Chapter 57

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 57

"Tae" was all that managed to escape from Jimin's lips. He was truly shocked as he stood up and right away went to embrace his best friend. They both walked out of the room so that was they wouldn't make too much noise around the girls "That's not fair! You and I both know that you did it to protect you and your mom!" He continued with tears forming in his eyes. 

"Well, it's too late now. I deserved this anyways, my mom shouldn't have taken the blame at all" He said as he tried to smile. Jimin could see right past it though, he knew Taehyung was scared. 

"How long is your sentence?" Jimin asked. He felt like he was not going to like the answer. 

"I've been sentenced.....to life" Taehyung replied, even though they were whispering the words he spoke truly pierced at Jimin's heart and it sounded louder than if someone would've screamed it at him. "P..please watch over the girls for me. This is the last time I'll be able to see either of them, because my aunt is waiting outside to take me. I have to hurry, I love you Jimin. Thanks for being my brother and my best friend" Taehyung said as he embraced his best friend one last time, and then walked off towards the girls rooms. Jimin just stood there absolutely speechless, his mind wandering thousands of miles per second. 

Taehyung first entered Minhee's room to give her the bouquet of flowers he had bought. He stood next to her bed side and smiled gently at the lifeless girl. "Minhee, I don't really know if you can hear me, but it was really good knowing you. Thanks for accepting my weirdness and for being the sister I never had, I'll never forget you and I hope you don't ever forget about me. This is goodbye" He spoke softly as tears already began to stream down his cheeks.

He then walked out and went inside Jungmee's room. His eyes looked towards her, thankful that she was breathing, but sad that she hadn't awoken. 
"Tae!" Jin said as he walked over to hug his friend. "Are you doing okay man?" He continued. 
"I....I just came to say good bye for the last time" He said timidly, trying to smile. 
"What?" Jin asked confused. 

"Long story short, you remember that incident I had with my step father those years ago? My mom finally told the truth, and now I'm going to prison for it. It's a life sentence, so I won't be seeing you guys again, unless you visit" It pained him to have to reiterate what was happening at the moment, but his friends deserved to know. 

"Tae, i'm so sorry" Jin said as he hugged his friend once more. 
"It's alright. I'm just grateful that she has you in her life to take care of her, and I know you will. Thank you for everything you've done for me Jin, I can't express enough. Love you man" Tae smiled with more tears streaming down his cheeks.

Jin then started to tear up too. "Love you too...brother" He said as he let his friend go.
Taehyung then walked over to Jungmee and lovingly gazed at the girl he fell in love with, it pained him to see her in so much pain. He gently lifted her hand and slipped on the bracelet he had gotten for her. Jin just stood as he watched the boy, this was his last time seeing Jungmee, so he stepped back. "Jungmee" He said as his voice trailed off, he couldn't hold back from crying. "Everyday with you, I felt like I could be who I truly was. You really never judged me, even after I told you the monstrous thing that I did in the past, you still smiled at me and treated me like you always did. I felt like when I was with you, my past was unable to haunt me like it has my entire life. I can't thank you enough for being the light that I desperately needed. I love you Lee Jungmee" He looked over at Jin, out of respect that it was his girlfriend. He already knew what Taehyung was going to do, and nodded his head in assurance that it was alright. Taehyung then leaned down towards the girl, and kissed her forehead for the last time. 

"Be strong man, we're aways going to be here for you" Jin said as he watched his friend walk out with saddness slowly consuming his heart. Taehyung continued walking, when Jimin ran up to him and hugged him for the last time.  "I love you too man. We'll get you out! This just isn't fair!" He cried. 
"Thanks man. Please tell everyone else I love them. But I have to go now, before they start getting suspicious" Taehyung said and quickly disappeared into the elevator doors.

Jimin walked into the room to check on Jin and Jungmee, he frowned as he looked upon Jungmee still laying there lifeless. He looked at his friend, and he looked rather disheveled and in deep thought. 
"Aye man, you okay?" Jimin asked. 
"I just don't know anymore. There's just been so much going on, I can't even wrap my head around it. These two get kidnapped by a past mistake WE got ourelves into so long ago, literally almost died and then Taehyung gets life in prison? Like honestly, what is life worth if it's this ty!" He said as tears of frustration streamed down his cheeks. Jimin had tears streaming down his cheeks at this point too, but he reached out ad grabbed his friend and pulled him into a tight hug. 

"I don't know how to ease your pain, but don't give up just yet. They're still alive and breathing, and so is Taehyung. Justice will be served, and he will be released" Jimin said. Jin felt bad because he knew Jimin was suffering just as much as he was with everything going on in his life. 
"Good morning gentlemen" A nurse said as two walked in. "We've received orders to move the girls into the same room. If you both could please wait out in the hallway, it shouldn't take too long" she said, the boys nodded their heads and went to stand outside. They watched as the nurses carefully strolled Jungmee over to the other room right beside Minhee. Thankfully it was an easy move, and no complications arose from it. "We also need to change the girls sheets, so if you could wait outside a moment longer, that would be great" the nurse then

Please log in to read the full chapter