Chapter 51

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 51:

- Jin POV - 

"So, tell me about her" My mom smiled as she sat next to me on my bed. She looked down at the photo I held in my hands. "She's beautiful" she continued.
"She's everything I could've ever wanted and more, I don't know how to describe just how perfect she is mom" I replied as I gently laid my head down on her shoulder. 
"Ah, young love. How I envy it. How come I haven't met this girl yet?" She chuckled as she ran her fingers gently through my hair. "I mean, youre changing and in such a good way. I can see that bright beaming smile once again, and you don't look like you're afraid anymore, and most of all you don't seem like you're in constant pain anymore. I need to meet this magical woman who has stolen your heart" she continued. I lifted my head to look at her, she had glossy eyes as she spoke. She lifted her hands to gently cup the both of my cheeks and smiled once again as the tears streamed down her cheeks. 
"If I could take back all the pain and saddness you experienced during your childhood I would do it in a heartbeat, I never want to see you suffer like that ever again. I'm so sorry" she pulled me in for a hug. I hated when my mom would blame herself for my childhood, none of it was her fault at all. 
I wrapped my arms tightly around her "Mom stop. You know none of it was your fault at all, he was manipulative and abusive. Don't make yourself suffer trying to remember the past. All that matters is that we're here together, and that we're both healthy and alive. I love you forever momma" I smiled. 
"I will forever thank God for giving me such a wonderful son. He knows I am a woman far from perfection, and yet he blessed me beyond comprehension by giving you to me. I love you forever too my son" she smiled as she kissed my forehead. "So, you didn't really answer my question much. I still want to know about this girl" she chuckled as she wiped her eyes.
"Well, for starters her name is Jungmee. Lee Jungmee. She's made me the happiest I've ever felt, and I didn't know happiness like this ever existed in this world, not until she came into it" I felt my cheeks heat up, as images of her beautiful smile popped into my head. "She's incredibly strong willed, and has a strong personality. She has a twin sister, and she loves her so much. Their relationship seriously would make any other pair of siblings who witnessed it jealous, nothing could ever break them apart. When Jungmee loves, she loves very passionately. And she knows how to make even the most bland person, feel like the most unique in the world. She loves me despite my flaws, she loves me despite my past and continues to help heal scars within me that I thought would haunt me forever. She's given me a newfound confidence I never thought I would ever achieve. After being torn down so much mentally when I was younger, I thought I would forever hate who I was. That I would never truly feel whole again, but after meeting her, I not only feel safe but I absolutely love who I am around her. I feel like she brings out who I truly am, the me I didn't even know I was hiding, the me that I could truly come to love. She's helped me heal mentally, physically and emotionally. I'm absolutely head over heels for this girl" I said as warm tears started to stream down my cheeks. I loved Jungmee so much that just talking about her made me cry. I looked over at my mother who was also in tears once again, but had a smile on her face that beamed.
"The good Lord has once again answered my prayers. You don't know how long I have been hoping and praying that an angel would come into your life, and little did I know that he already answered it, when he sent you Jungmee. I absolutely need to meet her, so I can thank her for healing my son in a way that I couldn't. I'm so happy for you, so incredibly happy" she said as we both embraced each other once again. I smiled when suddenly I had to turn away because a hoarse cough had escaped from my mouth. It was incredibly ugly sounding, and sent a surge of pain through my chest as it released. I crouched down as I held my chest in a bit of pain. 
"Son? Are you okay!" My mom said panicked as she crouched down in worry. 
"I'm okay mom, I promise" I smiled trying to assure her. 
"Are you sure? I'm worried about you. Maybe we should go to the doctors and check" she said still worried. 
"Mom I promise I'm okay. I'll go if it gets worse, but it's just a cough" I replied 
"Gah, I wish I wasn't so stubborn. Because I know that's where you get your stubborness from" she playfully smacked my shoulder, but then chuckled as she stood up. "Promise me you won't let it get worse okay?" I nodded my head as she ruffled my hair and walked out of my room. I tried to hold it in, but my chest was in a lot of pain. I let out another cough, and as I held my hand to my mouth a discharge of blood had followed. My eyes widened because this was the first time this happened. But it didn't scare me enough to really want to go see a doctor, so I just set it aside and ignored it, I wiped my hand on a tissue and threw it out. The last thing I need is my mom and Jungmee to worry about me. 

- End of POV - 

Minhee and Jungmee sat in the music room of their home, nervously practicing for the talent show that was tomorrow. They expected to be greeted by a wild Hoseok, while Namjoon and Yoongi played video games in the living room, but no one was home.
"I don't know why, but I'm like more nervous than I ever was before" Minhee said as her hands gently held the guitar. "I hope Yoongi is okay with me using his guitar" she replied a little worried. 
"I know right? I didn't think I would feel this nervous. I mean it's just a school talent show, but I feel like we're going to audition for an entertainment company or something. And he'll be okay, he let me use his piano the other day" Jungmee chuckled. The girls had self composed a song, wrote the lyrics to it and everything, a hidden talent that no one knew about, well that is until tomorrow rolls around. 
"I feel like this is huge for us, because this is something that literally no one knows about us. Not even our own dad" Minhee chuckled. 
"Well, I guess we've prepared it for this moment specifically. We're going to leave this school remembering who the Lee sisters were!" Jungmee said with fire in her voice as she stood up with her fist in the air. Her sister just looked up at her and chuckled more at her sisters strangeness, but she loved it, it made excitement start to rush through her body.
"Okay, so I think I finally perfected the tune. How does this sound?" Minhee said as she started playing the melody. Jungmee closed her eyes as her head unknowingly bobbed to the melody, she then pulled out her lyrics she had written and busted out with a smooth rap. Minhee continued to play as her head bobbed to the lyrics her sister had wrote, she loved it when Jungmee would express herself through music. Everything was coming together perfectly. She spoke about the hard times we had to go through, and how those hard times only made us better and stronger. She finished her first verse and Minhee then sang out with the chorus she had written. Jungmee was swaying to the beat, snapping and biting her lip while closing her eyes. She loved when her sister sang, everything about her voice was pure and raw and so were the lyrics. 
"Hold up" They heard a voice come from behind them. It caused them to jump as they looked to see Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok standing in the doorway. 
"Damn, you guys scared us!" Jungmee said while still clutching her heart. Minhee was just chuckling. 
"What song is that? Or- no, don't tell me. You guys wrote it didn't you!" Hoseok said super excited. 
"Uhhh-" was all that managed to slip from Minhee's lips. 
"Holy crap, you guys did write it" Yoongi said astounded. 
"Jungmee, did you write that yourself? And Minhee, did you write the chorus yourself?" Namjoon said as he walked towards them. They were a bit shy because they'd never been caught before. They both slowly nodded their heads as they looked towards the ground, still embarassed. 
"Well keep going! If Hoseok didn't open his big mouth and interrupted!" Namjoon said while playfully bumping into him, causing all of them to chuckle together. 
"Sorry girls" Hoseok said as he smiled cutely. Yoongi was just still intrigued. 
"Just prete

Please log in to read the full chapter