Chapter 22

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 22:
"It's the last day here." Minhee popped a grape into . She slowly chewed on it and then took a sip of her orange juice. "What should we do?"
Jungmee was sitting back on her chair looking through a fashion magazine. "No more snowboarding that's for sure." She flipped on more page. "Lets do something fun like..." Her voice trailed off.
"Like what?" Minhee asked.
"Remember Dongwon telling us about the boys' fears?" Jungmee tossed the magazine on the table. She leaned crossed her arms.
"Yeah." Minhee answered emphasizing.
"Well then." Jungmee chuckled "How about we prank the boys?"  "How would we do that?" Minhee took a bite of her French toast.
"With the help of our little prodigy Dongwon." Jungmee laughed.
An evil smile creped on Minhee's lips. "Lets go for it."

"Hey Jimin!" Minhee walked up to him. He stopped his sudden tracks and turned to him.
"What's up?" Jimin asked.
"So you know how it is our last day here right?" Minhee begun "How about we all go on a walk or something?"
"In this snow?" Jimin emphasized
"Yes." Minhee smiled. "I heard. Uncle Yoon tell me they have this campfire on the middle of the woods."
"Okay then sounds cool." Jimin said.
"Cool! Tell Jungkook, Bobby and Taehyung." She waved at him and marched off.

"So why are we going into the woods?" Taehyung asked walking behind Bobby. h
"The girls said their is a campfire." Jimin shrugged.
Jungkook looked around. "Well I don't see anything." He turned to Jimin "Are you sure we aren't lost?"
"I am positive." Jimin nodded "They said we have to reach a small bush that sort of resembles a face."
They continues walking until they found a small campfire set up in the middle.
"I think we are here." Bobby pointed out.
Suddenly something dashed on the other side and hide behind a tree catching Taehyung's attention.
"Did you see that?" He pointed out.
"No." Jungkook turned to him "See what?"
"Something like a little kid." Taehyung whispered.
"I didn't see anything." Bobby exclaimed.
"Taehyung you are just imagining things." Jimin laughed.
"Shut up!" Taehyung pushed Jimin.
A wolf howled from a distance.
"I never knew there were wolves here." Bobby's eyes widened. He had a fear of wolves.
"It is three o'clock" Jungkook looked at his watch. "Do wolves come out in the middle of the day?"
Jungkook turned to Taehyung. Taehyung shrugged. "Why you looking at me? I have no idea!"
At distant they heard the weeping of a girl.
"Jungmee? Minhee? Is that you?" Bobby howled. He looked around but no one answered. The weeping begun again.
"I am pretty sure that isn't Minhee or Jungmee crying." Jimin looked at Bobby.
"Look there!" Taehyung pointed out. "Did you see the figure? It ran across that tree to that tree!"
Suddenly they heard a branch break.
Jungkook's eyes expanded. The bushes behind them moved slightly from the wind. They heard a small child weeping.
"Dongwon?" Taehyung called out. "Is that you?" The weeping became louder.
Suddenly the figure behind the tree ran across again.
"!" Jimin jumped back a little. "I saw it too."
The four boys huddled closer together and stood next to a giant tree.
Suddenly the figure dashed out from behind the tree hiding his face. He sat down on the ground and tucked his legs in. He slowly rocked himself back and forth.
"Dongwon?" Taehyung walked up to the small boy. He for sure thought it was Taehyung. He gulped and slowly reached his hand out. "Its me Taehyung. Its okay."
At the same time another figure appeared. She was drenched in red stains. She reached in to touch Taehyung's shoulder. He turned around and screamed.
Jungkook, Bobby and Jimin stood back when suddenly a huge spider fell from the top of tree. They also screamed their heads off in fear. And held each other. Once the screams died off they heard chuckling.
"Bravo!" Minhee laughed walking out from behind a tree.
Jungmee took off the black long wig and laughed at Taehyung. Dongwon stood up and turned to Taehyung smiling.
"What?" Jimin scratched the back of his head. "What just happened?"
"You four just screamed." Minhee smiled "Like little girls." "No we didn't." Jungkook crossed his arms.
"Yes you did." Minhee mocked.
"No we didn't." Jungkook shook his head.
Minhee grabbed a small recording out of her back pocket. She pressed play and their screams were heard again.
Jimin rolled his eyes. Jungkook just stared in disbelief.
"Okay very funny." Bobby walked up to his cousin. "Are you going to blackmail us?" 
"Nope." Minhee shook her head. "Just keeping it for memories."
Taehyung turned to Jungmee "I can't believe you would do this to me! After everything we have been through."
"Oh come on!" Jungmee nudged him. "It was just a fun little game. Nothing to big."
"I can't believe Dongwon would do this to me!" Taehyung looked over at Dongwon with sad puppy eyes.
"Noona gave me ten dollars if I participated!" Dongwon smiled cheekily.
They walked over to the rest of the group.
"So what should we do now?" Jimin asked.
"Lets go back to the hotel and eat some lunch." Minhee exclaimed "I am super hungry."
"Yeah lets get out of this creepy place before something real pops out and kills us all." Bobby turned.
They all nodded their head and dashed out the woods without turning back.

