."
"It's okay. You can give it to me later." He smiled gleefully.
Jungmee smiled back. "Thank you again." She grabbed her book bag from underneath her seat.
She was about to open the car door when Seokjin reached in for her left hand. Jungmee's eyes widened as he gently brushed his strong fingers against her skin. Her heart bear faster.
"Can i have your number?" He asked rather awkwardly. "Just in case you ever need a ride home?"
She turned to him and tried to hide her smile. "Sure." She stated coldly like usual. She took his phone from his hand and punched in her number.

"Here you go." She handed him his phone back. He carefully grabbed it and placed it inside his backpack.
"Thank you so much." She repeated once more.
"You're welcome." He calmly voiced out. She nodded and opened the door to the car. She hoped out and waved goodbye to him. She closed the door and quickly straddled down the sidewalk to the gates. She felt his stare piercing right through her. She tried her best to quickly ignore that feeling and open the gate to her home. She didn't want him to notice her getting nervous. Once she reached the inside of her home she locked the door and she propped up against the door.  she let out a huge sigh and smiled to herself. She bolted upstairs to her room and locked herself in their. She wanted to have some spare time to think.
Seokjin gazed upon her carefully until she disappeared and locked herself behind the door. For some odd reason

Please log in to read the full chapter