Chapter 14

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 14:
It was a chilly Sunday morning. A sheer blanket of frost covered the green grass in the front yard. Minhee wrapped herself with her favorite blue scarf. She carried a load of school books in her backpack and continued strolling down the suburban neighborhood.
She eventually got to the library. The library was about ten minutes away from her home. With each step she took her heart would beat faster. Her breathing became unsteady. She opened the door and took a few steps in. She gazed around the quiet and warm room. She felt her skin warm up as the warmth radiated to her skin. She saw students from her school sitting at tables engrossed in their own thoughts and work. She continued walking around the library sitting area searching for Jungkook. She couldn't find his familiar face.
She continued strolling until she reached the end of the library.
Jungkook sat at a round table. His books scattered all over the place.  He was wearing a simple white long-sleeved shirt. And blue jeans. A black beanie covered his dark brown locks. His face was emotionless. He was too engrossed in his book to notice Minhee approaching him.
"Hey, Jungkook."She whispered taking the seat next to Jungkook.
He gazed up only to find her smiling at him with her perfect pearly whites.
"Hi." He voiced stoically. His heart begun to beat faster and felt like something had fallen in his stomach. 
"Hey, so you ready to work?" She titled her head to the side.
A lump grew inside Jungkook's throat, making it hard to answer back. Instead, he nodded his head.
He watched as Minhee pulled out countless books and placing them in front of him. She pulled out the chair and removed her pink coat.  The smell of her perfume overtook their seating area. It was perfect. I was a fruity smell just like he had imagined. He quietly sniffed the air around him and was able to smell the citrus with a blend of Brazilian purple passionfruit, shangri-la peony, and Madagascan vanilla orchid. She was so concentrated on her work and didn't even acknowledge his presence as much. She wasn't aware of the looks Jungkook gave her. 
Suddenly her phone started to vibrate on the table. She reached in for it. She saw the way her face tensed up. It must have been Jimin who was texting her. She tossed her phone back in her backpack and continued skimming through her book.
Jungkook cleared his throat and looked at the ground. "So you going to prom?"
Minhee gazed up from her book. "I guess so." Her voice didn't sound enthusiastic. "Are you?"
"Yeah." Jungkook answered, "With Taehyung and maybe Jimin."
Minhee looked away and nodded. "Oh."
She turned her attention back to her books once it got quiet.
For the next 45 minutes, it continued being silent. There was nothing wrong with the silence devouring the small room but for some odd reason, Jungkook wanted to start a conversation with her. He just didn't know how to begin. Every time he tried it would end really quick.
"Okay, so this is the information I got on our character." Minhee scooted closer to Jungkook.  Once again, he was able to smell her perfume. She passed him the notes.
Jungkook grabbed the notes and skimmed through them. From the corner of his eye, he watched Minhee. The more he looked at her the more he noticed she was beautiful. She looked exotic compared to all those girls he sees at school. He could finally understand why girls didn't like her. She was innocent but not too innocent. Her eyes were a beautiful color of chocolate brown and almond-shaped. He understood why boys at school talked a lot about her. She was different.
"Did you find anything?" She turned to Jungkook. Their eyes met. He got lost in her gaze.
"Uh yeah." Jungkook uttered nervously "Uh here." He passed the book to Minhee. She pulled it closer to her and read it to herself.
"This is great!" She cheered "Good job Jungkook."
He smiled grabbing the book from her hands. For a spilled second their hands touched. He felt this warm tingling feeling graze upon his skin. Minhee on the other hand blushed. She turned away hoping Jungkook wouldn't see her reaction.
"Thanks."

Jungkook unlocked the door to his home. There was no one to greet. He placed his coat on the racket and walked to the kitchen. He searched for something to eat. His house was more silent than the small library. There was no need for maids since no one was ever home but him. No need for butlers or chauffeurs since he took the school bus or city bus to school. Plus he lived ten minutes away from the school. According to his parents, there was no need for humans in this house just material things.
He strolled back to the living and threw himself back on the sofa. He stared at the ceiling for a while. It was a Sunday afternoon. He had finished all his homework. He didn't want to go to the mall. He wasn't really an outgoing type of guy.
He was the complete opposite of Jimin. Jimin was an outgoing guy. He could easily get along with everyone. Jungkook was an introvert. Spending most of his time curled up reading a book or playing the piano.  He never had a girlfriend. Occasionally he would have crushes but only temporarily. He never really liked them enough to go up to them and tell them how he really felt. He liked keeping everything to himself.
He grabbed the phone from the side table and dialed a number. He listened to the small humming of the line.
"Hello?" Taehyung's tired voice trailed
"You sleeping?" Jungkook asked
"Was." Taehyung implied "Just woke up."
"Are you do

Please log in to read the full chapter