"Thank you Uncle Yoon." Jungmee said.
"This was really fun." Minhee smiled.
"My pleasure. It was nice seeing you girls. It has been four years since the last time I saw you two. Now look at you two all grown up." Mr. Yoon smiled at the girls.
The rest of the boys stood back and watched. Their luggage were put in the back of the limo.
"Thank you." Minhee exclaimed. Mr. Yoon pulled the girls into a hug. "Come visit me again okay?"  The girls nodded.
"Thank you Mr. Yoon." Bobby spoke up for the rest of the boys. They all bowed.
"No thank you." Mr. Yoon answered "For being friends with the girls and sticking by their sides."
The boys nodded. The girls walked back to the limo and one by one they went inside. They waved their goodbyes to their uncle.
Minhee turned around and saw Uncle Yoon disappear back into the hotel. She smiled and somehow he reminded her that her mother was still here with her.

They got back to Seoul.
"Well then this is my stop." Jimin smiled as the limo stopped in front of a small duplex.
"Is your dad home?" Minhee asked
"Yeah." Jimin smiled "If not I have my key." He dangled the key in his hand. "Thank you so much for this awesome trip." He smiled.
"Thank you for coming!"Minhee smiled.
Jimin chuckled and opened the door. "See you guys later." He closed the door and grabbed his luggage from the driver. He walked into the small duplex. They watched as his father opened the door of their home and close it.
"Who's next?" The driver turned to the teens.
"Me!" Taehyung exclaimed and gave the driver his address. 
They arrived at Taehyung's neighborhood in 10 minutes.
"Here we are." The driver exclaimed before opening the door and going to go get Taehyung and Dongwon's luggage. "Bye bye noonas!" Dongwon exclaimed before he ran to the apartment. A petite women opened the door.
"Is that their mother?" Minhee asked Jungkook
"No that's Dongwon's mother. Not Taehyung's."
"What happened to Taehyung's mother?" Minhee whispered
"Um she doesn't live with them." Jungkook turned to Taehyung who got out of the car. He could see the sadness in his eyes rising up.
"Oh maybe I shouldn't have asked." Minhee looked away embarrassed.
Jungmee followed Taehyung out of the car. "Here let me help you." She grabbed Dongwon's luggage. And walked behind Taehyung.
"You okay?" She asked as they steppes in front of the apartment.
"Yeah." Taehyung worded "Maybe one day I will tell you." He smiled and ruffled her hair.
"I would love to hear what you have to say." She smiled.
Taehyung gazed at the limo. He made sure they weren't looking. "I had fun with you." He smiled and looked at Jungmee in the eyes.
"I did too." She smiled back.
Taehyung took a step closer to her. He closed his eyes and leaned in towards her. She tiptoed and leaned in as well. Suddenly Dongwon opened the door. "Come on Taehyung!" He exclaimed "Lets have dinner."
Taehyung cleared his throat and chuckled. "Okay."
Jungmee blushed and took a few steps back. "I guess I will see you later."
"Bye." Taehyung said before walking into his apartment. Jungmee rushed back to the limo and they drove off.
The last stop was by their home. Bobby and Jungkook lived in the same neighborhood as the girls.
"Bye guys!" Bobby waved as he walked into his car with his luggage. He left his car at the girls' home since he gave all the boys a ride the day they were leaving for the resort.
"Bye!" Min

Please log in to read the full chapter