Chapter 53

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 53:

- Namjoon POV - 

"I know those bastards are keeping a close eye on us" Yoongi stated in annoyance as he looked around their surroundings.
"We should've never gotten ourselves into this kind of stuff! I'd be completely okay if they just wanted us, but they're always targeting our families and people who are important to us, and they'll stop at nothing to get what they want!" Hoseok replied. 
"We won't let them do that anymore! We have resources, and protection, our guys have been watching over us too and making sure they don't get to us." Namjoon said to try and ease the situation. 
"You don't think..." Hoseok started a sentence but stopped because his heart dropped at the thought. 
"What? You don't think what?" Yoongi chimed in. 
"They wouldn't hurt Jungmee and Minhee would they?" Hoseok said as chills ran down his spine. 
"NO! We absolutely cannot let them! Aside from our parents, they are the only thing we truly have left in this life time. We can't lose them too, we won't lose them" Namjoon bursted out. It had been a couple of months since Namjoon had been living with them, and he's fit perfectly in, their parents were also his parents, and Minhee and Jungmee were just as much sisters to him, as they were to Hoseok and Yoongi. The girls meant everything to him just as much as his own sisters and family did. 
"Then should we really let them out of our sight or even go out?" Hoseok asked. 
"I mean we have to protect them, but we also can't let them know why or else we'll scare them" Yoongi said. 
"We'll talk to the rest of the guys about it. Just keep a close eye on the girls, but don't make anything obvious. We don't want them to feel unsafe or afraid" I said. Hoseok and Yoongi nodded their heads. 

- End of POV -

Jin and Jungmee walked outside the building and met up with a woman "Mom? This is Jungmee" he smiled as they walked closer. His mothers eyes glossed over immediately upon looking at her. 
"It's very nice to finally meet you Ms. Kim, I-" Jungmee said, when suddenly his mother pulled her in for a hug. 
"Thank you, thank you so much" she whispered as she hugged Jungmee, it brought tears to Jin's eyes to witness such a warming scene. 
"Thank you? What for?" Jungmee asked. 
"Thank you for being in my sons life. For being the saving grace he's been needing. He's told me so many wonderful things about you, but I knew everything was true even before I met you all because of the way he's changed. I can't thank you enough" She explained. Jungmee was incredibly touched, she was speechless and wasn't expecting such kind words. 
"Ms. Kim, those words are much too kind for someone like me. But I truly do thank you, your son has been a saving grace in my life as well." She smiled as she looked back to intertwine her fingers with his. 
"I always dreamed about the day my girlfriend would meet my mom, but I didn't expect it to be this...perfect" Jin chuckled causing all of us to join along. 
"Sweetheart, you can just call me mom. But I honestly feel so much better knowing someone like you is with him. Life is too short, who knows when I'll be gone, or how soon it'll be" his mother said a little solemn. 
"Mom, please don't talk like that. You're going to live a longer life" Jin said. 
"I'm just saying it makes me happy that Jungmee is here, and that after so long I finally get to meet her in person" she reiterated. His mother didn't look like she was that old, but you could tell her body was fraile. 
"It's an honor to hear that from you, mom. Thank you so much" Jungmee smiled and bowed. 
"Goodness, you are so polite. Your parents must be proud of you darling" she smiled as she lifted her hand to gently cup her cheek. 
"Alright, let's get you home mama. You need some rest" Jin smiled as they all walked towards his car. 

Soon enough it was graduation day. Who would've thought the day they all wished for, would arrive so quickly. 
"Can you believe it? We're literally graduating today" Minhee said as she stared at herself in her graduation gown in the mirror. 
"I never thought this day would ever come" Jungmee said as she came and stood next to her sister and placed her arm around her. 
"It's officially time to become an adult, I've been dreading this" Bobby pouted. 
"Just glad that I'm graduating together with my crew" Jungkook smiled as the group gathered together for a group hug. 
"It does feel good being here with ya'll" Jimin added. 
"I can't believe it's graduation day. Honestly, didn't think I would make it this far" Taehyung said, causing the rest of the group to look at him strange. 
"And what exactly does that mean?" Jungmee asked. 
"You know, I don't actually know. Just wanted to sound deep" he laughed, causing the rest of us to join along. Jungmee just looked at Taehyung, and for as long as she'd known him, she knew that laughter and joking was a way he hides the pain he feels on the inside. She knew he meant something more when he said that, but didn't want to try and pry. She was brought back to reality when her phone started to ring. She looked down to see that it was their dad calling. 
"It's dad" She said as she looked at Minhee. 
"He's not going to come to this either I guess" Minhee said bitterly. 
Jungmee answered the call as her and Minhee walked off somewhere more quiet"Hey dad" she said as she put it on speaker so the both of them could hear. 
"Hey Jungmee, listen sweetheart, I am so sorry but neither I or your mother can get any time off so I won't be able to attend your graduation today. Please also tell your sister that we're so so sorry" He said, but his apology sounded so empty and meaningless, nothing like how their father used to be. Minhee just looked at Jungmee with tears already in her eyes, as she walked off, she was furious. Jungmee was angry too, but tried to mask it as she spoke to their dad on the phone. 
"It's okay dad" was all she managed to say as her face continued to heat up. 
"Thank you for understanding sweetheart, once again appa is so sorry. I'll send you and your sisters graduation gifts in the mail. We love you, and tell Minhee we love her too" He replied. 
"Okay, bye dad" she said and just hung up. Jungmee had already started crying as she walked off towards her sister who was faced against a wall already bawling her eyes out too. "Minhee" was all she said as she pulled her sister into her arms. They both embraced as they cried together. 
"I hate that man! I hate him!" Minhee cried.
"You don't mean that" Jungmee said as she tried to wipe her and her sisters tears away.
"Who the hell is he? Mom always raised us on her own! Even when mom died, he got married again, was there for a little but then went back into his disappearing act. I tried to give dad the benefit of the doubt because he was our dad but all he gives a d

Please log in to read the full chapter