Chapter 45

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 45: 

Minhee's eyes widen as she quickly pulls away from the boy. "Jungkook-" she stood there speechless as her mind and heart were racing. Did he just....tell her he loved her?
"I'm sorry. If I didn't do it now, I would never get my chance to do it" He replied in disappointment  that she had pulled away.
"Jungkook, I love you too. But as a friend. I'm already with Jimin, I'm sorry" Minhee replied. 
"I wish I would've gotten to you sooner! I'm such an idiot! I lost you because I was just a damn coward" He replied as he stood up against the wall they were near. Tears started to stream down his cheeks. "You are the first person Minhee, the first person I've ever felt sincere love from. Different from Jimin and my friends. You were the first taste of what genuine love could feel like, and now I've lost that love to someone else, my own best friend as a matter of fact. Around you, I could be myself, I could actually be happy. Something I can't even do or feel around my own damn parents. I don't think you understand how much I love you Minhee, you're the first thing I've ever yearned for. But it'll never happen" at this point, along with the tears his fists started to clench.  
"Jungkook, if you're in so much lonliness and pain, then let me help you" Minhee said as she tried to go towards the boy. 
"How the hell can you help me! " he said angry as he scooted away from her. 
"Look, I can still be there for you even if I'm not your girlfriend. I really do love you and I want to be there for you. But I can't do that if you keep pushing me and your other friends away" Minhee replied in frustration. "Don't be irrational Jungkook. If you don't want to be lonely in your life, then stop pushing away the people that want to be a part of it, myself included!" she continued. Jungkook stood there, pondering the words he had just heard and realized that maybe he was being a bit selfish with what he wanted. Minhee was right, he can't just push everything away simply because he didn't get what he wanted. 
He sighed. "You're right, I'm sorry" he said as he crouched down in frustration. Minhee crouched down in front of him, and gently placed his hands on his arms "We're friends Jungkook, I'll be here for you whenever you need me. You can talk to me" she said. Her words and kindness soothed his troubled soul and brought comfort to his lonely heart. He couldn't have her the way he wanted her, but at least he still had her as a friend. 
"Thank you Minhee" he said. 
"Now come on, let's get going back to class." she smiled as she started walking to class, he followed behind her. Coach Han had the students running laps around the schools field. 
"Jungkook, Minhee! Get on the field and run 10 laps! Since everyone doesn't want to participate in what we had for today, maybe running around the field till the end of class will teach you to appreciate other things we can do besides this" you could heard everyone groaning. 
"Come on guys!" they heard an excited Jimin say as he signaled for the two to come and run beside him. Minhee just chuckled as she ran to join him, with Jungkook following after. These days, Jimin truly did look a lot happier. His face glowed brighter, and he smiled more often but not in a flirtatious way, it felt like more of an expression as to how he was really feeling on the inside. 

"If I told you, you'd look at me differently. It's happened everytime I've told someone, EVERYTIME." he said as he became more solemn. 
"Taehyung, how can I get to know who you truly are, if you keep hiding things of your past?" Jungmee replied. 
"Because my past isn't just some petty thing that can be easily shared like that! My past is horrible and dark and it continues to chase me no matter how far away from it I try to go! And I don't want to lose you because of it, I can't" He replied. 
"How do you know that you're not already losing me by trying to hide and bury it! I don't think it's fair for you to base my reaction off of what other people have done to you! The difference between me and those people, are that you haven't directly told me about it! Taehyung, I truly do care about you. I want to know all your sides, not just your best ones. Even your worst sides I want to know" She replied. 
Taehyung just stood there as he thought about what she had said. How do you know that you're not already losing me? That sentence echoed in his mind, as he realized there was much truth to the statement. Jin was the opposite of Taehyung, he was more of an open book when it came to his past,  he's concealed his dark past for a long time and found that it's gotten him nowhere. He realized that if he didn't tell Jungmee the truth, if he didn't take the chance right now to say it, then she would have to hear it from some other source and not from himself. He realized that he didn't want that, he wanted her to hear it straight from him. To hear his side, before the media takes the case and twists it around. He was there, he knows the truth. 
"Okay, okay. You're right. If there is anyone you're going to hear about my past from, it should be me. But i'll tell you later. It's too long of a story to tell, and we have to get back to class" He says with a smile as he takes her hand. Jungmee can feel her heart pounding, and she suddenly feels anxious, she really wonders what he's going to tell her. They walk inside to see all that the class had gone outside, and were no longer in the gym. They saw that all the students were running around the field. "It's about time! Now go and join the others, before I make the two of you run extra laps!" Coach Han grimaced as he walked off to monitor the other students. 
"Geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today" Taehyung said as he started to run. 
Jungmee followed after, and chuckled at the comment. "Well, our class is full of -heads, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made him angry" she replied. 
"You're not wrong" he laughed. 
"I hope my sister is okay, she has asthma and I don't know how much endurance she can handle before she needs her inhaler." she said worried as she looked around. 
"She'll be okay I'm sure. She is most likely with Jimin and Jungkook. And you know how those two are around her" he chuckled. 
"I really hope she didn't forget it. That girl is so forgetful sometimes" she said as they continued to run. 
"Jungmee! Taehyung!" they both heard a voice from behind them call out. They looked to see Jimin, Minhee and Jungkook catching up with them. 
"I was just wondering about you! You brought your inhaler right?" Jungmee said as she ran next to her sister. Minhee, already seemingly exhausted, just nodded her head because she k

Please log in to read the full chapter