Chapter 9

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 9:
The moment Jungmee unlocked the door to the house she noticed it was different. Their parents were not home since their cars were not parked in the parking. 
"Mrs. Jung we are home!" Minhee exclaimed as she walked up the stairs to her room. Jungmee closed the door. She heard Hoseok chuckling and a voice that sounded similar to Namjoon's.
She marched to the living room. She saw Hoseok sitting back on the couch munching on popcorn. Namjoon furiously pressing on the game control. Yoongi sitting back just watching the boys play. 
Her eyes landed on Seokjin. He was sitting on the ground looking down at his phone.
She felt a little jealous. She pondered and questioned if Seokjin was texting some pretty college girl. 
In reality, he was texting his mother asking her if she was okay after finding out his father came home intoxicated.
She made eye contact with Yoongi. He glared with his sharp angry eyes. She turned away. "Hey Hoseok."
Hoseok's smiled kindly "Hey there Jungmee, want to join us?"

The moment Hoseok called out her name Seokjin turned his head. He turned off his phone and gazed at the girl next to Hoseok. He liked the way she styled her hair today. It was curled at the bottom towards her face showcasing the layers in her hair. He wanted to play with her hair and brush it. 
Jungmee noticed the hatred in Yoongi's eyes.

He said he doesn't want us close to his friends. Her sister's words echoed in her head.
"It's okay Hoseok." She shook her head. "I just came in to greet you all."
She turned away without making eye contact with Seokjin. Seokjin wanted her to join them. Maybe they could have sat together?
Jungmee walked over to the kitchen. She was starving. She opened the fridge and looked for something to eat. She grabbed a bucket of her favorite ice cream orange sherbet. She grabbed a bowl and started filling it up calmly.
People always thought it was weird that she enjoyed eating ice cream in the cold weather. She didn't mind it. She loved the feeling of the cold for some reason. She was sitting back engrossed in her own thoughts that she didn't notice Seokjin walk in the kitchen.
He stood back with his back pressed against the wall. He analyzed as she continued dumping cold ice cream into her cup. For a small girl she ate a lot. She closed the lid and pushed the bucket away. She looked at her ice cream hungrily and with one spoonful she swallowed it.
Seokjin couldn't help but chuckle. She looked up and saw him. Her eyes widened. She tried to cover her face from exposing her red cheeks.
"Is it okay if I grab some?" Seokjin slowly walked over to her side. He grabbed the spoon in her hand. He dipped it inside the ice cream and swallowed it. Jungmee's eyes widened. Was this an indirect kiss?
She blushed even more at the thought.
"How was your day today?" Seokjin asked like a mother. He continued devouring the dessert. "It was good." She answered not making eye contact. She took a spoon from the drawer and continued consuming some ice cream as well.
Seokjin liked the way he felt when he was next to her. He liked that they could stay in utter silence and feel comfortable around each other. He wonder what it would be like to date her. He imagined wrapping his arms around her and pressing her closer to him as he kisses her deeply. He imagines her chuckling softly and her touching his hair gently as he falls asleep. He wants to feel loved. He wants someone to care about him and love him even with his dark demons. He smiled to himself.
"How was your day today?" She asked looking down at her spoon. "It was okay." He answered "I was hoping for something better on school. But now I have to take some damn exam."
She chuckled a bit as she watched him pout.
"I hate exams too." She uttered
"Yeah." He opened the ice cream bucket and filled up the bowl with more.
Jungmee liked the way he made her feel. He made her feel at ease and all her troubles were gone. She felt like she had someone to talk to about other things that weren't girl related. She wondered if they could maybe develop a friendship? She wanted to have a friendship with him.
The continued devouring the ice cream in silence. They liked each other's presence. They felt like they matched quite well together.
"Well I must get going. I need to work on my essay." Jungmee stated. From the chair she tossed the spoon into the sink. She looked back at Seokjin and smile warmly. "Talk to you later."
She stood up from her seat. Seokjin's lips formed a frown. He didn't want her to leave. He placed the spoon inside the bowl and stood up as well. He gripped Jungmee's hand. Her eyes widened at the sudden contact. Her heart raced faster. He pulled her back so her face was facing his.
Her gaze stayed on his chest. She was too scared to look up into his eyes. What if she felt something more then friendship? She was scared of falling for someone.
Seokjin in the other hand wanted to fall for someone. He felt like maybe he had found the right person. Maybe it was Jungmee.
He pushed a strand of her hair from her face. He grabbed her face with his strong firm hands. He made her look into his eyes. Her eyes widened. She noticed the darkness in his eyes. He was looking for light. He wanted to find the light once more. He thought it was her who could maybe fill it for him.
Seokjin wanted Jungmee to share some of the light she had with her. The longer he stared into her eyes the more she saw the sadness in her eyes. He saw a spark in her eyes. He thought it could maybe be a tear. Or a horrendous secret. He wanted to fill in that small sadness for her. Just like he wanted her to fill in that small empty side of him.
He reached in with his thumb and caressed her soft delicate cheeks. He felt her face become warmer. Her cheeks turned crimson red.
"Seokjin." She whispered. He loved the way his name came out from her lips.
"Yeah?" He asked engrossed in her eyes.
"I-I have a-a q-q-questio-n-n" She stuttered shyly. He had never seen a girl act in such vulnerable way around him. He liked it. What if he reached in to kiss her? Would she react and kiss him back? Would she move away? He pushed his finger towards her lips and he touched them.
Jungmee felt anxious and nervous. She liked the way he made her feel.
"Am I interrupting something?" Yoongi's voice stated in the distance with a hint of anger.
Seokjin slowly moved away from Jungmee. He crosses his arms against his chest.
"What was going on?" Yoongi gazed at Jungmee with anger. He clearly remembers telling them to stay away from his friends.
"Nothing." She looked down in disappointment. "I was just leaving." She quickly passed by Yoongi. She bolted upstairs and locked herself in her room.
Yoongi in the other hand gazed at Seokjin. He notices his friend go back to his quite self. His smile disappeared. He straddled back to the living room. And took a seat next to Hoseok. He keeps thinking about his interaction with Jungmee.

Meanwhile upstairs Jungmee laid on her bed. She looks up at the ceiling. She places her hand on her heart. She feels it racing faster the more she thinks about it. She is afraid. "Why am I feeling this way?" She asked herself. "Can a boy really make me feel this way?" She wants to shake those thoughts away but she can't. "Why are boys so confusing?" She tossed the pillow from her bed towards the mirror on the wall. She looked back at her reflection. She hates it.

Minhee sat back doing her math homework in her room. Suddenly her phone rang. She reached in for it and opened the text message.

New message:
I wish you acted like that with me instead of Jungkook. :(

Her eyes widened in fear. Someone was watching her in class?

New message:
Guess what princess? I won't give up on you.

She grabbed her phone and turned it off. She was scared. Is someone watching her right now? She marched to the window in her room. She looks outside and sees nothing. Just a few kids running around. She decides to close the window for safety.
"Ignore Minhee," She says to herself. "It is someone just messing with you." She goes back to her homework and tries to concentrate.

Jimin looks down at his phone. He wonders if she has gotten his messages. Why isn't she responding? He pulls his hair in frustration. Suddenly

Please log in to read the full chapter