Chapter 52

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 52: 

"Well that was odd." Taehyung's eyebrow raises, he causes everyone to stare at him in disbelief for his loud comment. 

"It's our turn." Jimin points out as he sees a backstage student point to him. "You ready?" 

Jungkook nods his head and they both walk up to the stage the moment the MC calls their names. 

"Lets go watch it." Jungmee states as she pulls her sister towards the curtains that cover the backstage. They watch as Jimin and Jungkook grab their mics. 

The loud roars of the students echo in the auditorium as both boys take their places oppostite from eachother. They are both wearing vintage American 1950s outfits. 

Jungkook smiles as he hears someone call out his name in the crowd. The lights dim slightly and his smile disppears quickly. The recognizable melody begins and a few parents clap their hands and cheer. 

You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you

Jungkook sings his verse very passionately as he smiles thinking about Minhee. The crowd cheers.

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that is real
You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you

Jimin sings in perfect harmony. The instrumental to the song begins and he immediately postions himself to do his solo dance routine. The crowd goes wild when he begins to move swiftly on the stage. 

Jungkook begins to sing the chorus by himself once more while Jimin dances: 

I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say

Minhee notices Jimin stare at her the moment Jungkook sings 'I love you baby'. She smiles at him and looks shyly at the ground. 

"They sound amazing!" Someone cheers from behind the girls. "Look at Jimin!" 

Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you

Jungkook sounds heavenly with his enchanting voice. Minhee can't help but get butterflies when his voice echos in the room. The number continues with Jimin dancing and Jungkook singing. Towards the end of the song Jimin stops dancing and joins Jungkook on singing the last verse:

Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you

The crows goes wild. Students holler out Jimin and Jungkook's name. Some parents whistle and cheer loudly as the boys slightly bow. The MC stares at the boys in amaze "Lets give it up for Jungkook and Jimin." The crowd once again cheer so loudly as the boys walk off. 

"JUNGKOOK I LOVE YOU!" One boy screams from the third row yearning a couple of laughs. Jungkook embarrassingly runs to the girls who are clapping and laughing along with Bobby and Taehyung. 

Jimin runs over to his girl and wraps his arms around her. "You guys were amazing." Minhee smiles brightly. 

Jungkook stares at Jimin and watches as Minhee pecks his cheek. He blushes and stares at her in awe.

Taehyung hugs Jungkook. "Congratulations you sound amazing." He tries to focus Jungkook on something else because he knows the young boy is hurting deep inside. 

"Thank you." Jungkook forces a smile out.

The MC announces the next act. Bobby slightly pushes his friends and places some darks shades.  "Excuse me but it is my turn."  He turns back once more. "Now watch how cool I am going to be." He walks swifly to the stage and a bunch of girls start screaming and chanting his name. 

"Oh my." Minhee makes a face in digust. "I can't believe we are related to him." 

Jungmee chuckles when she sees the way Bobby acts infront of everyone. They all gather around the backstage area and watch as Bobby poses infront of everyone. Suddenly Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' begins to play. Bobby swiftly dances around the stage. With every new move he does, he crowd goes wild. The crowd goes in chaos when he perfectly manages to do the moonwalk. The parents of students whistle and clap. The girls scream out his name like crazy fans. Even the teachers clap along and stare in awe. When the song ends Bobby earns a very loud applauses and cheers from the crowd. He bows slightly and then runs back to his friends. 

"Oh my that was amazing!" Taehyung bursts out. 

"You're glasses didn't even fall out." Minhee points out. "I didn't know you could dance that good!" 

"I been practicing." Bobby smiles brightly. "It took me a while to master it."

"Good job!" Jungkook high fives the boy. They continue watching other students perform until it is Taehyung and his groups turn. 

Taehyung marches out of the dresssing room in a suit. 

"What skit are you guys doing?" Bobby asks. 

Taehyung puts on some round spectacles and marches to the dark stage. The stage is filled with office like chairs. And a cpr dummy lays on the middle. 

"Oh they are doing The Office scene." Jungmee points out. She begins to chuckle as she remembers that episode. It is one of her favorite scenes. 

Minhee stares at her sisters and shakes her head as she remembers seeing Jungmee sit around in the living room and watch 'The Office' episodes while she laughed at the TV for hours. 

They watch as Taehyung takes the role of Dwight Shrute from the tv show. They watch as their classmates reenact the whole 'First Aide' scene. They hear the crowd laugh when they start singing the Bees Gees 'Stayin Alive' and some of the students acting begin to dance. Jungmee continues laughing and can't hold it. She holds onto Bobby's shoulder because of how amusing she finds the skit. 

The crowd laughs even harder when Taehyung cuts out the face of the dummy and places it on his face. That yearns laughters from even the most serious faculty. After the skit ends the students all grab hands and walk towards the front of the stage. They slightly bow and earn many applauses and cheers from the audience. 

Taehyung runs over to his friend in amusement. "What did you guys think?" He smiles over at Jungmee who continues to laugh. 

"It was amazing." Bobby smiles. "You are very good at acting." 

"Thank you." Taehyung snickers. "I am way too happy." 

Jungmee can't stop gazing at Taehyung. He looks so nice with round spectacles and a suit on.  She even blushes sligh

Please log in to read the full chapter